The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suspended Animation Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
If you want to check out more information about the legal owners of the Suspended Animation illusion or are just keen to just find out more information about the illusion feel free to check out http://www.SuspendedAnimationIllusion.com
And make sure to bookmark and check back soon for more updates.

Many Thanks,
JT
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Thanks to all the people that have joined the site and have giving me info of pirate rip off builders, performers and other people on this site with fake profiles etc, very interesting... We will be following them all up!

Video footage of our performance of Suspended Animation is available on http://www.SuspendedAnimationIllusion.com

See you all at FISM 2012;)
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Sweeet!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 00:07, John Taylor wrote:
We will be following them all up!

That's good!

Also the listing of all the >Licensed Owners< on the page is a really great way!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Yesterday on TV I saw this guy trying to mime Hans Klok's signature "5 Minutes" act. And failing horribly. His knock-off of Taylor's Illusion was absolutely laughable. It was sch a pity to witness laymen friends of mine going all "Dude, where's the magic?" and "Geez, there must be six people in there.

I'm tempted to post the video, but I feel like it is going to be exposure, since his performance was...oh, man.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Thanks Joy Joy:) Fabio feel free to message me via the Café or email me the link so I can have a look. Cheers!
Hans Klok is a absolutely brilliant performer but why so many people copy him is beyond me! Look within people... Find your own unique style, what's good for one doesn't mean it will work for you. Magic is full of unethical clones and I am going to do something about it... But more on that at a later date?
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Nice work John, this is a great way for designers to get the word out and crack down on the knock-offs. The list of Licensed Owners will also help in the battle. There will be no question whether someone owns an authorized version of this illusion from this point forward.

Good work my friend ...

Steve
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Thanks for trying to make a difference, John! One of the products I distribute for a manufacturer was cheaply knocked off and selling for 10% of the real deal. I alerted them, and they are looking into it as well!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
[edit] Just found the video. I'm going to send the link to you, John. I would put it on the Secret Sessions too, but I don't want it to get more hits.

Cheers for the excellent website, by the way! Makes me want to buy an SA even more, hah.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Fabio thanks for the link we have contacted the pirate rip off today!
World of Wonder thank you and Chezaday cheers mate:)
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
You're welcome, John.

You have all my support.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
That is an EXCELLENT idea of publishing the names of licensed owners. It wins on multiple levels. There is no gray area: either they are legit, or they aren't.
ednovi
View Profile
New user
Mexico
3 Posts

Profile of ednovi
I am getting ready to recive my SUSPENDED ANIMATION, and for me, the web page of the SUSPENDED ANIMATION, it is great and gives more importance to the ilusion and to the Ilusionist, Thanks John for this great IDEA.
illusiontech
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
210 Posts

Profile of illusiontech
Listing the rightful owners also protects the builder, in this case Bill Smith.

Unfortunately there is another Illusion designer out there who gave a builder rights to build a prop, then started having them built on his own (While the builder still had the rights). Granted it is his idea, but the builder did a lot of the R&D, has to run a shop with employees, etc. It sucks, because his (the designer) clients think he is wonderful, but any other illusion builder that has dealt with him including myself, has gotten screwed.
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Ednovi, it's great to have you as one of the elite owners of SUSPENDED ANIMATION! I know your going to do a great job performing it:)
Bill Smith - Magic Ventures builds a beautiful SA so I can safely say your going to bloody love it!!!
Thank you for ordering the original SA, it gives me some faith that there are still good guys out there willing to pay for our hard work and quality magic apparatus that's built to last a life time!

I have other illusions and a book of ideas really to go but I wonder if it's worth it, I almost don't want to now as I'm so sick of pirates rip of builders and performers that just steal your idea and then try and blow it off with disrespectful comments saying things like it's nothing new or original... It upsets me so much. - And like I mentioned in another post, I'm doing something about this piracy issue as I've just had it! More on this another time...?

Any performer or builder with a SUSPENDED ANIMATION PIRATE COPY will be contacted by me at some stage in time so expect to hear from me!

Once again Ednovi thanks for your order, let us all know what you think of your SA when you receive her.

Warm Regards,
JT
HENRYDORL
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of HENRYDORL
"I have other illusions and a book of ideas really to go but I wonder if it's worth it, I almost don't want to now as I'm so sick of pirates rip of builders and performers that just steal your idea and then try and blow it off with disrespectful comments." JT

It's really hard to see a creation being stolen and mistreated. But if you stop sharing your ideas, if you stop selling your illusions to top performers who respect your work, if you stop getting the word out with your name on it FIRST, the thieves will have won the battle: they will have discouraged you and killed your creativity. Focus on your genius regardless of their mischievous attempts to steal. They're not worth it. You are one of our contemporary illusion creator: please keep on sharing!

Best regards,

Laurent BERETTA
'What of Art?' she asked.
'It is a malady.'
'Love?'
'An illusion.'
'Religion?'
'The fashionable substitute for Belief.'
'You are a sceptic.'
'Never! Scepticism is the beginning of Faith.'
Oscar Wilde
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Laurent thanks for your mail. It's hard to focus when your not making the money out of the invention like you should be. I do wonder sometimes if I'm just better off putting my energy into something else.
Don't get me wrong I love magic, but there are to many cowboys in the business and when I am constantly hunting rip off builders and performers with just this illusion it makes me wonder if it's worth the stress to bring out more.

Pirates you will be found so expect a call...
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Tim Kutch is the latest owner of Suspended Animation Thanks Tim:)
ednovi
View Profile
New user
Mexico
3 Posts

Profile of ednovi
John,
The addition the SUSPENDED ANIMATION will be to my show is completely worth it. I can't help but to tell you that the best way to fight off all the pirate copies is to give your very best, as you do now, pirates will follow, but I think that life is like a mirror, What we do is exactly what we get.
MAGIC grows from people with passion and you are one of does, the part your playing in it is absolutely invaluable. Thanks to people like you and to people who acquire the legal rights to perform any given Illusion, the industry of magic will keep on creating emotions, amazing and thrilling people around the globe. Magic has been, and always will be my life and essence, and I most sincerely hope that you realize, the completely new lease on life that such new Illusions give me.
So I thank the international magic industry, all its magicians and you for giving me this. I can't wait to get my hands on the SA.

EDNOVI
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Hi Ednovi, Thank you for your kind words of advice, it's a pleasure to offer you SA and have you as one of our elite owners:)
I can promise you this, it's worth every cent as we have put all of our blood sweat and tears into making it available for the ethical magicians in the magic world.
Thank you for respecting our work and for helping our industry to grow by your dedication towards Magic. We need more of you Ednovi:)

Best Regards,
JT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suspended Animation Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL