The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Running out of convention money! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
First I bought a great Verna figure from John Pizzi. It's a gorgeous female figure and I'll admit I got it at a steal. Now after reading Wanlu's posts on marionetts I've commissioned Frankie (Maps) to build me one of his wonderful marionettes. If I keep this up I'll have to walk to venthaven 2011. Any one else having trouble keeping their money in their pockets till the convention?

Brad
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Brad;

I thought John Pizzi was only interested in performing illusions that focused on slicing, disassembling, dismembering and chopping up audience members?
CaptKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of CaptKirk
Yes. Even though I can't attend the convention this year anyway, the government and the oil companies are doing all they can to deplete me and my wife's coffers!!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
CaptKirk;
You’re a Ventriloquist, get a business licenses and you can deduct all your figures, props, gas and all related expenses for vent work, Including the whole conVENTion trip from your income tax
CaptKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of CaptKirk
Buzz: great idea but work won't allow me to get away this year:o( I DO plan on going next year, Lord willing. I own a mini-farm in Northern Indiana about 110 miles south of Chicago and 98 miles from Indianapolis. I hope to be there and then just drive over to the convention and stay in the local area throughout and then go back to my farm for a few weeks:o) We bought the farm 3 years ago and have never stayed there one day! I was there the day I bought it for about an hour with my Mom and realtor and that is the last time I was there too! Looking forward to staying there for a month or two and attending the convention next year!!!
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
My funds were depleted before I could even think about it since we're going to be making a big move to another state about a month before.
So hoping for next year myself.
I thought we were actually moving closer, turns out the convention is an hour farther away from where we will be living from where we are now. On the plus side, I have a friend, another vent, who lives exactly half way from there. So if we go the same year, I can meet up with him at his house and we can drive the rest of the way together, and even if he wasn't going, I could still stop and get to visit on the way there and on the way back.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Running out of convention money! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL