The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magic Flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1071 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Here's something that I got around to putting together. A bulb can activate remotely from from over 100 ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyhETjIv_w8

Chuck Caputo
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22771 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Can you not cover the stem as completely a you do?

Why do you put your thumb behind the box?

A little smoother movements of the performer would make this a miracle. Although, you already told us the secret. Now it is disappointing, to bad.
illusiontech
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
210 Posts

Profile of illusiontech
I would build it into a black shirt then you need no extraneous parts, just hold it in front of you.
The "tray" that the glass is put on doesn't look like anything "normal"
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1071 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Covering the stem has nothing to do with the effect. Building it into a shirt would more or less be re-inventing the wheel - i.e. Fism/Cobra Flash. There is nothing 'disappointing' about this effect, I have used it many times with fantastic response. Many offers have come to build these but I am keeping this for myself. As far as I know this is the only such version that is radio control, thanks for your comments...I guess.
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
I like the idea a lot... I would set the glass on a stand, perhaps to demonstrate that it is not touching the ground and that it is not in your hands. Here is an image close to what I am thinking. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:ww......and2.jpg I have build my own "Fism flash" gimmicks before and put the bulb in clear single rose stem keepers if that is what you call them... just to keep the electronics off my skin. All I have to ask is what are you using for a remote? Would it normally go ding dong? If you could PM me that would be great. I am always looking for new electronics that can be hooked up to relays to control anything, the smaller the better for sure.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
I would build the top portion this way. The top part that holds the stem of the glass would be a hollowed out dowl rod perhaps 1/4" in diameter, prob about 2 or 3 inches long. I would slide the "flash" portion inside there using thin wire for that one side that has to go past the bulb. On top of that I would build a half moon U shaped holder out of wood and glue it on top. The other side of the dowl rod I would build a rectangle that is hollow as well probably about 1/2" by 1/4 inch or so... give or take. Let the dowl rod to thru that but the side that comes thru, don't hollow it out, so it looks solid from that side. For the rest, well, you'd have to build a hollow base for the goodies, then stain it to make it look old. Just a general idea of how I would go about it, if I were wanting to build something like this... Like I said, I'm more interested in the remote electronics.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magic Flash (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL