We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Triple combo pocket pewter cups from Buma (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
This is just listed in Stevensmagic. Beautiful cups with loading options plus engraved wand at an amazing price of $200!

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=112637

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I saw the prototypes of these at the WMS.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
845 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
How is the weight of pewter? Is it as heavy as copper?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's similar. They don't make these cups in copper, so there isn't anything to compare with the pewter ones.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
845 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 01:57, Bill Palmer wrote:
It's similar. They don't make these cups in copper, so there isn't anything to compare with the pewter ones.

Thanks Mr Palmer.
I was actually inquiring the weight of the metals pewter vs copper, rather than specific to these particular cups.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I found this very informative site that might help you with questions of this nature. Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/4hz5fb6
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The problem is that the search provided here doesn't answer the actual question. Pewter is generally 90 to 98% tin. Tin comes in two basic forms, white tin, which has a density of about 7.3 and grey tin which has a lower density (about 5.6). There is also a component of copper and one of antimony. Pewter generally has a slightly lower density than copper, which is roughly 7.9. The numbers represent grams per cubic centimeter.

However, much of the copper that we deal with in cups is actually red bronze. Red bronze is a bit lighter than pure copper, but is much stiffer. If the cups fro House of Magic are cast, they may be thicker than a set of spun copper cups. Then the weight differences would not be very apparent.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Referring to the set shown on the Steven's Magic website, I hope the wand is a whole lot lighter than the one that came with Buma's original mini pewter cups. Weighs a ton!
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Any thoughts on the differences in handling, durability, sound effects, etc., between the silver version of these cups and the pewter?

Woland
BarajasMagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of BarajasMagic
I saw these cups at Magic Live at the dealers table. They are nice and heavy for there size compared to the pewter mini paul fox cups from RNT2. I own the RNT2 cups they are lighter and the metal is soft so you have to be carefull with them or else the dent pretty easily (Trust me, I know from experience.) The Buma Cups seemed much sturdier.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Triple combo pocket pewter cups from Buma (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL