The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Help on finding direction on trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
I recently picked up "The book of facts" by Chris Capehart. The effect is a routine I've seen before where you and the spectator cut, shuffle and trade cards, only to later predict how many face up, black, and red cards. The instructions are in my opinion incomplete. Any guidance?
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Sounds similar to control in chaos in mnemonica
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2502 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Actually, it sounds like one of the many variants of Simon Aronson's Shufflebored effect. Full details on the effect and ~10 presentational possibilities can be found in the Book "Bound to Please." This book also contains a wealth of additional material. Well worth getting.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
At the end, you predict the number of face up cards, how many are black, how many are red, and one that is a diamond. If that helps....
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
Like Steven said THAT IS shufflebored. The effect you read must be derivative of it. The book Steven mentions is a whole book on this effect - the most complete writeup you will ever find on this effect...
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
Thanks guys!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Help on finding direction on trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL