The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic implants -- pros and cons (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Did you guys ever check out the Silent Assistant? It does what you want without surgery:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f4twPl64tc
CR_Shelton
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of CR_Shelton
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2021, inigmntoya wrote:
Do you have a medic alert bracelet or something else to let people know before they put you in an MRI machine if you're unable to communicate?
That could go badly otherwise.

Yes I do carry a card welcoming any medical professionals to remove it if they feel they must, but other people with the implants have had MRIs without complication. It's easier to find literature and guidelines about MRIs for people with cochlear implants, but the ideas are the same and there is precedence for all kinds of magnetic implants. It just requires some extra attention and planning. This can't be done with a simple piece of metal like an earring, which wants to stick to the sides or be ejected from the loop like a solenoid device, but when the object has its own magnetic field it simply tries to move into a compatible position with the other field, as magnets do. If you can keep your hand in that position, it will basically be invisible to the magnetic forces generated by the machine.

If I was awake and alert, I'd try to work with my doc to make it happen without removal, but he'd get the final word. I wouldn't want anyone to put me in one without knowing, mostly for the safety of their own machine and technicians, so that's why I carry the card. My primary doctor, for what it's worth, knows of my implant and just treats it as a curiousity.
An actor is a magician performing the illusion of reality.
www.ActingMagician.com
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
People used to ask David Roth if he had slits in his hands...they thought they had seen a coin there then it was gone, and vice versa. He realized this was a compliment the way Slydini did when people asked if there were slits in his table. Years later someone said that to me..."Do you have slits in your hands" after doing a coin routine and I realized I had achieved some kind of milestone. So, it is like the "How do you get to Carnegy Hall?" question, and the answer was "Practice". Here it is if you want them to think you've got slits in your hand, practice.

Seriously they insert chips into animals. In old sci-fi books people had sockets in their heads to plug computers in. Look at the Matrix and all that. Just don't forget magnets will wipe your bank cards, and MRI's as well. I stopped doing tricks with magnets because of that. Bob McAllister once gave me a very strong magnet covered in felt to deaden the sound, which you put in a back pocket, and a steel-shim half dollar.
jamieguitar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of jamieguitar
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, CR_Shelton wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2021, inigmntoya wrote:
Do you have a medic alert bracelet or something else to let people know before they put you in an MRI machine if you're unable to communicate?
That could go badly otherwise.

Yes I do carry a card welcoming any medical professionals to remove it if they feel they must, but other people with the implants have had MRIs without complication. It's easier to find literature and guidelines about MRIs for people with cochlear implants, but the ideas are the same and there is precedence for all kinds of magnetic implants. It just requires some extra attention and planning. This can't be done with a simple piece of metal like an earring, which wants to stick to the sides or be ejected from the loop like a solenoid device, but when the object has its own magnetic field it simply tries to move into a compatible position with the other field, as magnets do. If you can keep your hand in that position, it will basically be invisible to the magnetic forces generated by the machine.

If I was awake and alert, I'd try to work with my doc to make it happen without removal, but he'd get the final word. I wouldn't want anyone to put me in one without knowing, mostly for the safety of their own machine and technicians, so that's why I carry the card. My primary doctor, for what it's worth, knows of my implant and just treats it as a curiousity.

This is not necessarily a response to this specific post, but to CR_Shelton and his sharing of knowledge about magnetic implants in general. I've got a lot of respect for your dedication to magic! When I read the beginning of this thread, I was sure it was a joke. However, after continuing reading, it seems quite clear that not only is this real, but you have done a lot of research into this topic.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Still think it’s an idiotic idea.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
This would be like breast implants after having them done you would just want them bigger and bigger. Pretty soon they would be so big you would have back issues and then you would have to have them removed altogether making you would feel less attractive. Then you'll turn to medication to help with the depression and then next thing you know your on talk shows wondering who the father of your children are. and then, and then, and then, and theeeennnnnnnn!
jamieguitar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of jamieguitar
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2021, NicholasD25 wrote:
Still think it’s an idiotic idea.

Yeah. I'm not saying that it's something that I would ever do, but it does demonstrate a certain level of dedication.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I love magnetic implants, when they are implanted in a TT, finger tip, or under a band aid. hehe.
jamieguitar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of jamieguitar
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2021, countrymaven wrote:
I love magnetic implants, when they are implanted in a TT, finger tip, or under a band aid. hehe.

Yeah, that's more my speed too!
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
There is only one solution: Psionic Magnetic Implants

https://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

Quantities are limited! Act now!!!

Well, what are you waiting for?
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
jamieguitar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of jamieguitar
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2021, fingerjack wrote:
There is only one solution: Psionic Magnetic Implants

https://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

Quantities are limited! Act now!!!

Well, what are you waiting for?

Nice production and funny too. Thanks for sharing that.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2021, gaddy wrote:
This has got to be a trolling question.

Just... Wow.

It's not. One of our Scout Troop leaders got one and he could do some absolutely incredible sleights you wouldn't even think possible.

Unfortunately, we think he might have been holding his compass in the super hand the last hike he took the cubs on.

They've only been missing a few months... we're still hopeful they show up sometime soon.

In fact, I'll probably report them missing if I don't hear from them by Christmas.

But seriously, this absolutely is a thing for real. There's a company called Dangerous Things that makes a batch every year and they sell out immediately. I only know of two magicians who have them. The guys that go wild for them are the modification cyber punk types with RFID and NFS chips implanted all over their hands and arms to open doors, access electronics, etc. They put the magnets in their finger tips because they can supposedly sense magnetic fields through their nerves after they've been in for a few months 😂
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Instead of all these wild tales, a practical way to almost have magnetic implants, is to have a very strong magnet in the end of an innocent looking plastic pen.
You can use it to tap things, magnetic coins, etc., and instantly pivot the pen into the palm position. YOu can hold your hand very open, and apparently completely empty.
I use it for a stack of quarters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic implants -- pros and cons (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL