The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reliquary... Bone of the Elders (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Just checking but, I'm looking to purchase the Bone of the Elders - any sellers interested? If not then I'll contact Mr. Scratch - Any owners have a review of this item?

Thanks!
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2012, dennfox wrote:
I hear sounds coming from Hell which indicate that Mr Scratch might be back at his work table making something new and devious?

What ever happened to Mr. Scratch and the new product he was working on? That was two years ago and his website has not changed since then.
Bob
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, Lo Pan wrote:
Just checking but, I'm looking to purchase the Bone of the Elders - any sellers interested? If not then I'll contact Mr. Scratch - Any owners have a review of this item?

Thanks!

First time I ever quoted myself! PM me if you have one that you would part with - Im still on the hunt - Thanks!
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
This post needs some resurrecting. Are there any "Bone of the Elders" out there collecting dust that someone would like to sell?

Please PM me.

thanks!
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I wonder if anyone knows how many were ever made?
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Still waiting but then again I have been known to trust many sellers too much...
Not nive to ne a woman in this position and to be taken for granted.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2019, Lo Pan wrote:
I wonder if anyone knows how many were ever made?

For quite some time this became a "white whale" of mine ever since I saw one in 2012. Had feelers out for years looking for one, and finally got someone to part with theirs--funnily enough, had another finally hit shortly after I got mine, so was able to pass along the second to someone who coveted mine deeply. It was all I could do to not bogart both of them for myself, but during the process of trying to PM/track down who actually got one from this thread, etc... it became clear the number that actually made it out was quite low (~14-17) before Mr. Scratch dissolved into the night (although his site and PayPal purchase link remained up for a long time after that, which was a source of quite a few dashed hopes and PayPal refunds from blind order attempts by both myself and many others.) Mr. Dennfox would be the one to give a more accurate number, but I suspect I'm quite close.

The two I encountered are the only two I've seen come available on the second-hand market since late 2012, so I wish you--or anyone else looking to get one--all the best in your search!

For what it's worth: I consider my years of digging around trying to get one justified by the end result. It's a thing of beauty, works wonderfully, and looks incredibly, incredibly real. I feel it incumbent on me to also note that the other two I've seen are not quite as good as mine, aesthetically, so your mileage may vary. The staining treatment on the other two were different than mine, and looked a bit too campy over-the-top for my taste. The first was good enough to still make me covet one, but I was pleasantly surprised when I received mine and it was "toned down".

Also: you'll find no real presentations or the like with it, so it's up to the end user to determine how to use the artifact. I came up with something that fits my schtick (low-key, subtle, and fairly believable) and it still gets used a couple times a year in this manner. But it has also proven useful as an "atmospheric" prop as well (not using any of the hidden secrets at all--just the thing being what it is and a lot of storytelling.) All-told, one of the more treasured pieces in my collection. You really can't go wrong with one.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I have the 3rd one sold. #1 was Mr. Scratch's, #2 Dennis, mine is #3. It is an amazing and beautiful prop fashioned with love. You're right Pasteboard they are rarely seen as they are coveted by we who own one. I also believe you're right that there were only between 12 and 18 in existence. It does come with full instructions (though they are written as a bit of a puzzle!) but not a full presentation. Mine has been dormant for far too long, and I fear it's time to pass it along to a good home... where it will be used and performed on stage! So happy this "blast from the past" topic has resurfaced.
Skeleton
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
318 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Whoa, I didn't know that it were only THAT few that were made - I guess considering that I am even more lucky that one of them has made it to Germany!
To infinity, and beyond!
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I had what was probably the last one made by mr. Scratch. It was "interesting." Did everything it was supposed to do. Unfortunately, I could never figure out what to do with it for what I do, so I sold it a few years ago on here.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I own one still. It lives in a curio cabinet. I never performed with it.
It made those I showed it in private far too squeamish.
As with with all the greatest gaffs it has an odd reality to it... so tread lightly when pulling one's leg...Hah! Smile
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2019, Eddie Garland wrote:

As with with all the greatest gaffs it has an odd reality to it... so tread lightly when pulling one's leg...Hah! Smile

Buwahaha!!! Thanks Eddie you made my night. So true though, the bone is dark, mysterious and very convincing.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, Eddie Garland wrote:
I own one still. It lives in a curio cabinet. I never performed with it.
It made those I showed it in private far too squeamish.

Well, when it’s ready to leave the cabinet and make some folks on the West Coast squeamish... let me know, Eddie Smile
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
I just wanted to say that I am the proud owner of Spellbinder Entertainment’s bone, and I can’t wait to put it to use. This prop is absolutely beautiful.
belotte
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of belotte
Hello.

Thank you all for the super nice comments on the bone. I very much appreciate it! It was a tremendous amount of work. In the end, that's why I stopped making them. But with all the comments...it made all the work worthwhile.

Thank you all again!
Richard Belotte
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
The Bone of the Elder belongs in Bizarre Magic hall of fame.
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Reliquary... Bone of the Elders (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL