The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tarbell Course Available for Kindle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I noticed on Amazon yesterday that all eight volumes of the Tarbell course are available for the Kindle for about $10.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Not true. It is only the old original course that is offered, which includes lessons 1-60. That brings you up to volume 5 in the printed versions. The ad is misleading because they show the covers of all eight printed volumes. I know because I bought it just to see how it compared. If you like the kindle format and are comfortable using it, you'll get the first five volumes of Tarbell (minus a few effects that were added to the print version and were not in the original course). I prefer the pdf format sold by Lybrary.com because you can scroll quickly through the book to any page, and I could not figure out how to scroll using the Kindle version. But if you want Volumes 6-8, you still have to get them in paper.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
Excellent clarification. I did buy the lybrary.com version, and while it's great to have much of tarbell, I had expected the whole thing, and something that looked more like the books' layout.
Lavey
View Profile
Regular user
Luxembourg
150 Posts

Profile of Lavey
I bought the 8 books of Tarbell, I love to hold books in my hands. And you could never kill a fly with a pdf!
Christian Lavey
Magician from Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Magicien de Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Zauberer aus Luxemburg https://lavey.lu
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You kill flies with your Tarbell? I'm telling! Right after I get out the seance materials.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
Actually, it wouldn't go to the iPad, which did kind of confound the main reason I got it. Should have won that competition as a kid that had Tarbell as first prize. Actually, at $150 or so for the eight volumes, it's one of the greatest bargains among magic books. No wonder so many people don't drop the $2500 for Harbin's book.
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I have the Tarbell Set on my new Kindle and I love it. Now I admit I don't own the Tarbell Book set at this time, someday but not now. With that said I can't confirm where the set leaves off on the kindle version but I am sure that Spellbinder is correct on that matter. I will admit it is very difficult to navigate throughout the lessons as it is and there is no table of contents I could find. But with the aid of the search function you can usually find what you are looking for and then mark and highlight sections to find easily in the future. So with all that said for $8 it is awesome. I can't believe you get all the great content for that price and the cool thing is you always have it with you anywhere. So lets face it even if you have the books you are not going to lug the entire set with you at all times so for $8 its pretty cool you could be on the beach or in the doctor's office and reference and read most of Tarbell. So I would highly recommend it for anyone with a Kindle. Bottom line it is very cool.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
JJP: That has ALWAYS been my point. Spellbinder says it himself...this is the ORIGINAL Tarbell. It's actually volumes 1-6, at least I have been told by someone in the know.

Volume 7 was written by our own esteemed Harry Lorayne. Volume 8 is a compilation of Tarbell's other writings, NOT his Course in Magic.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I looked on Amazon and could find it.
I Have all 8 volumes but a kindle version does appeal to me.
Dennis Michael
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
It appears that Amazon has discontinued it......
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2011-06-10 00:10, Mike Maturen wrote:
It appears that Amazon has discontinued it......

It has, indeed, been discontinued...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tarbell Course Available for Kindle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL