The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bold by Rus Andrews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Card-chaos
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Card-chaos
Love the demo, the last phase is smooth.
Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the DVD has to offer.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
In response to a pm I recieved today, Hidden does end with the thought of card inside the spectators shoe.

And yes this effect is completely impromptu and can be performed with any deck.

Best

R
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Russ has shared some of this material with me. It's great stuff. I particularly liked OIL SLICK. I'll be USING this to follow my own O&W routine (Oil and Water Deluxe). These two go hand in hand!

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
The DEMO video for OIL SLICK, looks amazing!

I am impressed with it.

I am waiting for BOLD...

Nice job Rus!

:)
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2228 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

This new offering that RUS has to offer is going to be great!

BOLD may take some guts to pull off, but the effects all seem like workers, especially the one with the JOKER, but the one that I like is the OIL SLICK.

After watching the demo, I am sure this will become an instant classic among oil and water routines, since the 3 phases get more impossible with each phase.

The part I like about it is it is walkaround, and that the magic happens in the spectators hand, and don't forget FACE UP!

doesn't get any better than that!

I first heard of RUS with his release of Lifesigns and that is a worker for me, as it gets gasps, and since I am card savy as well as s mentalist, I think both magicians and mentalists alike can find something within this DVD.

Good luck with the release RUS!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1657 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This looks very cool indeed! Sometimes BOLD effects are the most fun for the performer! OIL SLICK looks incredibly clean. Cant work it out at all!

Congrads Rus Andrews and Merchants of Magic on what looks to be an awesome DVD (with some awesome spectator reactions from Ben Williams!)

Cant wait to check it out!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for your comments guys.

Glad you like oil slick, took me some time to create the handling for this took keep it looking clean and almost effortless.

All the best

R
chriswebbmagic
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of chriswebbmagic
Hey all,
I had the pleasure of meeting Rus in the south england convention and had a great day sessioning out with him and ben when I should have been working! and he has some very nice ideas.

Nice ideas but yet workable which is hard to come by these days. Cant wait to see the DVD and I'm sure every one will be able to get something out of this.

All the best Rus and good on you for putting your material out.

Peace Chris Webb
www.ChrisWebbVault.com

Creator of: Coffee Shot, Flash, Fickle and RE.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Nice performance Rus on Youtube. Smile - Oil Slick is amazing!!

It looks like you have an amazing list of interesting items.

I look forward to purchasing a copy of your DVD.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
923 Posts

Profile of jbadman
This looks nice. Oil Slick is a very clear Oil and Water that appears extremely innocent and open - which is everything you need with this kind of routine.

I'm also really intrigued by the routine where the card ends up on the spectator's back on the preview - this really looks like fun.

Would love to see a performance video of 'Hidden' - if it lives up to the description it'd be an absolute killer; I'd buy the DVD on the back of this one routine...

Cheers,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The only other experience I've had with Rus Andrews was his Dexplode, great practical thinker this one is.

This does look like one of the better walk around takes of Oil & Water I have come across.

The structure of "Oilslick" is sweet and setups for the second phase; shows simple structuring that works well with a routine.
Mind you it's only a two-phased routine, Oilslick is clear!
Step 1: Do it face down
Step 2: "You may think I was cheating so let me do it again" Face up this time!

This is one of those direct hitters I would could see being release from "Lee Smith" (It's a compliment)

This is a superb quick and direct Oil and Water. I know for a fact that Oil and Water can be very "watered-down" and convoluted so it was nice to see a worker routine that is easy on the spectator's brain.

The final show made me smile. Bravo Rus!

In the end Oilslick is my cup o' tea. Why? Well simple, clear, and it's not water-ed down by different mixing procedures as others.

I cannot wait to purchase this DVD.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

Thanks for all the great comments, this has aben a real exciting project.

The effect with he joker is called collared, this is a real cheeky bold routine that's stuns people.

All the best

R
Card-chaos
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Card-chaos
When will this be avaliable?????

Looking forward to seeing what this has to offer.

Just a question, The effect where the joker appears in the collar, can this be any card?
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

The collared card can be ANY card... this all takes place after a transposition on the spectators hand which adds to the mis-direction.

I will know the release date later today

All the best

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

Just an update

Thanks for all the comments regarding bold.

Fingers crossed this will go live in the next couple of hours!

All the best

R
Card-chaos
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Card-chaos
Any news on this???

Thought this was being released yesterday?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1409 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
We are now taking orders for BOLD and also sending a download copy to everyone who pre-orders the DVD.

US with free shipping: http://www.madaboutmagic.com/p37020/Bold......nfo.html

UK and International with free shipping: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p20229/Bold_-......nfo.html

We are taking pre-orders on the DVD now and including a download of BOLD with every order. That way when you order the DVD you can download BOLD right now and start learning it. The DVD will dispatch out at the end of April to everyone who orders.

The download version offer will end on the 1st May, and then will be available individually to purchase at the same price as the DVD
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Please note. Our download server is running slow at the moment as the BOLD download is a BIG file (700mg) It's slowed down as a lot of people are downloading it at the same time. If you place an order, you may need to allow an hour or two for the download to finish.

This should resolve itself, once the initial rush of downloads slows down.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Dominic
Card-chaos
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Card-chaos
"I was so pleased to finally get my hands on Rus Andrews' DVD - Bold.

The first thing I liked is that I got this as an instant download, which will be followed by the dvd, this I thought was great as I got to learn the effects as soon as I purchased BOLD.

I thought this was a nice touch ( thumbs up there )

It is a collection of card effects from Rus' working repertoire, I was excited when I first read the descriptions of the effects and they do not disappoint at all.

Collared - This is not difficult to perform once you've got the dump switch practiced, I'm gonna be doing this effect this weekend for certain.

Oil Slick - My new favourite oil and water routine, the climax is face up in the spectator's hands - really strong effect and again not difficult, as mentioned before this would be really cool to mix up with Ben Harris’s Deluxe which is another great handling of this type of effect.

Daley Transpo - Rus has added a visual aspect to Dr Daley's last trick which makes his version super clean the only one version of Dr Daley's I'll be performing from now on, This has a way of showing that everthing is as it should be after the cards are placed in the spectators hands which makes this an amazing transposition.. Very Clever.

Hidden - What better place for a card to appear than in your spectator's shoe - mind blowing effect that I can't wait to try out, this effect is explained in good detail as it relies on quite a bit of mis-direction, yet again a very clever and well thought out routine.

Pip my Ride - My least favourite effect but still a baffling and strong trick - I prefer the blank card version Rus suggests towards the end of the dvd.

Overall the DVD is excellent, I think I will be adding all 5 tricks to my arsenal of effects - all of it is solid, hard-hitting worker's material and you'd be a fool not to pick this DVD up.

Rus and Ben Williams have taught the effects and sleights well and they had be laughing quite a bit throughout which is always a nice bonus.

I recommend this to anyone that likes Cool Card effects, that are simple yet and practical.

Great work Rus, keep up the good work.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Great review. Thanks.

Just done a distribution deal with Murphys Magic supplies for the DVD in the US, should be available to dealers worldwide early-mid May.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bold by Rus Andrews (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL