The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Question - Repeat Guests (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
I'm very new to this and haven't taken the plunge to go into an actual induction. I'm practicing my approach and set up and have done the magnetic fingers and hands to the delight of many. My question is, upon polishing on my words with the induction how do you begin with persons who have already experienced the above display. Would you use other tests to begin. I did find a couple who responded well with magnetic fingers and possibly will be a good subject. This is the one thing that wasn't discussed by Anthony Jacquin on his excellent trilby or manchurian DVD's.

Not long ago I sold the Trilby set soon after I purchased because I didn't think I could pull this off (confidence and personality as I'm not one to be the center of attention) but knew after selling that it was a mistake. So I purchased the Manchurian set and am taking my time to get this material in my brain so it flows naturally. I've performed magic for many of years but do to my full time profession I"m limited with time, which is another obstacle in my way as I have researched that family and friends is probably not the best to practice on as they don't normally take it or (you) seriously.

Thanks in advance to all who take time to respond.
RandyM
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Anyone??
LucidMovement
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Wa
6 Posts

Profile of LucidMovement
Randy,

I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking, but if I am to understand correctly, what you are asking is what to do with people who have already experienced the magnetic fingers and if it is wise to start with the same thing or use some other method.

Using that as the base, I would say that using the same initial induction is fine really. Most of hypnosis, at least in my experience, comes down to their belief in what is possible, as well as your own belief in your abilities to guide someone to a desired state. If you find that they do not take you seriously, this is a challenge to be met by talking with them. When I have run across people who don't particularly believe in hypnosis or my ability to hypnotize them I explain how hypnosis is a state that everyone enters multiple times throughout every day and I engage them in the discussion of these times, getting them to remember the feeling they have just as they are waking up in the morning or just drifting of to sleep, when their bodies may feel different than normal, but not yet asleep. I'll explain that they may feel a kind of tingling or throbbing throughout their bodies, or a sense that they cannot move, and explain that this is a similar state to what hypnosis is and I'll ask them what that feels like for them, making it more of a discussion about what it feels like and less if it is possible or plausible. I get them to believe that the state is not one that is really up for questioning as to its existence, but what it feels like for them. Also asking them things along the lines of "Have you ever been watching a show, only to notice that you remember nothing of the past 10 minutes of the show, having totally blanked out?" And when they reply in the positive, I explain that that is a form of hypnotic state that we all enter into. The point of all of this being to show them that they are indeed susceptible to a 'hypnotic trance'. This leaves them more open to anything that follows and gives them a sense of what they should be expecting to feel.

I can certainly understand your trepidation and lack of confidence, but you really have to put that aside when doing this. If you don't believe you can do it, neither will they and it will not work. Hypnosis is all about belief, in both parties. Believe you can do it and you increase your chances of actually being able to. Engage the person and explain that they have to be willing to do this and willing to focus completely, make the success dependent on them, this encourages them to really pay attention and be a part of it and increases the likelihood of its success.

I hope this helps in some way and good luck moving forward! And I would highly recommend picking up the Trilby set or Reality is plastic again, both are wonderful regardless of your experience.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Thanks so much for your reply. It is very helpful. I do have the Manchurian DVD's and they are pretty much similar material as the Trilby set except for the Critique of others learning. So far I"m having much success with the magnetic fingers and plan to move forward as my understanding grows. It is a fascinating art that's for sure.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
830 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I have posted this elsewhere but James Tripp has one of the best approaches to use on friends and family. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYTmS9mKWI

Randy, I have no doubt that you are going to crack this nut fairly quickly. Once you get your first success it will boost your confidence tremendously. You will be able to springboard from that and simply will not be phased by tougher than usual participants. Their hypnotic experience will simply be your initial set pieces and they will be none the wiser that you had hoped for more phenomena.

I am anxiously awaiting your success stories that I have no doubt will be showing up soon.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
LucidMovement
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Wa
6 Posts

Profile of LucidMovement
Oh! That is brilliant! Thanks for the link Chris, I hadn't seen that before, great information. Good call! Also, in poking through the videos that James has, I found one that is incredibly insightful, and quite relevant (and contradicts/corrects some of what I said above and in this I feel he is right). http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesTrippTV#p/u/13/DeO0mK6FMiE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Question - Repeat Guests (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL