The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tennis lesson today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

algebraic
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I took a tennis lesson today and my tennis teacher was quite pleased with my progress. He wanted me to meet a fellow member that he wanted me to play with at the tennis club. He said that we'd be a good fit.

Well, I'm 48 years old, and I felt quite proud of my tennis coach's compliments. Then I meet the guy he wants me to play tennis with at the club. He's 70 years old and in need of a knee replacement. My tennis coach said I should be able to keep up with this fellow member.

Boy, I don't know if I want to tell the guys on the street with whom I play tennis with. They'll be laughing their a@@@@ off all season long.

On top of all this , my 5 year old daughter asked me in church if I was pregnant. My 7 year old son came to my rescue and stated that dad wasn't pregnant,dad is just fat.

I thought the two old ladies in front of me were going to pee their pants from trying not to laugh out loud in church.

I guess it's time to finally do some cardio.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Your post made me laugh Smile Fair play for laughing it off and not taking it all to heart! Cardio and getting fit is addictive though once you start you'll probably begin to enjoy it.

Good stuff and best of luck! Smile

Pete

P.S. Hope you won the tennis match Smile
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Great post, thanks!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'm reminded of a line from "Doctor in the House." where the head doctor is warning the new nurses about the residents.
He rips into each of them, but his last line is to the actual star of the series, Dr. Waring.

HEAD DOCTOR: "Look at that belly, mute witness to many a night of debauchery. If that belly were on a woman, I'd say she was six months pegnant. No doubt it has been and she is!"
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tennis lesson today (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL