The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My feelings about hypnotism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johannes Lindrupsen
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
110 Posts

Profile of Johannes Lindrupsen
A couple of months ago I ordered the book "The new encyclopedia of stage hypnotism" by Ormond Mcgill, and I started to read. I also read about waking hypnosis experiments other places, and started to try them out on my friends. These experiments went so, so, and I only got the easiest ones of them to work, so after a while, I gave up.

About two weeks ago, I went back to McGills book and continued to read, and my interest started to glow again. I felt like I had to try this out more before I decided not to do more about it, so I tried some more suggestion tests like falling backwards and forwards, and so on, both on the same friends, and a couple of other friends aswell. This felt better than before, but still, I wasn't really succeding in the more challenging experiments.

Half a week ago, my feelings about hypnotism completely changed. I had a friend over, and we practised some magic togheter and after a while, I asked if he wanted to try out some hypnotism, and he was thrilled. First I did some waking hypnosis tests, like the falling backwards/forwards and heavy/light arms, and these tests worked amazingly well. I was thrilled, and I just had to try out some harder stuff, so I wanted to see if I could make him forget the name of the card he was holding in his hand, and it worked really well. He just couldn't remember what card he was holding before I said that he could remember it. I ended it like that that evening, and was really happy.

The next day, I wanted to see if I could do my first "trance-hypnosis", so we started again with a couple of tests, and then I did an induction where he looked at his own hand as I moved it closer and closer to his face, before I touched his forehead with his hand, and he went under. I then proceeded to stick his hand to his head, and it worked great. I said that he would, after that go deep under every time I touched my nose, and that too, worked really great. There was so much happening in my head at this point. I was so happy, and amazed, and I felt like I could do anything. As I hadn't started to read about a lot of other stuff I could do under hypnosis, I just thought that I wanted to try out another induction, the arm pull induction, and again, it worked really great. When he was under this time, I just made him feel great, and then made him wake up again, and we ended the session there.

Now, I just really want to get out there and practice more on these skills, and get better and better. The only problem for me now, is to find people to practice on.
I wanted to share this, so that any of you that tried this out, and then felt like it was impossible, maybe can get some new powers to go out and give it another chance!
Hopefully someone will get something out of this, as I have already, by being able to share it.

Thank you for reading.

-Johannes Lindrupsen
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Well done,Johannes!

This does help others, but more importantly it helps you. You have now got over the big starting problems that many have. You have proved to yourself that it can be done and that YOU CAN DO IT! You can hypnotise people!

You may have some people in the future who prove difficult, but you know that you can do it, so don't give up and try a different approach with them. For better chance of success, try on a group of people and then go further with the ones that seem more responsive to your suggestions. It really is a numbers game and by only doing one person at a time you limit yourself.

Approach groups that you don't know at social meeting places and tell them that you are a hypnotist. (You are as you have hypnotised) You will find that some people are really interested and want you to hypnotise them.

Read up and find lots more interesting safe things that you can do with a hypnotised subject and it's up and up from there.

Congratulations!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Johannes Lindrupsen
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
110 Posts

Thank you so much for the response Shrubsole! I got happy by reading it.

-Johannes
Johannes Lindrupsen
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
110 Posts

After last weekend's great sucess, I really felt like this was something I just did! Don't misunderstand me here, I just mean that I now really have the confidence to just go out there and do it.
I was having a lecture on communication at one of my local schools today, and my subjects was rapport, magic, mentalism and hypnosis.
I was very happy with the results, and the hypnosis part was amazing. I didn't do any trance-hypnosis, because I didn't feel like it was the right place, but I did a lot of waking hypnosis, like falling backwards, falling farwards, locking of the hands, stiffening of an arm, and I also did a routine where I got a person to forget a random tought, and then a card she was holding in her hand.

It felt amazing, and I am very happy now that I now how "easy" hypnosis feels for me!
Thanks for reading Smile

-Johannes
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Keep on going Johannes! Always start easy and slowly work them into a deeper state...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My feelings about hypnotism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL