The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Neuro-science (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2662 Posts

Profile of John Long
A PBS station had a show on how our brains work. They started with clips of Appolo Robinson, and Penn & Teller.

It was interesting:
- They tracked the spectators eyes to show that they tend to watch that which is moving (in one case, a simple French drop, with an arched move of the hand that takes the coin) would catch the viewer' attention.

- In a related bit, they found that if they blocked the view of Teller's head, the cups & balls was not as effective at fooling people.

Maybe neuro-science is catching up to the magic literature.

John

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 9:31pm
Hmmm, I think that should have been neural-science
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
457 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
It sounds like the show is somewhat based on the book "Sleights of mind - what the neuroscience of magic reveals about our everyday deceptions" by Stephen L Macknik and Susana Martinez-Conde.

:wavey:
Håkan
Bugatti
View Profile
New user
Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Bugatti
Håkan, that sounds really interesting. Have you read this book? Can you recommend it?

Thx,

Till
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
457 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I´v read it and I recommend it. I think I got from Amazon.

:wavey:
Håkan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Neuro-science (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL