The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who has seen either of these TV shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
1) The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency

I inherited this from my mom's recent move. I wouldn't have watched it, but it's great.
I'm sad that there will be no season 2.

2)Pie in the sky

English detective chef from the 90's. My library just got season 4 and I'm thrilled. I want to sit down to fish and chips with mushy peas while I watch it.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 13:15, seadog93 wrote:
1) The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency

I inherited this from my mom's recent move. I wouldn't have watched it, but it's great.
I'm sad that there will be no season 2.
In addition to being great, it's wonderful to see a show that is set in Africa but isn't political or tragic. Just interesting people living their lives who happen to live their lives in Botswana Africa. Very cool.

2)Pie in the sky

English detective chef from the 90's. My library just got season 4 and I'm thrilled. I want to sit down to fish and chips with mushy peas while I watch it.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
1) The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency: I've always meant to watch it. I think I had the series taped at one point. Maybe I'll still get around to watching it one day.

2)Pie in the sky: Sounds familiar. I think I might have seen an episode on PBS or somewhere like that.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I've gotten LDA from Netflix, and it's a very nice watch. Love the surroundings, culture, etc. Your recommend for Pie in the Sky is appreciated, thanks.

As a thankyou, have you seen Wristcutters?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 13:51, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
As a thankyou, have you seen Wristcutters?

Tanks, no.
I just found it on hulu though, so I'll check it out.

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I watched the Number One Ladies Detective Agency and found it extremely well done and charming. I enjoyed it a great deal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who has seen either of these TV shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL