The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tony Chang + The Blue Crown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
As everyone knows, Tony Chang is an incredible magicians. His latest release is pretty awesome. Hope everyone has a chance to check it out, and if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Thanks a lot Smile

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/tricks......ang.html

Thanks
Alex^
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Who is this Tony Chang? ;O)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10726 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Who is Tony Chang ?? He's the one that thinks he knows everything about magic..A self procclaimed authority
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of The One
He's also crazy good.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10726 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I never said he wasn't good ....that he is
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
307 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Wow, I just saw the preview. I love the idea of having the sandwich cards appear around a selection instead of the usual selection appearing between the sandwich.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
I had been playing with that idea for a while.. in fact I had an effect similar in my lectures last go round
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4631 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 19:10, vinsmagic wrote:
Who is Tony Chang ?? He's the one that thinks he knows everything about magic..A self procclaimed authority
vinny

He's one of only a few honest, genuine and truly likable magicians that I've ever met. He's a gifted card man, a great person, and is the first to admit when he doesn't know something.

What makes him unlike most magicians though is that if he DOESN'T know something, and he cares about it, he finds the source, learns it, then does it about as well as anyone on the planet.

High praise? Maybe. But I'm a Tony Chang fan for a reason.

Ben "also loves Vinny" Train
p.s.
This download is an hour long and chocked full of the Chang goodness. And consider yourself lucky- you didn't have to cuddle with him to learn it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tApckHEj6......embedded

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 2:08am
-----------------------------------
The download is really great- two very interesting routines, a lot of clever thinking, and enough moves to keep anyone who wants to work happy.

Best,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
We also filmed an interview with Tony about his thoughts on sleight of hand, magic, structure...very interesting, and even more so after seeing the sandwiches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_4yoBEKQM

Alex^
Arkadiy K
View Profile
New user
November Woods
73 Posts

Profile of Arkadiy K
Alex, thanks for the link to the interview. I saw the promo video by way of the Blue Crown newsletter and that seems like a great deal for $10. I'll pick that up later this spring. I'm sure even a duffer like me who can barely remember how to do a triple cut might learn something.

I like the idea of having the pair of queens close in around a few cards before they finally locate the selected card. Obviously that suggests an "entourage" or "the usual suspects" if one were to drop a few words of patter into a moment of the poetry. But maybe for the sake of avoiding clutter to increase clarity it's better to leave some air for the viewer(s) to think of that themselves. Hmm, I think either way it might stimulate a kind of interior misdirection so you might have to remind them to watch the cards instead of thinking of Cagney and Lacey.

Anyway, wishing Blue Crown and Vanishing Inc. the best of luck with this release.

Kevin
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2448 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I bought the download, it looks awesome and the teaching is in extreme detail. At least for the first trick the angles are obviously not perfect. I love working on this stuff but consider if XCM in the respect that I could never get it to a level where I would hit the mark 100% of the time (not even close if I were being honest with myself). For this reason I am unlikely to perform it for a lay audience and am practicing to please myself.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Yes! Another thing you can do for the revelations is to have the spectator put their hands above the spread when making the queens appear ...it's not as visual but it's easier to start while getting the moves down

Alex
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cheers alex... nice idea
MagicofAdam
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicofAdam
Very nice effect. Love the insane visuals. Great work Tony!!
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
If only I had this when my fingers were young enough to take it!
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Great thread on card magic.
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of The One
All I can say is, Wow Tony, the card work looks great. It may very well be the future of Card Magic.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2136 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I'll say that this looks just as good live as it does on video. Tony really works on smoothness, and I think the face-up revelations in the spread are really stunning.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
I'll agree with kevin on this...Tony and I went to the castle this past week, followed by Magic-Con in San Diego. Let's just say these routines were the talk of the weekend...well maybe I am exaggerating haha, but still...people really enjoyed them!

Whatever Tony might have said to offend anyone I'm SURE was not with malice intention, and I'll just leave it at that since I'm not really sure what went down in the past.

Thanks
Alex^
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
It looks really good! Can this be done impromptu or do I need to do a bit of arts and crafts?
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tony Chang + The Blue Crown (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL