The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Help Japanese Relief Efforts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Someone on another thread suggested a Tenyo charity auction to assist the Japanese people. I've visited Japan a number of times and personally know quite a few people who live there. I'm praying for their safety, as well as everyone in Japan. I don't have any Tenyo items to auction. However, I was inspired to try and do what I can.

I am commiting to donate 75% of all Magicbob Productions e-book sales between now and May 1st to relief efforts in Japan. Depending on the response, I might extend the deadline. My goal is to raise $1000-2000 toward helping those affected by this tragedy in Japan. I wish I could afford to give 100 percent but, to be perfectly honest, the economy, medical concerns, and car repairs are hitting hard at home, so it is a sacrifice to donate 75%. I hope no one begrudges my not donating all of the proceeds.

Individual effects are available as e-books for only $5 each. Entire books are under $25.

You can choose from the following e-books:
The "I Hate Card Tricks" Book of Card Tricks, Volume 1
The "I Hate Card Tricks" Book of Card Tricks, Volume 2
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations

I'm also close to completing my newest collection, "Sleightly Wacky" (I'm trying to get it finished as soon as possible so I can include it in the charity program). Volume 3 of "I Hate Card Tricks" is on the horizon but, unfortunately, still too far from completion to help out with the current issues in Japan.

You can order here: www.magicnook.com/magicbob
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
May I suggest something additional?

With the number of S.A.M./I.B.M. groups, as well as other magic clubs that are around, has anyone given any thought to putting on a show?

While living in Coventry England, I was a member of the Coventry Magic Circle. We would put on an annual show for charity. Alongside with the magic, we had some singers, and a local dance school provided some entertainers.

We were able to provide a rather sizable donation to the local charities.

I'm wondering if this idea is tranferable to here in the United States.

What say you?
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Fraser Gould
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
94 Posts

Profile of Fraser Gould
Thanks guys.

I currently live in Tokyo, but lived in Sendai for four years before moving here. I have several friends who have been affected by this disaster and personally appreciate any help the magic community offers. If you are looking for a charity to donate to, check out CharityNavigator.org - it has an extensive list of charities doing work in the Sendai area right now.
Fraser Gould
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Thanks for the info. Just to let everyone know. I've completed my newest book, "Sleightly Wacky" (after taking a somewhat extended sabbatical form writing, I finally got the final effect finished). I'm beginning work on my next project, Volume 3 of the "I Hate Card Tricks" series.

Also, I've put a lot of thought and prayer into deciding how I can best help and I've made the decision to increase the amount I'll be donating. $4 of each individual effect .pdf sold and $20 of each complete e-book sale will go directly to relief efforts in Japan. That basically comes to 80% (give or take a few cents) of proceeds going to charity rather than my original pledge of 75%.

You can order directly from the website: http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob

Or feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail to magicbob116@yahoo.com
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I'm also listing a few of my books (softcover) in the "books for sale" forum. These are overstock from the first run. I have a new shipment coming in with some minor cosmetic updates (cover art, etc.). The content of the books has not changed though. I'm letting these go at a discount to clear room for the new editions.

I have one copy each of the following:

The "I Hate Card Tricks" Book of Card Tricks, Volume 1
The "I Hate Card Tricks" Book of Card Tricks, Volume 2
Kards for Kids

Of course, .pdf e-book versions are always available.
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Help Japanese Relief Efforts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL