The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » New Show 16th March 2011: Animate Me, Retro Gravity, ACAN - Hands Off, Matrixpress (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 21:41, Cameron Francis wrote:
I don't think any plot or trick is automatically "magic for magicians". It all depends on handling and presentation. For whatever reason, magicians have classified certain plots as "magic for magicians" and it has always mystified me. Virtually any plot can be made entertaining for a lay audience.

I used to do standard Matrix routines for lay people all the time and they love it! What's not to like about it? It's direct and extremely magical.

Great show as always, guys!

Thank you Cameron!

Now if I could just get Mr Penn to learn a Matrix all would be good in the world!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 22:00, whiteoakcanyon wrote:
I wanted to start by saying how great it is to have a place to turn for some honest critical opinions about magic effects. I have found your shows to be entertaining and very helpful. I can't say I agree with your assessment of ACAN - Hands Off. I personally thought it was stronger than you gave it credit for being. Thanks for the great shows.

Thanks mate,

Sorry you didn't agree with what we said about Hand's Off. If it's working for you that's great!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 23:39, Cyberqat wrote:
Yeah I tend to agree about acaan, even though I've been developing a self-working one myself (Actually its 3 cards at two numbers, and yes it uses two decks of cards.)

Fact of the matter is that ID is an INCREDIBLY strong routine because it deeply involves the spectator in visualizing the magic before it happens.

Its really hard to beat.

I.D is great. That's why so many magicians perform it - it works and works well

Craig
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
I have to agree with Craig. Matrix's look impossible and isn't magic suppose to look impossible?

-Micky Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
ACAAN: Basically magic for magicians. If an effect's impossibility has to be explained to the audience, then I really don't see why it's worth doing.

Matrix: Great effect that is good, direct, impossible magic in the right situation.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Excellent show as always guys!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Late catching up with the episode. David Penn is wrong. (that's for you Craig!)
I've seen Shawn do his Matrix at a lecture and it is truly a worker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » New Show 16th March 2011: Animate Me, Retro Gravity, ACAN - Hands Off, Matrixpress (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL