The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suspended Animation Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
The SA is a piece that ALWAYS get standing ovation!
I was one of the first owner (along with Hans Klok and other 5 at that time!) and from years the illusion work wonder!
@Endovi the craftmanship is the top noch and will last forever!Im sure you will fall in love for that!
:)
ednovi
View Profile
New user
Mexico
3 Posts

Profile of ednovi
Hello Luca, thanks for your words, I am sure of that, I hope to recive SA by the end of abril, and start practicing. congratulations for your work.
MagicGib
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of MagicGib
Does everyone who own a authentic SA also have a second ripp off version ?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 14:34, MagicGib wrote:
Does everyone who own a authentic SA also have a second ripp off version ?

You mean, sort of like collecting Die Boxes?!?!?!

:P
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
To answer your question MagicGib yes, Christian Farla from the Netherlands owns a real Suspended Animation plus a Rip Off copy, in fact he has made 2 copies and sold one to Magic Phil in France for 5000 Euro's cash claiming it was a real one, he was originally asking 6950 Euro that's nearly the price of a new SA from Bill Smith Magic Ventures. Magic Phil now owns a pirate and wanted his money back when he found out but Farla won't have anything to do with him. I tried to help resolve this but I was basically told to F---k O-f by Farla. Real nice guy...

I have tried to talk to Christian about this over the years and he has continued to try and get out of this but every time he tries he keeps digging a bigger hole for himself.
I have lost total respect for him now and have given up trying after giving him enough chance to step forward and come clean. All he could do is try and put the blame on Startixx by saying he was just selling the prop from them? Which regardless is bad enough as he knows they're a rip off builder that copies Suspended Animation etc and having a real one himself him of all people should know to stay clear of them but Startixx and Farla are mates. But it still didn't stop Farla from putting that blame on Startixx by saying he was just selling the prop for Startixx.

I have photo's, testimonies and are now 100% sure that my theory is correct. I even have an email from Christian Farla's personal manager saying that Farla owns 2 Suspended Animation and how else is he expected to 2 different job on the same day.

The thing I'm most upset about is his arrogance and bully tactics and disrespect, he must think I was born yesterday.
He claims that his original Suspended Animation built by Magic Ventures fell off the back of a truck and that is why it looks different now??
It doesn't explain why I have photos of 2 totally different looking props at different venues - After he has already sold a pirate Suspended Animation to Magic Phil?
Anyway I think that's enough air play about Christian Farla.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
As for publishing the names of licensed owners, it's a good idea, but it might be difficult to keep up with. For example, I have an official, licensed Mirror Passage illusion by Wellington that I purchased from the fifth owner. I needed some information from Bill Schmeelk, and he originally wouldn't give it to me without the name of the licensed (in this case, "original") owner (in lieu of this, he asked instead for a description of a part of the mechanism to establish the illusion's authenticity). Finally (four months later) I found the name of the original purchaser. To complicate matters, the name I had for the original purchaser was his stage name! I had a good time "visiting" with all the previous owners on the phone, though.
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
I agree it's a lot of work ClintonMagus, but it's the best thing I can think of as it lists the people that are at least doing the right thing.
I think Builder and Inventors should all take more care who they sell the props to and should document who owns what etc a little more.
Magic has become to easy for people to get into now...

Real owners are meant to contact me when they sell their Suspended Animation so I know who the new owner will be.
We have a very detailed paper trail and do our best to protect real owners of SA.

The money I make in return from sales is hardly worth the work that I put into selling and protecting it.

Ethical artist need to stick together and we need to turn our back on the pirate builders and performers and not let them get away with the things they do Eg: like pirate builders advertising at magic conventions etc etc how do they get away with that?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 18:51, John Taylor wrote:
Eg: like pirate builders advertising at magic conventions etc etc how do they get away with that?

Answer: MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!

Its laughable that magic organizations that proclaim ETHICS in their code of conduct will look the other way when it come to renting booths to knockoff builders. Blackpool is one of the worst for this. I have called them out on it many times after friends of mine attended and saw booths containing knockoff origamis. When asked why this is the case they simply responded with " It never happened".

Next time my friend will be taking photos so I can email them as proof the next time Blackpool organizers tell me " It never happened" LOL

Keep up the good fight John.

Best,

Tim
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 18:51, John Taylor wrote:
I agree it's a lot of work ClintonMagus, but it's the best thing I can think of as it lists the people that are at least doing the right thing.
I think Builder and Inventors should all take more care who they sell the props to and should document who owns what etc a little more.
Magic has become to easy for people to get into now...

Real owners are meant to contact me when they sell their Suspended Animation so I know who the new owner will be.
We have a very detailed paper trail and do our best to protect real owners of SA.

The money I make in return from sales is hardly worth the work that I put into selling and protecting it.

Ethical artist need to stick together and we need to turn our back on the pirate builders and performers and not let them get away with the things they do Eg: like pirate builders advertising at magic conventions etc etc how do they get away with that?

Like I said, I agree with you. It's at least worth a try. Unfortunately, I don't have a better solution. At worst, the sixth owners might get to know the other five! Smile

I wish you the best of luck.
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
I have just been informed on the 14/9/2001 Yunke performed on the TV show El Hormiguero a pirate rip off version of Suspended Animation.
Yunke use to have a pirate but did end up buying an original Suspended Animation in 2010 so I am confused as to why he would still have the pirate and still be using it on TV.
The pirate is a poorly made version of the original SA. I have just emailed Yunke to see what the story is. Thanks to the person who told me about this.
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Dear Taylor

The fact of we paid the rights of the magic criations, respecting by this way the creators, unfortunately does not guarantee that they are not be copied . . .

Like you know, I bought from http://www.wkmagic.com (Mr. William Kennedy) my Torch Box and my Hologram, and I found in my country one magicina that worked in one circus that copied my Hologram (he did a very bad work), to process him I would spend a fortune with one lawyer and the portuguese justice is very slow, it would take years to see justice!

I tried to solve the problem by otherwise!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Falconer that's very unfortunate for you.
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Taylor

I resolved the problem after a very serious diplomatic discussion . . .but if he lived in China it would be impossible to persuade him!

falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suspended Animation Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL