The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Cards Across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twm
View Profile
Regular user
of wine.
109 Posts

Profile of twm
I sometimes perform 'Cards Across' as per 'The Royal Road'. There's only one small, simple sleight involved, and I can cope with that. However, I'd love to be able to do a version similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJFOqKxCJQI
The only thing that stops me is the bit at 1:20 where he takes two cards off the deck as though they were three. I really can't see how to do this in a convincing way. Can anyone give me any pointers please?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
You could replace the way he does the count by using a biddle steal which would look just as clean however I think the wrist action is key with the count the amazing Paul Harris is using,hope this helps Smile
twm
View Profile
Regular user
of wine.
109 Posts

Profile of twm
OK Thanks. I've been practicing a steal instead, and it's starting to come together. I guess I'll just look longingly at the way Paul Harris does it, and hope one day to emulate that.
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Las vegas leaper still has palming and lots of sleight of hand in the vanishing card sequence.

my favorite cards across that I use in both stand up and close up with absolutely no palming! the cards go from one spectator to another entirely in their hands.... its great!

is "LEAP OF FAITH" by Bill Malone. it can be found in ART OF ASTONISHMENT vol #1. on pg. 187
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Cards Across (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL