The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Appreciate the friendships here and there (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Over the last couple of days I've had private message conversations with members here as well as a couple of separate vent blogs. Makes me feel part of a community. Wish I'd had this kind of thing decades and decades ago when I first started and was, to my knowledge, the only working vent and one of only about half a dozen working magicians. This kind of community is so valuable to performers.
Over the last two or three days Bob Conrad and I have exchanged quips at Kenny Croes' place, too. It's made me laugh.
Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks so much.

-Philip
CaptKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of CaptKirk
Totally AGREE with you!! I think this one Fantastic Forum and the members are all extremely supportive and helpful!!
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Yep. And when I say the only working vent, etc., I meant in my real world community.. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only working vent in the world! Smile

-Philip
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Maybe you were, depends on how old you are...... Smile
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3280 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
We are all old,

Philip is a good friend and I enjoy PM'ing to him
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3280 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
AND;

I am the only Ventriloquist I know of in San Francisco, it is the only reason I am...

"Voted best Ventriloquist in San Francisco"

No one else to vote for
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
I know Winchell and Bergen and Senor Wences and Jimmy Nelson and, a bit later, Shari Lewis, were all around at the time...so I know I wasn't the only vent in the world. Smile

And John Toddhunter, who, under the name Todd Hunter, won the Ted Mack amateur hour was from my hometown...so that was another vent, though he was pretty quickly out of town and gone after winning.

And Lucille Elmore, a very famous vent in vaudeville history, lived here, but we only crossed paths once or twice. Wish now I'd spent more time with her.

-Philip
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
I agree that this is a fantastic place to be.Everybody is very helpful and encouraging.So a toast to all the vents here!
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Ditto everything, it's a good place to be.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Ok, Ditto!
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Appreciate the friendships here and there (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL