The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cups & Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Never realized that these little cups were so neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNxyL26OnMQ

:devilish:
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
What species of cups are these?
15tahures
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
Have you seen this version? It´s funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQynRvBEfGg
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 02:38, S2000magician wrote:
What species of cups are these?

Not sure. They have just been in my collection for about 10 years or so. Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have some wooden ones -- but not sure what they are called besides Miracle Cups (no instructions)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have a look at the item in More Magic. Smile

(and yes I know it's not written in the easiest way to grasp at a glance - but it's worth it especially if you have the two gaffs )
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
These are cute indeed but more can be a chieved with these:

Len Belcher had a very original complete routine spread over several early issues of Abracadra

Brewer, Doug: The Modern Coin Cup ©2003 by Doug Brewer p 3 Introduction: about the coin cup; p 5 Shrinking Fluid (Steve Dusheck, Dennis Loomis, Doug Brewer): a coin shrinks and then the entire cup vanishes; p 9 A Lesson in Economics: a three phase routine with a purse frame, coin cup, and a coin transformation; p 18 The Magic Cauldron: a "magic cauldron" is introduced with three small wads of paper and a candle. The papers change in a flash to coins, the coins vanish into the candle flame, and then all three are reproduced; p 25 The Magic Hand: an in-the-hands routine with three coins and the cup; p 32 The Point Vanish (Bob Bolivar): an instant vanish of a coin in the cup with a variation; p 35 Silk Extraction: coins in a cup are magically extracted one at a time; p 40 Surreal Copper/Silver: three phase Chinese Coin/Half transposition with an in-the-hands ending; p 47 The Appetizer Trick (Bob Bolivar/Doug Brewer): a variation on Doug's "The After Dinner Trick" from "The Unexpected Visitor"; p 56 Cup-sembly (Jay Noblezada/Doug Brewer): coins vanish and reappear under the cup; p 59 Transporter (Bob Bolivar): coins vanish from cup and appear under a playing card; p 63 Contact Information: now outdated, but mentioned sources for coin cups and Micro Chop Cup (James Riser/Dennis Loomis - no longer available)
& The Unexpected Visitor - Coin Magic for the Walk Around Performer © 2001 MagicSmithp 66 What's a Miracle Coin Cup? Al Cohen's prop described; p 67 The After Dinner Trick: full routine using the Miracle Coin Cup; p 79 Chopped Taters: Chop cup routine using a shot glass sized chop cup, 3/4" balls, a wand, and two tiny potato loads.

Diamond, Ronald C.: The Complete Guide to the Miracle Cups & Coins © by Ronjo, no date. A fairly thorough guide for the coin cups.

Gibson, Eddie: Martini Cups and Coins [marketed items] © 1976 circa by Eddie Gibson. A 3-cup aluminum set with a routine reminiscent of Len Belcher’s. Nowadays this can also be achieved with Johnson's Magna Boxes leaving the lids aside.

Dusheck, Steve: Dusheck's Coin Magic ©1963 by Steve Dusheck. Shrinking Fluid routine. A quarter is dropped into a shot cup full of "shrinking fluid" (water but could be any alcohol), and when the spectator looks into the cup, it is seen that the quarter has shrunk into a miniature quarter. This coin is removed with tweezers and handed to the spectator. The water is poured out (or the alcohol drunk), the cup is dried, and then handed to the spectator to be examined.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Nice.

What are your cups made of?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 13:20, motown wrote:
Nice.

What are your cups made of?

Thanx, and the cups are brass. Smile
cdmdu
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of cdmdu
Thank you for the references, Lawrence, I was searching about such bibliography for a long time.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I have these in red plastic, quarter size. They are from Chu's Magic Company and they're old!
A little "noisy" but fun.

"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Bob Masterson
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Bob Masterson
My Cups and Coins are aluminum and use American half-dollars. I don't know who made them.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Get Doug's book,worth the $$$. The coin cup I use is by Ronjo, but Johnny Wong makes a more expensive model, not sure if it is worth 2x the Ronjo version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cups & Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL