The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Liebrary eBook test. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
The effect: A spectator selects any one of several eBooks, turns to the page of his/her choice as you look away. The spectator concentrates on one word and you name it.

LIEBRARY offers 7 separate eBooks and the option to purchase supplementary modules with even more eBooks!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
I had the pleasure of receiving a preliminary copy of "Liebrary" from Prager for testing and evaluation when it was in its early stages of development. Although I have made no secret of my disdain for mentalism effects for iPhones, iPads and similar devices in the past because of the obvious implication that they are dependent on electronic gimmickry for their accomplishment, a good look at "Liebrary" has forced me to rethink my objections.

While the fact that it requires the participating spectator to think of a word on a page from an ebook viewed on an iPhone, iPad or computer screen makes it impractical use in other than one-on-one or close-up performance, I WAS IMPRESSED and if I can load it into my newly acquired smart phone (a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10) WILL HAVE NO QUALMS ABOUT USING IT on those rare occasions when I might find it appropriate to perform impromptu. While it does have some obvious limitations -- e.g., suitable only for one-on-one or close-up performance, immediately repeatable for the same spectator only if a different book is selected, etc. -- it IS a real fooler. The method is based on a well-known method popularized by Larry Becker its adaptation to an ebook format is very clever and, so far as I have been able to ascertain, original. IMO the fact that the participant has a free choice of any page in any of the seven books combined with a VERY reasonable price (in fact, IMO it could easily sell for more) and the option to purchase additional books if desired make "Liebrary" a real bargain and I am happy to have the opportunity to endorse it enthusiastically.

Although I understand that Prager credits me with contributing to the project in a notation in the instructions, my contribution was limited to offering some suggestions re: marketing. I have no financial interest in this or any of Prager's other products.
Dick Christian
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
WOW ! This is a real good beginning for your product Jose.
Im glad that you came up with a nice idea , original and giving proper credit/reference.

The best for your product.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I have also had the privilege of seeing this project during its many stages of development. I feel honored that Mr. Prager has allowed me to contribute my thoughts. His energy/enthusiasm is contagious. Dealing with Jose is as good as drinking espresso.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

In anticipation of the likelihood that someone will ask for a comparison of J. Prager's "Liebrary" vs. Alan Rossison's "Dracula Ebook Test for iPhones" I will post a comparison to the "Inner Thoughts" forum shortly.
Dick Christian
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5823 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Dragged kicking and screaming Dick, welcome to the 21st Century. Yes, this technology is becoming engrained and commonplace.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-03-11 11:47, Tom Cutts wrote:
Dragged kicking and screaming Dick, welcome to the 21st Century. Yes, this technology is becoming engrained and commonplace.

Tom,

No offense intended but don't be too quick to judge. Read my comparison of "Liebrary" (which is NOT an app) vs. Alan Rorrison's ebook test which IS an app. I am hardly a luddite and have nothing against technology* per se for magic or mentalism so long as it can be used in a way the does not make it transparently obvious that techno-gimmickery is employed in order to accomplish the effect. IMO "Liebary" is designed so that it meets that criteria.

*case in point: I started using what was arguably the first truly "portable" computer (an Osborne "Vixen") in running my business long before either personal desktops or laptops were as ubiquitous as they are today.
Dick Christian
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5823 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Do you not recall where you stated right here on The Café that an ebook test would always look like electronic wizardry; when others were saying clever performers will come up with solutions which overcome such concerns?

It appears LieBrary might just be the first of what will be a long history of "book tests" which use contemporary forms of "books".
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-03-11 13:10, Tom Cutts wrote:
Do you not recall where you stated right here on The Café that an ebook test would always look like electronic wizardry; when others were saying clever performers will come up with solutions which overcome such concerns?

Tom,

Of course I do -- in fact, I addressed that very issue in my initial post to this thread and went on to explain why I don't have the same concern about "Liebary." I will continue to endorse other ebook tests (just as I do book tests that don't involve ebooks) just as long as they meet what I consider to be essential criteria for credibility and will continue to deride those that scream "app."

Don't you ever bother to actually READ my posts before taking issue with them?
Dick Christian
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5823 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Oh I read your post, Dick. I also read the posts where you repeatedly stated that ebook tests will never be anything less than electronic gadget wizardry. But I know, the trend is to staunchly argue against something, then meekly announce one has changed their mind. I'm just congratulating you on overcoming that mountain of objection you had toward what others said was coming.

In fact, that IS something that others should not take lightly. It speaks well of the product.
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of monello74
I had the pleasure to read this new effect.
What I can say the this is really good. I tried it immediatly: I killed the spectators.
The wonderful thing is that if you have a smartphone you can perform it anywhere
and anytime. It is very easy to learn and to perform.

If you like the book test this version is for you. This is just a modern version and it is good like
the classic one or better.

Very good job.

Congratulation Josč

bye
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Where can we get this?
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

GeneTony,

PM J.Prager (see the opening post on this thread)
Dick Christian
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
It is now available: http://www.mentalshockproductions.com

:)
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
J. Prager is an exciting young talent.

I wish him much success.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I received a few moments ago my copy of this product ( as a matter of fact, 7 eBooks)

Very nice idea. Good thinking behind, VERY easy to do. The selection procedure is completely hands off.
Works great in iPhone 3GS ( at least in my own, hehe).

Well credited as well.

You gain a "thumbs up" from me José!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
WOW!

Thank you all of you for your comments, they mean a LOT to me.

We have tested LIEBRARY and it works perfectly with PC, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

It also works with a lot of smartphones, if you are not sure about a specific smartphone model please PM me.

LIEBRARY eBook test is NOT a special application, software, program, etc.

Effect: Spectator selects one of several eBooks, goes to ANY page as you look away, he concentrates on a word and you can reveal it!

You really don´t know the page selected by the spectator and there is no fishing.

If you have any questions please PM me I am here to help.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
$30!!!!

LOL!!!! Pick up a book and riffle force. iForce THE best iPhone mentalism effect is only $3

Crazy times.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes and wow, Dick has come over to the what will make regular books a thing of the past. Welcome aboard Dick, I never thought I would see you endorse this. "Why are you using those old paper things" LOL! Smile

Decomposed

PS: I may have to give up my push button landline phone and get me a fancy carry one so I can get this.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-03-13 03:36, Decomposed wrote:
Yes and wow, Dick has come over to the what will make regular books a thing of the past. Welcome aboard Dick, I never thought I would see you endorse this. "Why are you using those old paper things" LOL! Smile

Decomposed

PS: I may have to give up my push button landline phone and get me a fancy carry one so I can get this.

Don't bet your life on that. Those who think paper is doomed probably said that vinyl was doomed when 8-tracks were hot. Vinyl is now making a major comeback among serious audiophiles. I am confident in predicting that printed books will NOT disappear -- at least not in our lifetime. The useful life of a CD or DVD is estimated to be only about 20 years. While other digital media will probably be around forever, books are likely to be as well.

I don't plan to abandon print media, nor do I anticipate ever using ebooks, apps or other effects that rely on digital media in my performances simply because they do not lend themselves to the situations in which I perform (i.e., stage, plaform, cabaret for audiences as small as a dozen to as many as several hundred or more). Despite the fact that I will have few opportunities to use LIEBRARY myself, I have endorsed/recommended it because I know that many (probably the majority) of the Café subscribers perform almost exclusively for friends and family or one-on-one situations and rarely, if ever, perform on stage. I have also recommended it because of its versatility (i.e., it works on a variety of devices), the fact that it is clearly NOT an "app," is completely "hands off" and, although it uses an electronic/digital device, does NOT appear to be dependent upon techno-gimmickry in order to work. In those respects it is VERY different from most of the other similar (but hardly comparable) effects that are so popular and highly touted.

If and when other effects come along that offer comparable flexibility, portability, reliability and apparent "cleanliness" without the limitations/objections inherent in the other "techno-effects" I've seen you can expect me to endorse and recommend them as well. So far I haven't seen any.
Dick Christian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Liebrary eBook test. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL