The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bed O nails newbie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
749 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
So, I made a bed of nails, and never doing this before, I want to make sure it's as good as it can be. Basically, I used pegboard stacked up 3 deep to place the 16 d nails in a 2x2 square. a bit smaller than 2x2 honestly. Then I placed plywood on the back and screwed it in place. The only thing is, the nails wobble a bit. Is that ok, or do they need to be solid? I tried it a few times and it was a little uncomfortable, but I'm not sure id it's just naturally that uncomfortable or is it because of the wobbly nails? Thanks!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2432 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
If you want real comfort, may I suggest the Craftmatic Adjustable Bed of Nails? Sideshow performers over age 65 who buy the thing off infomercials swear by it.
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
749 Posts

Har har... I may have it too small. It's basically only part of my back. It might be better if it were a little longer...

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a......80_n.jpg

it's not too bad I'm just wondering if shifty nails is bad...
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
749 Posts

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2011-03-15 22:10, rossmacrae wrote:
If you want real comfort, may I suggest the Craftmatic Adjustable Bed of Nails? Sideshow performers over age 65 who buy the thing off infomercials swear by it.

I prefer the Sleep Number Bed Of Nails because it's more adjustable. I've heard others use the Temperpedic Foam Bed of Nails, but I think they look like oversized Twinkies.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Might I suggest you use Stainless Steel nails, at least 500 hundred of them. I think I know a guy that can make them for you. However I expect my usual commission.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's easier to just get stainless deck nails. They're pricey, but worth it.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Harley, how is that going to make ME any money?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Poof! You're money!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
You're so money and you don't even know it!
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
If I knew it was that easy I would have asked in one of the Trans-Metamorphosis threads, or Spelliomous Threads. Whatever the appropriate thread, I don't know whats all the rage with these magic kids nowadays! Whats the one with the magic wand and the booth?
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
749 Posts

Honestly, do the nails have to be solid?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Penn & Teller said that the Tempurbedic bed of nails is a scam, and that the manufacturers are *&*%&(^%^(%%, ^&*%^&%*%(*% and @#$%%(&^.
It was on Showtime.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Yes, rubber nails would not work at all.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Hey Martin, I appreciate you hawking my stuff and all, but what makes you think I want to hammer out 200 nails by hand?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
749 Posts

Please guys.... Seriously. The nails move around a bit. Would it help if they didn't move at all? Is there a better way to secure them?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Kameron, perhaps you should read your PMs.

www.bladewalker.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
I used my nail gun to get a nice random effect.
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Nipps, I didn't say how soon he would get them. Money up front of course!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-03-15 21:27, Kameron Messmer wrote:
I tried it a few times and it was a little uncomfortable, but I'm not sure id it's just naturally that uncomfortable or is it because of the wobbly nails? Thanks!

What exactly does "uncomfortable" mean to you? It is a bed of nails, not a massage chair. But, IMO, you do want the nails to be as sturdy as possible. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bed O nails newbie (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.49 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL