The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reliquary... Bone of the Elders (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Still trying to get the Unnamed one to come up with the final price. He is saying somewhere between $130-$190.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Curator...that looks suspiciously like a.... never mind. Well yeah, if you look at... nah, forget it.
Dennis...way back when he'd thought about $100 so I hope he's at the low end for the first small batch.
Bro Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Everything I've seen with this project has been impressive and well-thought-out. Even the instuctions are unusual in that it is both a booklet and a large sheet with drawings for the bone marks.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I quoted a lower price before I found out it takes 5 1/2 hours to make a bone and then 2 days to dry. But then again we will try and give people a reasonable price and a quality product.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 10:29, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:

Dennis...way back when he'd thought about $100 so I hope he's at the low end for the first small batch.
Bro Walt

I too,hope it is at lower end on first batch !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
$200 for a unique item like that is not too much - In fact its good - I was happy to pay $400 for my Phork - so that I did't have to see some teenage punk on youtube do it poorly or worse expose it.

Good magic should be expensive to keep out the hands of the curious.
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 08:31, dennfox wrote:
Still trying to get the Unnamed one to come up with the final price. He is saying somewhere between $130-$190.

Ouch!
belotte
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of belotte
I agree with Sean-Paul. This may be "pricey" to some... but lets be honest. We've all bought something that was a lot $$$ for what it was and it turned out to be crap. My magic drawer is full of them and I'm betting yours is too.

The original Timber was $65 to $70 or more when it first came out. It was just a small block of wood. Now it dose a cool thing, but it's not always reliable. Also it's not as large or has the weight... and it's just a plain block.

This is a conversation piece. I bet if you just put it on your mantel and never even did magic with it... it would still bring awe to your guests. As I understand it has some nice heft to it, it quite large, has the carvings, apparently it's hand made... and it sounds like it's been well thought out. And the video JUST LOOKS COOL!

My last 2 closing arguments are thus:

You need to have surgery. Would you rather go to a doctor that charges you $200, or the one that charges $15?

And last but not least:

Client: "Hey we are having a big soirée" and we thought it would be really cool to have a theatrical seance, and you were highly recommended! How much do you charge?"
You: "Well, I do this great show, it's about 45 min long. All kinds of spooky things happen and it's about $XXX"
Client: "Ouche!"

If art is truly worth while, than it's truly worth while.

I believe that's all that needs to be said.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 13:48, Sean-Paul wrote:
$200 for a unique item like that is not too much - In fact its good - I was happy to pay $400 for my Phork - so that I did't have to see some teenage punk on youtube do it poorly or worse expose it.

Good magic should be expensive to keep out the hands of the curious.

Good point...for the magi !
Making for production, the producer is wanting to make some moola !
It would be great if we all could come up with our own,prop for use ! But, we don't.
If no one sold anything,what would most of us be doing ?
And, if you want an exclusive...buy the rights !
Question for the Stranger is...does he want to sell a few or make more and sell more ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
But devil's advocate--
There are tough time, I see magicians having to pull back on $
and really pick and choose.
At a lesser price the number of sales will make up in volume.
My buddy just started a magic company has has learned the hard way
about how serious the impact on the economy downturn is at this moment.
My tow marketing cents.
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Volume is an argument, of course, but only if the numbers become very high. It is not really an issue with handmade pieces such as this. High-end pieces take time to do properly, sometimes days may be required to complete a single piece. It is a bit unfair and a little insulting to treat an artist as if he were a factory conveyor belt.

If there are fifty of us willing to pay $200 for this item and a hundred if the price drops to $100, the artist has gained nothing financially and yet doubled his effort, time commitment, material and postage costs. Frankly, as one of the 'fifty' who genuinely appreciates this piece, I'd be happy to pay more for the pleasure and professional leverage of having a relatively rare item.
Phasmologist
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Ordered?
Insiders already ordering?
Hmmmmm.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
No only special requests and changes on the original prop and only if its possible!
belotte
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of belotte
I believe PROF BC is right on the money. Some times a small individual isn't concerned with quantity. Take into consideration just the time that would be involved. And then think about potential exposure to materials that might not be the healthiest, and if there is any physical exertion (not sure what that would be on something like this, but you never know).

Look at it this way Nike may lower there price in order to sell 60,000 shoes instead of 45,000 (although they'd still be expensive). For them the pay off is worth while. But look at it from the little old lady in china who puts that shoe together. Do you think she's willing to lower her salary so she can make more shoes?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Above post, not meant as a insult to the artist... I am going to get one myself!

"The future is not as bright as it use to be !" (Meatloaf)

I just like for everyone to be able to get what they want, where there is some that can not afford as many goodies as others !

Harley Davidson has got a huge chunk of my change over the years ! lol
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Where's Fox? I have bone to pick with him. (has that one been used yet?) Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Sorry Roth but you got one-upped by a wood dummy named, Eddie!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 15:01, Eddie Garland wrote:
Ordered?
Insiders already ordering?
Hmmmmm.

Oh, great, now I've got the wood sprite after me (unless he's just venting). Thanks, Denn.
Phasmologist
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 17:53, dennfox wrote:
Sorry Roth but you got one-upped by a wood dummy named, Eddie!

Careful I think he's a Jinn... Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Hey Roth

I think you made a wrong turn onto this Thread. You should have taken the right fork on that crossroad down the road about a mile back to be on the Jinn site.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reliquary... Bone of the Elders (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL