The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ace of Diamonds (Colin Dymond) New lecture notes (Review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TomFoolery
View Profile
New user
Gloucester
83 Posts

Profile of TomFoolery
Wow I got my hands on Colin's new lecture notes other day, I have already read through them twice.
The first thing that impressed me when I got my hands on these notes was the quality.
I have lost count how many times I have brought lecture notes only to be handed twenty photocopied pages badly stapled together but not Colin's,
I have to remind myself that these are notes and not a book.

I got hold of version one which has a few photographic bloopers however I know Colin is waiting for a quick reprint before his lecture.

Reading the notes you can tell that Colin is a working professional and has been using the routines and games in his current programme.

Section One Colin explains his thought on the business (sound systems, back drops, stress free parties and utility props). Section Two his warm up, three magic routines, vent / magic routine. Section Three games and Section Four links to various resources and organisations.

Two things that stick out for me are the Magic Colouring Book routine and Colin's take on the Game corners.
I have always stayed away from the Magic Colouring Book but I am going to dig it out of my bottom drawer and put some of the Colin's ideas into action.

If I have one complaint about theses notes, is I am jealous Colin is in the next town over from me so for me I can't even copy these routines word for word (I would not anyway!). I have been inspired to put that little extra thought into my own routines, thanks Colin.

The notes come in two formats a very good paper edition for £12.99 and as a PDF for £8 available from Colin you can contact him by email colin@aceofdiamonds.co.uk or through his website http://www.aceofdiamonds.co.uk. I believe paypal is always welcome.

Tom Foolery
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Upon reading the above post, I went ahead to purchase these very practical and readable notes. As they come from a busy working pro, all of the advice and material are useable and 'real world' - no 'fillers' here! The notes begin with a good section on the more technical aspects of Colin's show, including his use of backdrop, sound system, mic, table etc. Nothing very original or novel, but it's always good to read what a working pro uses. The magic and games sections are varied and contain some novel twists and combinations of tricks - as mentioned, his Magic Colouring Book and Water Water routines are worth the modest price of the notes. his games are simple but effective - and all don't involve the dreaded word 'elimination', all in all, a very interesting and practical set of lecture notes which I highly recommend for the grey reasonable price of €8 (for the downloadable PDF file).

One other thing which impressed me was Colin's swift and professional handling of the order via email. Payment is by Paypal but you need to contact him by email to order rather than via his website which doesn't seem to have an order link yet. His email address is colin@aceofdiamonds.co.uk

By the way Colin Diamond's lecture notes are named 'Making Magical Mermories'. I wouldn't hesitate to order and read it today!
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I'm glad you guys are getting something usefull from these notes. Everything in them is from my standard show, so absolutely no fillers.
Feel free to email me with any questions or if you wish to purchase a copy.

Colin Dymond
colin@aceofdiamonds.co.uk
http://www.aceofdiamonds.co.uk
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I'm glad you guys are getting something usefull from these notes. Everything in them is from my standard show, so absolutely no fillers.
Feel free to email me with any questions or if you wish to purchase a copy.

Colin Dymond
colin@aceofdiamonds.co.uk
http://www.aceofdiamonds.co.uk
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Hi,
I recently purchased colin's fine lecture notes and would like to add a big thumbs up :0). These lecture notes are " well I say notes" as they more resemble a quality paper back book, are full of great advice from a working pro.
The table of contents reads.... BUSINESS - loads of great advice on Booking/Setting the Scene/Magic Tables/The 2 Hour Party and more. THE MAGIC - Colin's warm up, simple but a great idea and some of his original routines. THE GAMES - How colin organises his games/Prizes/Musical Games/Novelty Items etc. The Rest - Lots of links to all the best web sites for the children's entertainer.
The delivery of the lecture notes was MAGICALLY fast and the price very reasonable, colin appears to be an all round nice bloke and I wish him all the best with his lecture notes.

John Orr
TomFoolery
View Profile
New user
Gloucester
83 Posts

Profile of TomFoolery
I also saw Colin's new lecture a couple of weeks back, it was very good but I am hoping some one else who was there will review it.
kidshowvent
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of kidshowvent
I have quite an extensive kidshow library and I am proud to add Colin'g new book to my collection. I was pleasantly surprised to receive this book. It's filled with good, practical advice and routines from a pro (you can tell a pro a mile..opps kilometer..away!) They KNOW what they are talking about and if you work shows youself you get the feel this is all audience tested material. I give it 5 stars!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Tabata
View Profile
New user
Argentina
4 Posts

Profile of Tabata
I bought Colin´s notes. I feel I´ve learned lots and lots of invaluable and important piles of knowledge. I feel really grateful, I was still in my trial and error phase in many of the subjects he explains on his book... now, I´m 15 years wiser! thank you for sharing those 15 years experience Colin.
...Please keep me updated when Puppets and Ventriloquism is finished!

Tabby
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ace of Diamonds (Colin Dymond) New lecture notes (Review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL