The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » The Famous Vanishing Bird Cage (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
919 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
WALTER ZANEY BLANEY Bird Cage made by Daniel Summers is the only cage I know of that can be held in 1 hand and made to disappear. Actually so can the Jim Riser but those are no longer in production.
Daniel will only be making 100 in total and it is the finest Cage made to date. It is unbelievably light, it collapses in a flash and stays rigid when needed!
I LOVE IT!

www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
857 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Rudy, that cage is a thing of beauty!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22983 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Rudy, that is an excellent vanish. I actually got to see Blaney perform his one handed vanishing cage at a convention once. He repeated it several times, and each time you seen nothing, where the cage had gone. It just became more magical every time it vanished.
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan, USA
263 Posts

Profile of TomB
WZB did use the Owen's Fred Rickard cages. But WZB was not happy with the cages built by Owen's after Fred Rickard stopped machining them.

The Riser cages are very nice but nearly impossible to buy. The owners do not want to sell them.

The new WZB DS cages will be limited to just 25 cages at $2500. I am so happy DS is giving this gift to the magic community.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2588 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, TomB wrote:
WZB did use the Owen's Fred Rickard cages. But WZB was not happy with the cages built by Owen's after Fred Rickard stopped machining them.

The Riser cages are very nice but nearly impossible to buy. The owners do not want to sell them.

The new WZB DS cages will be limited to just 25 cages at $2500. I am so happy DS is giving this gift to the magic community.

Great to hear they are available but even if they are worth it to potential buyers at $2500 they're hardly a gift!
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
919 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
$2500 is for the package….I think individual cages maybe available in the near future for less $$$.
www.cesaral.com
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1233 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2021, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
$2500 is for the package….I think individual cages maybe available in the near future for less $$$.

What's included in the package?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22983 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:

What you get is the cage and slack take-up reel. Individually they are $1,250 each, if you don't buy them together.

Then you have to also purchase the Tommy Wonder Book and the DVD to get the instructions on how to operate the devices, and set them up properly.

The U.S. Government IRS sent everyone that much money tax free. So you are getting the outfit for free and you will be doing as the president wanted, boosting the economy.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
919 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:

Bill is mixing things up.

This is what you get.

www.cesaral.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
919 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
The Collector’s Edition Includes:
* The Blaney Cage. Beautifully engineered, semi-ridged, fashioned after the Will Lindhorst ridged cage with Walter’s own improvements after 70 years of performing experience.
* Handcrafted velvet lined, birch presentation box.
* Numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
* Travel Case
* Custom Latex Canary made to Walter’s specifications by Nielsen Magic. * Walter Blaney’s personal instuctions.
* Walter Blaney’s “Secret Gimmick. ” Never before released, his method of settting up the cage in full veiw of the audience, never having to leave the stage.
www.cesaral.com
FrankFindley
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Regarding Blaney cage: if you never heard Walter tell the story behind it, it is really worthwhile to listen to Scott Wells' interview with him at TAOM. It is only 20 minutes but packed with history and details. You can find it here starting at 29 minutes and 40 seconds:

https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......aom-2015
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan, USA
263 Posts

Profile of TomB
Perfect WZB Cage and WZB repeatable gimmick! This is a dream come true.

Whenever a magician spends a lifetime perfecting a prop, it's a gift. I am ecstatic that it is being shared.

It is not for everyone, but for those of us that love the birdcage, this is the greatest news.
It may be a long time before a machinist with the knowledge and quality of a Fred R, Jim R, or Daniel S build good cages.
You can take your chances with a cheaper cage and it breaking and stabbing you. There always is the slow motion vanish for those with inferior cages. Or you can make it disappear under some cover.

You can spend hours trying to break it in and it never working.
I see Owen cages selling for a grand and they do not work right! They sit on a shelf.
If you are lucky enough to find a "good" cage, that's just the beginning. When a "good" cage is on the auction market, people with deep pockets are competing with you. Paying double or triple the original cost is a deal. Fivefold seems to be the norm, if you are lucky to find one. I only imagine this number going up.

I have learned with magic props, if you really want something buy it, because it wont be offered tomorrow.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22983 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2021, Sealegs wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, TomB wrote:

Great to hear they are available but even if they are worth it to potential buyers at $2500 they're hardly a gift!

SeaLegs, Jim Riser told me he only makes props for working Professionals. Being you are a professional, all you have to do is contact him, with your resume.

Jim has been working on the Vanishing Cage for some time now. A magician ordered round top cage that vanishes, and the performer's coat is removed after the vanish, then audience members can feel the magicians arms and other parts of the performers body. I think it was a rebirth of Frankson's cage.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7472 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bill,
I believe the performer you were speaking of with the round cage was the late David Alexander. David was a protege of Frakson and did the Frakson cage vanish which allows you to take off the coat after the vanish. He showed it to me once and to quote David "Everything has to be done exactly in sequence and by the numbers otherwise it would be a portable castration device". It was pretty impressive to magicians but it would be lost on most laymen.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22983 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just visited the James P. Riser website and read that he is beginning to make the Baby Linde Vanishing Bird Cage once again. So check it out and contact Jim to see if you qualify as a customer. He never explained what he means by Professional Magician.

Here is his website: http://jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
919 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Just visited the James P. Riser website and read that he is beginning to make the Baby Linde Vanishing Bird Cage once again. So check it out and contact Jim to see if you qualify as a customer. He never explained what he means by Professional Magician.

Here is his website: http://jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html

Not true…his wife is very ill and won’t be making them however I know that they will be made thru an arrangement with Jim Riser by another source soon.
www.cesaral.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22983 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Rudy, why do you think it is important to insult me on the Café?

If you would have taking a minute and read the heading at the top of the page, you would have seen that Jim himself wrote the announcement. The post is true.

Next time, think of the words you use.

I am sure all of us, appreciate your update.

I really really don't think many want a cage made by someone else when they desire the workmanship of James P. Riser.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
919 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
I’m not insulting you. What I’m telling you is a fact. Jim’s wife is ill and he is not making the cages now. Fact is somebody else will be making them for him and the announcement will be coming soon.
www.cesaral.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » The Famous Vanishing Bird Cage (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL