The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » License to use Bunny in show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Thanks Chris,

My rabbit passed her physical and I am now waiting for a phone call from the FEDERAL GOVERMENT to schedule my inspection; in a few weeks I will have the obtained the same permit for my little 3 pound rabbit that Ringling Brothers Circus is required to obtain
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Its crazy... I know, not like you are hauling around elephants and giraffes or tigers. But none the less, you and your Rabbit will be happy healthy, and my goodness, you can sure let folks know you are so proud of the care you give to your rabbit that you are now licensed with her. Your clients will appreciate it. shows that you are a true caregiver. Good job, keep us posted.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I passed the inspection with flying colors; now I wait for the permit to come in the mail and I’m legal to use my rabbit in my routine; it is quite easy to obtain the permit and will save a hefty fine if caught
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Congratulations Buzz!

My oldest bunny now wants a license to drive a car.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Just got my renewal notice.... It is nice to get the reminder from them as well.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Chris, how far in advance did they send your renewal?
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Wiz, My date of renewal is July 20th got the notice May 20th, looks like a 2 month pre notice. It is a easy thing to forget once you have went thru the initial inspection, then you get busy with life.... So it is a Luxury for me to get this notice
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tropicalillusions

How much do they charge for a renewal?

Quote:
On 2011-05-23 07:01, wizardpa wrote:
Congratulations Buzz!

My oldest bunny now wants a license to drive a car.

wizardpa

Thank you
and as you know, I received my USDA permit

:gift: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Howie diddot. It is the same as the original fee. $40 bucks and that covers up to 5 animals on the same license, So if you have the 2 rabbits then 40 bucks, all the way up to 5 rabbits, or 3 rabbits and 2 leopards, etc.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tropicalillusions

Thanks for the information, I know the original permit price, I had not asked the renewal fee. I need to start saving up

Buzz
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

No problem, always glad to help.
dazmagic
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of dazmagic
I have been licensed by the USDA for about five years, and unlike most of you posting, I think this is ridiculous. I was "busted" at a library show, because the inspector saw a picture of me holding a rabbit in the newspaper. During my meet and greet session after the library show, the inspector interrupted a nice conversation with children and their parents by sticking a badge in my face. No, she couldn't wait until the kids had left. At my home. during the inspection, she wouldn't pass me, because my travel cage didn't have two sickers on it that said "live animals." She also said the sticker had to have an arrow pointing up, so we would know which way the cage should be carried (most people would use the handle).

I am sorry, but I do not enjoy the government being allowed to enter my home whenever they feel like knocking on the door. I also don't like having to fax my whereabouts to the government if I am gone more than two days. I also don't like having my busy schedule interrupted by an inspector, who takes 5 mins for the actual inspection, then needs 45 more to sit in my kitchen, hook up a laptop and printer, type slowly, talk my ear off, etc., all the while throwing my entire day off schedule.

I am glad to read so many of you love having these USDA agents coming to your homes. I am not one of them. And with our country going broke, I can't believe hassling magicians is still a priority.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Man Daz, sounds like you folks don't get along to well. Sorry you have such issues with the agents. Me and my inspector do coffee, lunch, and I learn a lot about care and handling for our pet. As far as visits and getting unwanted knocks on doors.... well. we usually get a call and set up the appointment, Our inspector understands it is just 1 rabbit for a magic show, and he himself thinks it is a bit crazy, but we work well together. Man Only in America, huh..... We always call with an updated schedule, and only once have we actually got an inspection while travelling on the road. At major fairs we always get an inspection due to the fact the Fairs have so many exhibits that should be licensed, so to be fair they check us all no matter how big or small. Once again, sorry to hear you and the agent don't get along. biut I am glad to hear of others getting along well. Wish you the best in your magic with animals.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7419 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Since I know Daz and Chris, I can say that neither are hard to get along with nor would ever hurt or harm an animal. It just shows what can happen when government gets the wrong people involved.

I would prefer to keep government out of my affairs also. Once they get involved, it is almost impossible to get rid of them. I wonder if they go around and hassle all the 4-H and FFA kids like they do magicians?

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Richard. it is odd that they do not have to license the rabbit for an FFA exhibit, I asked about that. the fact that these rabbits would be raised for meat, would make you think health and welfare would really be monitered????? P.S. should have some time to shoot vid this weekend for you . chat soon.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7419 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Governmnet....don't try to figure it out. Just avoid it, endure it if you must.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Well said, you just avoided a tax audit with that one....LOL.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Dazmagic,

I am thinking by your post that you are being paid back by the Government because they caught you in the act of performing without a licensee.

By what your posting here, it sounds like when the inspector visits, you don’t welcome him, or her with open arms; my first inspection lasted 15 minutes, he looked at my cages and then showed me where the rules were in the book, then said see you at renewal time.

It was a very pleasant visit
Blake Alexander
View Profile
New user
Chicago
65 Posts

Profile of Blake Alexander
Wow ive been using a bunny for the past 8 years didn't know you had to have that. I never got targeted but nows a good time to get one
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
For me Blake, It was an easy process. It only took 4 weeks to get my license. What you do not want to do is call the USDA and not follow up on your license.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » License to use Bunny in show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL