The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What it feels like to be hypnotized (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Numpty |ˈnəm(p)tē|
noun ( pl. -ties) Brit. informal
1 nu
2 a stupid or ineffectual person.
ORIGIN 1990s: from obsolete numps, ‘a stupid person,’ of unknown origin.

[Just one of those graduates from a worthless American university, but one who knows how to use a dictionary as well as the "copy and paste" function.]
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
It doesn't surprise me in the least that Mr Kraig has an American university education since I have read many of his posts over the years and have always considered them to be complete nonsense.

And if this other pillock who posted the term in the first place is actually British it doesn't surprise me in the least since British people are the most horrible and rudest people on the face of the earth (except Australians of course). They are even worse than Frenchmen.

I am neither stupid or ineffectual. In fact I am probably the greatest intellect on this forum but of course that should be patently obvious. Of course it isn't rocket science to figure out that hypnosis is bunkum. A ten year old child could figure it out in minutes. It is only "educated" and daft university types who think otherwise.

At any rate I may stay and educate you all further.
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of hypno_mentalist
""And if this other pillock who posted the term in the first place is actually British it doesn't surprise me in the least since British people are the most horrible and rudest people on the face of the earth (except Australians of course). They are even worse than Frenchmen.""

don't know who you are but after giving me an insight about the preconceived notions you have about people , may 'godl help you ..
I am pretty sure that you will give every !@#$%^! reason in the world by quoting scriptures from the bible to prove that "jesus is god, "the only way, truth and life" .. .. & jesus is alive"

we see what we want to see, perception is reality ... you don't believe in hypnosis coz you don't WANT TO .. you BELIEVE in god coz you WANT TO )
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I'm very glad that you consider my posts "complete nonsense."

Many years ago, I purchased your complete training in stage hypnosis. It was on VHS tapes at the time.

Quite possibly the worst thing I have ever seen. The last tape included a performance. Of the hundreds of performances I've seen by a wide variety of performers, yours was the very worst of the lot.

So yes, I'm sure you'll educate us further...we'll just observe you and learn exactly what NOT to do.

For example, if someone were to call me a name, I'd at least have the good sense to look in a dictionary rather than simply promote my ignorance.

See? I'm learning already!
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
I must inform the illiterate chap who is under the delusion that he is literate that I am a follower of Satan rather than Jesus. In fact Satan is a very good friend of mine and he guides me constantly every day. I have been trying to convert the gospel section to Satan but I am afraid they are proving resistant.

But to address dmkraig the package he refers to was NOT my package. It belonged to an entrepreneur friend of mine. The deal was that he would make me famous and I would make him money. On reflection I think he got the better end of the deal. However, I have now improved that course and still sell it and it can be purchased from me directly for the measly price of $150. It consists of 3 90 minute DVDs and one fantastic 90 minute audiocassette tape. I will shortly be converting the cassette tape to a word document instead.

As to your criticism I am afraid that it takes two to study. Not only does the teacher have to provide good tuition the student must be a good student and you are plainly useless as can easily be seen by all the daft posts you have made over the years full of absolute tosh and only worthy of an American University. Just using big words and trying to sound intellectual does not a good hypnotist make.

However, I will whet everyone's appetite by an excerpt of the show you found so terrible. This comes straight from the course. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KooAZlDTC......0C4EB0A5

I see John Riggs has commented underneath that it is "superb". Of course he knows what he is doing and you don't. Besides if you didn't like it you had the option of getting a refund from the entrepreneur in question. Too late now. I am handling the sales of the course now. And you would have more chance of getting a refund from me than you have of being struck by lightning.

I notice Americans love this "money refunded if not satisfied" guff. I am afraid my philosophy is a trifle more brutal. It is "once Mark Lewis has your money you may as well say goodbye to it"
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Woww.. tricks can be learnt .. but when it comes to charisma , you have it or you don't.. in this case , its obvious ..
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Btw, the only dvds I have seen being recommended in this forum for beginners is reality is plastic , trilby connection and manchurian approach .... deeeper and deeper for stage shows...trust me, there is better chance of lightning falling on you than anyone buying your dvd for 150 $ .. just read somewhere that anthony was even willing to refund money if customer is not satisfied .. blessings and light , get well soon )
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 05:53, hypno_mentalist wrote:
Woww.. tricks can be learnt .. but when it comes to charisma , you have it or you don't.. in this case , its obvious ..

Young man. You are not supposed to have charisma as a stage hypnotist. The volunteers are the stars of the show not you. They must be the focus of attention not you. Having said that I can assure you that there is nobody more charismatic than myself. That is why you are hanging on to my every word. Personally I would prefer it if you were just hanging. Still, I expect you will be one day.

You on the other hand have the charisma of a dial tone and that is perfectly obvious. Therefore you might make a good stage hypnotist after all.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 06:01, hypno_mentalist wrote:
Btw, the only dvds I have seen being recommended in this forum for beginners is reality is plastic , trilby connection and manchurian approach .... deeeper and deeper for stage shows...trust me, there is better chance of lightning falling on you than anyone buying your dvd for 150 $ .. just read somewhere that anthony was even willing to refund money if customer is not satisfied .. blessings and light , get well soon )

Antony's course is ideal for acne ridden teenagers who wish to accost and harass innocent passers by in the street. My course is for people who want to learn how to present hypnosis on stage. The illustrious James Munton of this forum has stated that it is the best hypnosis teaching he had ever come across. Of course he is a more intelligent student than some of the more braindead of you. And as a matter of fact I sold one set a few days ago to a customer in Austria. I am sure he wil find it useful.
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-07-06 06:12, Mark Lewis wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 06:01, hypno_mentalist wrote:

Antony's course is ideal for acne ridden teenagers who wish to accost and harass innocent passers by in the street. My course is for people who want to learn how to present hypnosis on stage. The illustrious James Munton of this forum has stated that it is the best hypnosis teaching he had ever come across. Of course he is a more intelligent student than some of the more braindead of you. And as a matter of fact I sold one set a few days ago to a customer in Austria. I am sure he wil find it useful.

ohh myy myy !!!... even a 10 year old kid can sense that you are just plain JEALOUS of anthony and "politely" saying tht his stuff is nowhere near ur product's level.. for your kind information mr ,his product has 100 times more favourable reviews than yours ..

I agree I could be braindead coz as per ancient myth ,wise people are bald Smile .. you have been bald for ages ..so, I have to give you 1 point over here Smile

hail teen spirit ...
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Opss!!. how could I miss the nerdy specs Smile lol ... 2 points now ))))
hypno_mentalist
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Here is a review of your tape and it clearly outlines how RUDE you are to ur helpers by calling them IDIOTS .... one other reviewer talks about your charisma.. not getting into it now..

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx......&tid=233
Another review from William Esborne:
This product is currently being way over-hyped, baby. It contains of the the usual bells and whistles and "bonus add-ons" of any television infomercial, unfortunately, the quality of the product just doesn't match the hype.

For your $300+, you will receive four of the most poorly-produced videos I have seen in a long time. Two audio tapes of the "How to be a Success" ilk, two books on hypnotism which are sorely dated (a mysterious "wonderful" back stock find — not!) and the one true value a large spiral bound collection of scripts for inducing subjects to hypnotic suggestion.

Piece-by-piece break down: The first two videos deal with the basic topic of stage hypnotism. While each is listed as having a specific topic it is often hard to tell what the topic is since there is virtually no clear discernable outline in the presentation. This is not helped by the fact that they are shot with the type of defocused image which is typical of home video equipment rather than professional equipment. The videos are also largely shot against the background clutter of a magic shop with an attitude which seems more typical of Uncle Stosh telling his war stories. There is quality information here but it just isn't worth wading through the crap.

The two bonus audio tapes are much more tightly produced and are typical of any self-help business tapes, one is on self promotion and the other is on how to succeed in life and the marketplace. Helpful material but nothing that isn't available in every Encore, Barnes and Noble, Borders or the thousands of business seminars that continually tour the nation.

The two "bonus" video tapes, Vols. three and four, do deal with some specific issues, including stage hypnosis with a small group.

There are two additional sets of audio tapes. These tapes include the following: Vol. 1, "How to Hypnotize..." which covers the same material as the Vol. 1 video, and Vol.2 "Background Drone, Trance Induction Tape..." an audio background tape for use during induction and for relaxation.

If you are still with me after wading through all of the above crap you will know what it is like to find the one gem in this mess. It is the collection of induction scripts and performance materials which come in the large spiral bound book over an inch thick. It does contain a large number of typos and some other minor irritations but compared to the rest — it is excellent. If you are not familiar with how to create such material you will never have to worry about it because there more than enough here to keep you busy.

What is this ill-conceived pile of rubble worth? Maybe $100-150. Hampton Ridge's has better produced videos for $10 each.

L & L provides clearer outlines, better controlled information, outstanding productions values and video editing by the world's best performers for $30 per about an hour and a half of tape.

Now for the good news. Van Langen who is the distributor from Canada offers the tapes with a 90 money back guarantee, I hope they're writing my check right now. I hope they don't get hand cramps signing the checks.

My suggestions while you're on-line go over to Amazon.com and check their material, the books are current and they can find you the classics, and the videos they don't have are way better produced.

============

"" Mark Lewis, on many occasions refers to his helpers as "idiots". He does this in the explanation part and during the lectures, not during his shows. I found it very unprofessional and demeaning. And I couldn't help but wince everytime he did it."""

hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Wow. What a lot of shouting. I can imagine Mark holding an imaginary fishing rod and reeling in his imaginary fish. Terrible behaviour for a God that follows Satan.

Did we get a decent definition for "the power of suggestion"? Why does that make people apparently believe they are Elvis? If there is no hypnosis, no trance, then what needs to happen before the suggestion in order for it to take? Or are you suggesting Smile that the people who end up looking like they believe they are Elvis would have acted identically if there hadn't been a pre-talk, an induction, deepening and other phenomena prior to the suggestion to be Elvis?

Maybe I'm a 'numpty' but I don't see the point of saying "X doesn't exist - it's all Y" if you don't explain what Y is. "The power of suggestion" is just as vague as "trance" IMHO.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
I shall comment on those reviews later. For the moment however, it is untrue that I uttered a single word of criticism of Antony's product. I merely pointed out that it had nothing to do with stage hypnosis. As for me being bald that is quite true. As for hypno-mentalist being illiterate and stupid that is also true.
But once I had hair.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Funny you should mention people who delude themselves to a conclusion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be fair he helped you take himeslf down by posting that video.

Why is it that every thread becomes an internet measuring contest?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
And why do they never specify if they´re talking about length, or girth? Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 11:05, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
And why do they never specify if they´re talking about length, or girth? Smile

My morning laugh! Thank you sir.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 07:12, hypno_mentalist wrote:
Here is a review of your tape and it clearly outlines how RUDE you are to ur helpers by calling them IDIOTS .... one other reviewer talks about your charisma.. not getting into it now..

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx......&tid=233
Another review from William Esborne:
This product is currently being way over-hyped, baby. It contains of the the usual bells and whistles and "bonus add-ons" of any television infomercial, unfortunately, the quality of the product just doesn't match the hype.

For your $300+, you will receive four of the most poorly-produced videos I have seen in a long time. Two audio tapes of the "How to be a Success" ilk, two books on hypnotism which are sorely dated (a mysterious "wonderful" back stock find — not!) and the one true value a large spiral bound collection of scripts for inducing subjects to hypnotic suggestion.

Piece-by-piece break down: The first two videos deal with the basic topic of stage hypnotism. While each is listed as having a specific topic it is often hard to tell what the topic is since there is virtually no clear discernable outline in the presentation. This is not helped by the fact that they are shot with the type of defocused image which is typical of home video equipment rather than professional equipment. The videos are also largely shot against the background clutter of a magic shop with an attitude which seems more typical of Uncle Stosh telling his war stories. There is quality information here but it just isn't worth wading through the crap.

The two bonus audio tapes are much more tightly produced and are typical of any self-help business tapes, one is on self promotion and the other is on how to succeed in life and the marketplace. Helpful material but nothing that isn't available in every Encore, Barnes and Noble, Borders or the thousands of business seminars that continually tour the nation.

The two "bonus" video tapes, Vols. three and four, do deal with some specific issues, including stage hypnosis with a small group.

There are two additional sets of audio tapes. These tapes include the following: Vol. 1, "How to Hypnotize..." which covers the same material as the Vol. 1 video, and Vol.2 "Background Drone, Trance Induction Tape..." an audio background tape for use during induction and for relaxation.

If you are still with me after wading through all of the above crap you will know what it is like to find the one gem in this mess. It is the collection of induction scripts and performance materials which come in the large spiral bound book over an inch thick. It does contain a large number of typos and some other minor irritations but compared to the rest — it is excellent. If you are not familiar with how to create such material you will never have to worry about it because there more than enough here to keep you busy.

What is this ill-conceived pile of rubble worth? Maybe $100-150. Hampton Ridge's has better produced videos for $10 each.

L & L provides clearer outlines, better controlled information, outstanding productions values and video editing by the world's best performers for $30 per about an hour and a half of tape.

Now for the good news. Van Langen who is the distributor from Canada offers the tapes with a 90 money back guarantee, I hope they're writing my check right now. I hope they don't get hand cramps signing the checks.

My suggestions while you're on-line go over to Amazon.com and check their material, the books are current and they can find you the classics, and the videos they don't have are way better produced.

============

"" Mark Lewis, on many occasions refers to his helpers as "idiots". He does this in the explanation part and during the lectures, not during his shows. I found it very unprofessional and demeaning. And I couldn't help but wince everytime he did it."""

Now let me deal with this twaddle. It is NOT the course I sell. I do NOT sell "bonus audio tapes" on how to succeed in life or large spiral bound books full of induction scripts. This is NOT my course. That is somebody else's version of my course.

My own course is completely different. There are NO VHS tapes. And I do not charge $300. I charge $150 and you get 3 DVDs lasting 90 minutes each plus a 90 minute audiocassete which is going to be eventually transcribed into a word document that the customer can read at his leisure. It is the best hypnosis tuition in the business.

I was not satisfied with the original course or the way it was marketed with all the usual American style over-hype in advertising and all the extra bonuses which were nothing to do with me. There was a lack of a study plan and too much material was given away and as a consequence various dimwits such as Mr Esborne above or dmkraig didn't have the intellectual capacity or patience to wade through it all. And yet despite these disadvantages people wrote in to us saying that the course had changed their lives and they had become professional stage hypnotists because of it. In fact there is one chap on this very forum who became a professional stage hypnotist after studying these tapes. He argues with you from time to time. His name is RDS or something that I can't remember. He seemed to be bright enough to figure out what dmkraig and this Esborne twit couldn't.

And of course James Munton learned to be a stage hypnotist from these tapes and from no other source whatsover.

There was one DVD showing a bad performance when I was not as talented as I now. That DVD has now been eliminated and replaced with another one.

I started doing stage hypnosis for money in 1995. An entrepreneur approached me in 1998 to put out this course. He paid me a fee and that was that. It was his call not mine as to how the course was put together. He advertised it heavily and made a lot of money out of it.

It is now 2011. I have learned a lot since then and I defy any stage hypnotist to put on as good a show as my own. What you saw in 1998, good as it was, is not what you are seeing now in 2011. And you are getting the course in 2011 rather than 1998. The "bonus" material has been eliminated since I realise it will confuse the dimwits and not only don't I overhype it I hardly ever mention it. And I wouldn't have done so if the illiterate child with an American degree who has never even seen it hadn't brought it up first.

A study plan is enclosed which is actually quite a simple one. Listen to the audiocassette first which happens to be fantastic and in fact was reviewed by Mota on this very forum many moons ago in a positive manner. Then view the DVDs in one, two, three order. That's it. Even the dimwits of this forum can manage that. And then you will get the best stage hypnosis in the industry. You don't need to take those expensive in person training courses. A lousy $150 and that will be all you need.

However if any of you don't believe how instructive I can be I must inform you that some time ago I started to write a book on hypnosis. I only got up to 34 pages. If any of you want to obtain those 34 pages free of charge to see if I know what I am talking about I shall send you a word document with the contents therein completely free of all charge. However, this is contingent of you meeting my approval so certain various nincompoops on this section will be refused so need not apply.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Oh and as for the "idiots" comments OF COURSE the people jumping around on stage and acting like lunatics are IDIOTS. What else should I call them? That twit reviewer Esborne had led a sheltered life I am afraid. When you have worked to morons day after day trying to remove money from them by virtue of the Svengali deck you are liable to have a different perception of the human race than I do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What it feels like to be hypnotized (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL