The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The mad King of Saudi Arabia sends his goons to Bahrain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16251 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gee, I hope it doesn' bring down realestate prices. Say, didn' the Brits put he Saudi Royal Family into power?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16251 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes we Brits put everyone in power as our puppets. Which is why you pay us tax and fight our wars.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Is he "Grrrr" mad, or "Wooloolooloo!" mad?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16251 Posts

Profile of tommy
Are you considering renting or buying a cardboard box?

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I tell you, when a mellow country like Bahrain is having protest ya know it is a problem region. I don't know how much luck they will have getting royal families to give up their goodies. The Saudis won't tolerate it.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm asking zee kvestchins!!!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Yup, goons... I hope they're toppled. Sooner hopefully...

But I think there will be lots of bloodshed.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16251 Posts

Profile of tommy
Mar 15 2011

Bahrain State of Emergency Adds to Global Turmoil

While the Japanese nuclear crisis has deservedly gotten the bulk of the attention today, tensions continue to build in the Middle East and North Africa.

The latest turmoil occurred in Bahrain, the small island nation off the coast of Saudi Arabia. King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifah declared a three-month state of emergency effective immediately, which authorizes the military to “to take necessary steps to restore national security.”

Today’s announcement is the latest development in a clash between Shiite Muslim protesters and the security forces of the ruling Sunni family that has lasted for over a month and included numerous acts of violence.

Yesterday Saudi Arabia sent approximately 1,500 troops to Bahrain under the guise of the Gulf Cooperation Council. The occupation by foreign troops infuriated the Shiites, many of whom considered it a declaration of war and later marched today from their symbolic home base of Pearl Square to the Saudi embassy.

In a further escalation of violence, a Saudi soldier was shot and killed today by a protester, according to the Associated Press. Also, Agence France-Presse reported that a Bahraini policeman was murdered, bringing the overall death toll to at least 12.

Short URL: http://www.goldalert.com/?p=11717

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2011-03-15 18:53, tommy wrote:
Yes we Brits put everyone in power as our puppets. Which is why you pay us tax and fight our wars.

the other day you said the uk was a u.s puppet. Make up your mind.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've never been to Bahrain, is there a distinct area for the wealthy, which they are known for, and the poor? It is the last place I would expect protests there but it is seemingly a sect vs sect thing more than the people uprising.

As for Libya it looks like the world had a chance to get rid of Guadaffi but he snookered 'em.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hey, not every revolution can succeed right? Some times it takes a few tries.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I'm glad the Saudis are flexing their muscle in the region.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The mad King of Saudi Arabia sends his goons to Bahrain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL