The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shoe Buiness Comedy Drink in shoe (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
961 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Ive got New Zealand covered for you Puck.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Great review in this months Magic Magazine!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Due to all the requests to see a full performance of Shoe Business we have decided to put up a link for all to see. This was shot live on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines early in 2010. It took us over a year to work out all the audio and subtleties so we ask that you please be ethical when viewing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX9Z8R6SIiE

Thanks,
Puck
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Just wanted to let everyone know that our top selling release "Shoe Business" is still available at http://www.puckmagic.com/products.htm now with free shipping in the US.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of rowland
Can anyone tell me if they have to be confetti loads for this, or is it possible to use snow storm loads for the final kicker, I believe snow storm loaqds are different although I am not sure , my reason for asking that I live in the uk and the normal magic dealers that I use do not have confetti loads. If there is anyone in the uk that uses this and can offer any help that would be great.

Thanks again
Rowland
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2388 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I got mine from the uk and it was a snowstorm.

I divide them into 3 to save mess and money!
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
CatsMeow
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of CatsMeow
This is a great concept with a few problems.

Essentially, it's a rehash of the banana/bandana with a drink poured into shoe. The effect itself (pouring liquid into a vessel then 'scooping' it out magically with a glass http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13300) is as old as the hills. Using a shoe is also not a new idea.

So what they are really giving you is the JOKES.

Several of the jokes ('make a magical gesture' etc.) are lifted directly from the bandana recording. Others ('if you're obsessive compulsive, push five repeatedly') are old bits that can be found on humour websites (http://www.darvill.clara.net/funnies/funny312.htm) There are a few original bits in there but they are not the strongest parts of the act.

Perhaps one could argue that they have created a pastiche of old ideas into something newer. Unfortunately, they have not really done that very well. Some of it makes little sense. It's set up as a practical joke hotline but, for some reason, the instructor turns it into a magic trick half way through. The recording also doesn't SOUND like a phone call, it sounds like a recording.

The original trick costs $4.50 at my local magic shop, I spent $100 ordering this one in. Whether you feel its worth $94.50 extra for the recording of mostly recycled jokes is up to you.

I think perhaps you'd be better off stretching your creativity a little and making your own 'recorded instructions' trick then buying this one.

Paul Romhany did a much better job with his six card repeat reinvention.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
If you try this in front of a paying audience, you'll be HOOKED. This is great and worth every penny to a professional performer who does not have time to put together a 6-minute hilarious performance piece that's climaxed by 2 terrific magic moments.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
CatsMeow
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of CatsMeow
If you're a professional performer who doesn't have the time to actual be creative and would just buy rehashed jokes and tricks, I feel sorry for you.

Magic deserves better.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
I beg to differ and so would at least 650 satisfied magicians I can think of.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2011-08-15 14:17, puckmagic wrote:
Due to all the requests to see a full performance of Shoe Business we have decided to put up a link for all to see. This was shot live on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines early in 2010. It took us over a year to work out all the audio and subtleties so we ask that you please be ethical when viewing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX9Z8R6SIiE

Thanks,
Puck

Puck, you guys are all class.

How refreshing to see a professional routine, straight from a working pro's act, offered for such a small amount of money ( $85 ). In the old days, pro's sold rights to magic from there act for hundreds, if not thousands.

Clarke
CatsMeow
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of CatsMeow
It's very professional. Just not original.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shoe Buiness Comedy Drink in shoe (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL