The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Mysterious puzzle of the missing dollar bill (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
I was wondering has anyone here got any experience of performing Nicholas Einhorns trick "mysterious puzzle of the missing dollar bill".

He performed it at a convention last year and personally I loved it so ended up buying it, and have performed it a few times to people and got quite good reactions. Does anyone else around here perform it and if so how do you find it goes down?
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1214 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I, too, get good reactions, especially from more "thoughtful" spectators. They appreciate the interaction of the puzzle and the trick.

Marc Charisse
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
This effect always gets a great reaction. I performed this effect at a college for a group of mathematics professors and not a single one of them could figure out the puzzle. Then once I performed the effect, they were floored! I personally hold a Ph.D. in an unrelated field, but I changed the patter to suit: "I have a Ph.D. and even I cannot figure out where the last dollar goes - but all I know is that everytime I show this to people, it costs me a dollar..."

Another thing to try: Carry all the necessary $1 bills on you, and if you are performing for a bigger group of people, you can borrow two $5 bills and a $10 bill. This always gets them on their toes because as Marc said: there is interaction, you are borrowing their money, there is a puzzle involved and in the end, money disappears. I usually do not borrow any bills but I have found that when you do, it really drives home the fact that (at least in their minds) this was completely "impromptu."
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
340 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I love this kind of effect. It is a familiar story to many, and it engages the brain. I worked Daryls routine but could never get the false count down smoothly. Is this version significantly different or the same basic structure: gaffed bills, false count, story?
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2013, Scott Horn wrote:
I love this kind of effect. It is a familiar story to many, and it engages the brain. I worked Daryls routine but could never get the false count down smoothly. Is this version significantly different or the same basic structure: gaffed bills, false count, story?

there are still false counts but you place bills on the table and due to a really clever gaff you can cleanly show all of the bills that add up to $30
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
211 Posts

Profile of Christo
I love this and get great reactons from the 'thinking crowd'. It's certainly not a bar trick - it's good for after dinner but well before everyone is into the brandies. Nobody here uses $ bills and it can't be done with €uro notes but that isn't a problem - people simply relate to the story. The gaff isn't difficult to make and the total investment isn't great in monetary terms. Well worth the trouble to make up and get down pat.

C Smile
"Humpty was pushed!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Mysterious puzzle of the missing dollar bill (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL