The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Docc's New Q&A (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I'm confused.

How is this misleading, in any way?
Quote:
It sells for $40, but for a brief time you can get it FREE as a bonus when you get The Scarlet Dragon and The Golden Dragon.

Read, people, read!

Tony
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 13:40, Docc Hilford wrote:
"Just like nothing happens"...
Really?
Wow.

I say that Docc because I really take your work as something very valuable and I don't want to enter in unnecessary discussions.
I paid you yesterday, the link didn't show up. I send you the mail and think... " I pay for books, no for eBooks".

Now your kindly send me the refund of my money and now everything is like yesterday.
If you want to said that I did this at purpose to get your eBooks free, sorry but you are wrong. I respect this art and I respect you as an author, but I just cant support as I say incorrect blurb.

A Book is a Book. Your newsletter say : " New Books"

Simple as that.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 13:46, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I'm confused.

How is this misleading, in any way?
Quote:
It sells for $40, but for a brief time you can get it FREE as a bonus when you get The Scarlet Dragon and The Golden Dragon.

Read, people, read!

Tony

Tony, my point isn't that. The point is that I pay $40 for 3 BOOKS, no eBOOKS.

If the advertisements say : "New Books" , I understand that Docc sells physical books ,not eBooks.

http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/scarletdragon/

The Scarlet Dragon is the second of a two-part set of Docc’s “Best Of” collection. Its 63 pages contain six original effects, some never before in print. And you get a FULL BOOK.

http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/goldendragon/

The Golden Dragon is the first of a two-part set of Docc’s “Best Of” collection. Its 84 pages contain five original effects, some never before in print. And you get TWO FULL BOOKS.
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
But Pablo, Docc has previously stated, and I believe posted here, that his books are all "e-books", you may have missed that. He has converted his products over to this format to reduce cost and expenses associated with printing and shipping.

This was done when his previous DVD set came out, he was shipping off the remainder of his hard copy books along with the DVDs.

Tony
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 13:56, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
But Pablo, Docc has previously stated, and I believe posted here, that his books are all "e-books", you may have missed that. He has converted his products over to this format to reduce cost and expenses associated with printing and shipping.

Tony

Yeah Tony, I miss that. I read the info that is available in this thread and in his page.
Just as you I received his newsletter and read "Books".
Books for me and everyone else mean paper with covers, not a digital file. Im not taking down eBooks, as a matter of fact I work with that, but my point is that if I buy a bottle of coke and receive a can , I had the right to reject the product.
Even when both products are the same , I bought the Bottle, not the can.

There´s no place in here where he directly state that this work in in digital format. I check twice .
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
And lets be fair, you can expect someone to know what has previously been stated. The statement should have also been made on the order page or at least stated clearly that these are e-books. Amira was not aware he was buying e-books. I was not aware either. I thought all of Docc's work was printed. I now know that's not the case thanks to this thread.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I am not looking to ruffle feathers... but the copy at the top of the thread doesn’t say anything about books... or eBooks. I honestly assumed that they were eBooks at that cost. The web site states book… but I still assumed ‘eBook’ I guess it’s a sign of the times hey!

It is an extremely minor miscommunication... and I am still going to place my order.

I also feel it would be a shame for anyone to miss out on what promises to be some great material because of a minor discrepancy.

Once again, I have no affiliation with Doc… and have no reason to agree or disagree.

One thing I will say though is that the market place, and we as consumers, are constantly bombarded with ‘New’ this and ‘Packs small, plays big’ on here. Now something really worthwhile has become available from an author that has a proven track record of releasing quality product… yet it gets slammed for the most minor of things.

It’s a real shame.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 14:17, Paul Shirley wrote:
I am not looking to ruffle feathers... but the copy at the top of the thread doesn’t say anything about books... or eBooks. I honestly assumed that they were eBooks at that cost. The web site states book… but I still assumed ‘eBook’ I guess it’s a sign of the times hey!

It is an extremely minor miscommunication... and I am still going to place my order.

I also feel it would be a shame for anyone to miss out on what promises to be some great material because of a minor discrepancy.

Once again, I have no affiliation with Doc… and have no reason to agree or disagree.

One thing I will say though is that the market place, and we as consumers, are constantly bombarded with ‘New’ this and ‘Packs small, plays big’ on here. Now something really worthwhile has become available from an author that has a proven track record of releasing quality product… yet it gets slammed for the most minor of things.

It’s a real shame.

You are completely right Paul. Docc´s ideas ARE really good . I had one of his DVD´s and recently I bought his DVD "The Vault".

Imagine this : I will receive my copy of "The Vault" and I receive a VHS... ???

I read that the description said DVD.
that's my whole point.

But this ONE LETTER "e" is important.
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I understand my friend... but your analogy doesn’t quite fit the situation.

If you ordered a DVD ... but got a VHS... you would have right to complain.. as not many people own VHS players anymore.

But, eyes are eyes.. and information in information. And information is what is being sold here. Knowledge.

Sure, I like the feel of a book... but much prefer the speed of delivery and saving in cost that a PDF brings... and the content is exactly the same... AND I can back it up on a separate drive incase. You can’t retrieve a lost book! Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Paul, I like both eBooks and Books. Each one as you know have their pros and contras but that isn't the point.

I read only the word "book" in the newsletter and in his page.
I don't need to assume anything ( low price, old announcment from Docc, etc.) because I have the direct information that I need.

He is selling Books. I paid. I will receive books.
That's the logic that I was expecting and others buyers as well.

I received full refund from Docc and I thank him to trust in my word.
NOW in this thread is said explicitly that this product is in DIGITAL format eBook, no Book.

Lets came back to the important theme.
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I think if it says book it should be a book and vice versa.

That being said, I'm happy they are e-books becasue that means I get to read them tomorrow when I buy them! Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Holey frijoles

Docc is a gentleman.

I do not think there was intentional misadvertising - but what has been shown is that it was ambigious and thus open to interpretation - and that buyers can always ask questions before... as in the 21st century, a book and an ebook are getting blurred anyway.

Glad to see things get resolved... and Docc clearly refunded and there is a true gentelman for ya.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
AAAnndd...to get back to the main issue...what's everyone thinking about this Combo Pack?

One nice thing about eBooks is that the reviews get to come in fast.

What are you thinking about the ROXAR Q&A? I know how it SEEMS to me, but I have no current experience in Q&A. You folks that actually stomp the boards doing this type thing, what do you think?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
I don't understand the problem as you can print the ebook. It's the information and how I'm going to use it that I'm concerned with. Now, if one is a book collector or an armchair troll, I might understand the point. If one is a hardcore pro wanting the info to enrich one's performances then it doesn't matter whether it is a book or ebook. The information is the key!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm printing and binding them all out at the weekend, even made myself a cover for it...

I had a quick read through the first dragon ebook - the tempest made me smile very warmly, of course docc's handling of equivoque is worth what I paid for the whole set...(twenty five uk pounds if you are wondering)...

I think the equivoque book alone used to sell for thirty or so if I remember correctly...

anyway - first quick read through - more than happy...thumbs up from me...as for the Q&A, I prefer testing those things out with everything out in front of me to get a good feel for how it plays out method wise...i may well use Bill Montana's Morevelope instead of what docc suggests...see how it goes though...
I've asked to be banned
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Well, I thought is was going to be real books as well. So I missed the download links too...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I get a LOT of mileage out of Docc's "E'voque"

I can't even begin to count how many hundreds of times I've performed it.

In a word, it's awesome!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Very interesting approach. Quite similar to a couple of other routines, but somewhat of an improvement.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Hows the q n a guys??
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 07:34, brehan wrote:
Hows the q n a guys??

I'm fine thanks you and you?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Docc's New Q&A (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL