The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reliquary... Bone of the Elders (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Congrats Walt,

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments Smile

David
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
First Impressions New Bone of the Elders

Okay!
Picked up the “Bone of the Elders” today (I may be the first lucky mage to get one)
So I’ve only had it a few hours, these are just preliminary observations… more later.

Now I am positive: this Scratch dude and Fox guy are nuts. I mean really totally nuts.
Let’s put this in perspective. They are selling these handcrafted sets (I’ll get to the parts later) for LESS than a lousy cheaply mass-made “Mak Magic French Arm Chopper”!!!!

See what I mean? I’ll bet they take forever to make so I doubt they’ll want to keep on keeping on doing this for long, that means they’ll be rare as hen’s teeth (hen’s bones?) and people will kill for them in a decade or two (think Andruzzi stuff?)

I would have more than happily plunked down $400 for this… now I’ve worked with it a little bit, maybe $600 if I had it. Going for what? $165? See what I mean, nuts… that’s like two “Hippity Hop Rabbit” sets.

Enough jabs at the guys though. The bone looks pretty much like a bone, that’s a real bone. And an old one, the aging is quite nicely done. And a truly weird bone, it’s got really cool arcane (maybe evil?) signs and sigils carved over it. And it works, it tips and topples pretty much on schedule (with a more flexible schedule than a Post Office worker it seems.)

Extras: it comes in a box an old box, with old pealed torn stuff all over it, seems special, seems old, rough hewn. And a chunk of (human?) skull (might be where Scratch and Fox leaked their brains out.) And papers, old crumbly icky wonderful document papers to weave varied stories with.

Finally, a sort of peculiar origami-ish instruction book-ish, that unfolds as one sheet but folds as a booklet, go figure, don’t ask, they’re nuts why else do this?

So that’s the scoop from my first few hours exploring this…. thing. Even at that price I’m now on only rice and beans for several weeks, gee I must have really wanted this to spend even the little money I don’t have to spare right now…. guess I’m totally nuts too.

Broke but happy….
Brother Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thank you Brother Walt.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
The bone looks nice, and price is not to bad.
The issue I see is the spectators seeing you place the bone on edge to make fall ! I know patter, and come up with own reasons!
Like with TK pen, set on edge of table and talk some mind power to move to fall off !
I wonder if setting on marks will become easier with each practice ! If you try to concentrate on what mark you need to set bone on ,will this play on specs mind to think of it more as just a another trick? Again, I know it is in presentation... but curious to how specs will view the effect...or just view it as, just another pretty bone ?
Maybe Walt can tell us, how it plays, as apparently he and a couple others will have the bone before the rest of us get to get !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
My Telekinetic Timber always seemed affected by the weather...often fickle...I love the effect anyway and am prepared for most any outcome.
She usually tips. Smile
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
One more Bone for sale at Misdirections Magic Shop, but it's walk-in only, and Joe Pon's shop is closed until Friday!
Thank you, Baron, for the review, but the truth is: $165.00 is cheap for your soul!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Dennis, even the $400 to $600 it should cost is cheap for my soul. My soul is currently going for about $600.01 but subject to inflation. I don't see any performance problems that are not inherent in any other such effect (pen/block.) This (so far) does not seem fickle, but temp may effect as with the timber. Sure looks more convincing than timber.

Bro. Walt

PS When is the #)$%* website going to be up? Shadow Digest members want to know!
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I think when Mr. Scratch finishes 10 bones-- Each bone takes about 6 hours to mold and 2-3 days to dry.
mblanckaert
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mblanckaert
Can you get on a pre-order list?
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
I went. I saw. I was moved. It is confirmed. As a doctor, I was called to Asia minor many years ago to examine the remains thought to be those of Genghis Khan. As many know, it is said that Genghis Khan's body was hidden so as never to be disturbed in the afterlife.
Well, like I said, I witnessed the skeletal remains of what was thought to be Khan's. As a doctor, I found it difficult to pinpoint them as his. You see, one of his leg bones, as well as miscellaneous others, were missing. Knowing of his history of battle and various wounds suffered, such as slashes to the thigh and arrows mainly the right leg, which was the missing one, made it difficult without that evidence. But now, now I have witnessed it myself. Joe has the missing femur of Khan. The various nicks and indications of battle are there.
Having read extensively and evidenced the oral tradition of Mongolian keepers of history, as a doctor, I found through DNA scrapings that Khan suffered from the earliest case of Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), and now I know that, as impossible as it sounds, RLS is a curse even after death. This is a real treasure for any laboratory of curiosity. I was so moved by it that I had to rush out of Misdirections for fresh air and session of religiosity to stop my shakes having witnessed a miracle. As much as I want it for my collection, I will have to pass sadly.
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Thank you for your review, Doctor Solar!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Where is the site to purchase from? (I'm sure its somewhere here...but going through all the posts = argh)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
On 2011-04-05 16:20, Dr Spektor wrote:
Where is the site to purchase from? (I'm sure its somewhere here...but going through all the posts = argh)

I believe all who have purchased have gone to a brick and mortar magic shop where a couple were available. A website is coming though.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Website not up yet--Waiting to have at least 10-bones to sell before we go online. Already have Paypal account established but we're holding off from taking your money until we have some product pre-made to send.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Get-r-Done... The first post was on March 6 . Then it was just called Reliquary!
Money has been burning hole in pocket !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
The truth is we are new to the sales/promotion game and there is a really only one person making the Bone and selling it--I'm just helping out and I think we're doing okay with no experience. Chances are that we'll be up and running by the end of this month if not earlier.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Hope my money will last that long, Dennis !
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
You could sell a kidney to buy one!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Only have one left ... or right , can't remember ! I will have the money buddy !
mblanckaert
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mblanckaert
Dennfox - Is there a way to ensure someone can purchase 1 of the 10 you will have available for sale later this month? I.E. pre-order, put down a deposit, get on a list, etc.?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reliquary... Bone of the Elders (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL