The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Now Available for instant download purchase from the new Anatomymagic.com, Minotaur the final issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Very pleased to finally offer this amazing over 4hr set loaded with many great effects from the last issue of the underground publication the Minotaur.
http://www.anatomymagic.com/product-details.php?productid=3
P3
practice practice perform.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Looks fantastic! Will there be any descriptions of the effects?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Tricks/Effects
Disc 1
Fairest of Them All – Marv and Harlan "impossible" card location. Dan Harlan & Marv Leventhal
The World's Greatest Toothpick Trick- great bit for stand up. Marv Leventhal
Sprites- A great routine with a familiar gimmick. Harlan
Hebe, Hera, Hecate – A "twisting" the Queens with a mythological script. Harlan
Adjoctive- Super fair bit of mentalism with business cards. Phil Goldstein
Aqui- Another routine using a familiar prop. Harlan
Glass Backwards- A very clever gimmick and a very fair selection of a card make this one a fooler for magicians and laypeople alike. Tom Craven
Mexacali Aces- a great opener for any aces routine. Marv Leventhal
On your mark- Harlan
Allied Alliance- Something for the coin lovers, this has a great presentation built right in. David Neighbors
Lock Master- A very impossible combination effect using no force and a real combination lock. Mike Draganic
Vegas, Baby! -- A stand-up mentalism routine using fuzzy dice and prizes from Las Vegas. Harlan
Counting on You – Spectator attempts to keep track of how many cards the magician has, with a surprise ending. Harlan
Big Easy Linking Rings -- Using Mardi Gras Necklaces. Harlan
Royal Plushy – A Poker Stack presentation with a stuffed animal. Harlan
Cupside Down – A cup placed in a brown bag, inverted repeatedly without spilling. Harlan
Psychometry with Brown Bags. Harlan
The Popcorn Trick – Unpopped kernels magically popped. Harlan
Beer Money -- A borrowed dollar visibly changed into a label from beer bottle, money shaken out of bottle at end. Harlan
All You Need is L.O.V.E. – Packet trick in which cards turn over, change back color, have letters appear printed on them, and everything is examinable. Harlan
Sign-Wave -- Trying to find signed card, the deck becomes mixed up, changes colors, then re-sets itself. Harlan
Folded Card Under Pen Clip -- A Sharpie is tapped on deck and selected card instantly appears folded in its clip. Harlan
Prism Pen- a very entertaining and visual way to introduce a marker to your routine. Harlan
Bright and Early- Its amazing how many ingredients fit into a carton of orange juice. Jen Weston and Dan Harlan

Disc 2 Effects from previous issues of the Minotaur
Steve Cohen -- Coins from Napkin (Volume 1, Number 1)

David Williamson -- Brain Probe (Volume 2, Number 1)

Gazzo Macee -- A Gentleman's Game (Volume 3, Number 3)

Anthony Lindan -- Speck-ulation (Volume 4, Number 2)

David Neighbors -- Bent Outta Shape (Volume 5, Number 1)

Gene Anderson & Dan Harlan -- Penned In (Volume 6, Number 1)

Angelo Carbone -- Striking Art (Volume 7, Number 1)

Double-Secret Bonus: Dan Harlan's "Collectors" Routine
P3
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
OK I realize that the list in the post above has a lot of info that may or may not make sense. The important thing to realize is that the trick descriptions only tell a small part of the story and even the demo just shows the stuff from disc 1. This collection is huge and full of workable material and not a difficult item on it. Highlights for me are the card magic and the mentalism.
P3
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
I just tried to purchase the download, however there is no checkout tab on the cart page, to complete the purchase.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
There is no way to check out to buy on this site...

please solve your problem before offering stuff...
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Sorry guys there was an issue with the instant download link and the product is unavailable until Monday.

Also here is the actual and updated ad copy.

The MINOTAUR: Final Issue 2-Disc DVD Set

The Greatest Magic Instructional Movie Ever Made! Destined to Become a Cult Classic! Dan Harlan and Marv Leventhal (co-publishers of the legendary magic magazine, The MINOTAUR) Bring their Creation to Life ON DVD in this Wild Tale of Intrigue Involving Robots, Costumes, Beer, Color-Changing Plumes and 25 Incredible Effects!

That’s Right! 25 Incredible Effects with Cards, Coins, Orange Juice, Popcorn, Toothpicks, Mardi-Gras Beads, Beer, Brown Bags, Business Cards, Big Dice and, of course, Color-Changing Plumes! Packed Full of Great New Magic Routines… all woven into a crazy story to keep you laughing while you’re learning. 3 Hours of Non-stop Fun!

Plus, another hour of Bonus Features including: Effects from previous issues of The MINOTAUR magazine by Steve Cohen, David Williamson, Gazzo Macee, Anthony Lindan, David Neighbors, Gene Anderson and Angelo Carbone. And, as if that wasn’t enough, Harlan performs and teaches his killer version of the classic “Collectors” routine. It’s a reputation-making “worker” that you’ll want to use!

You'll Want To Watch This One Again and Again and Again! Get yours today!

Here’s a list of the Effects featured on The MINOTAUR: Final Issue

Fairest of Them All – Marv Leventhal & Dan Harlan – The spectator is merely thinking of a card, yet you can easily find it! Does that ring a bell?

Hebe, Hera, Hecate – Dan Harlan – Four acrobatic Queens at a Goddess Temple just outside of Las Vegas. Sound like fun to you?

Sprites – Dan Harlan – Discover how Harlan survived in the wild on a diet of small woodland creatures… and you can too! Sure to D’Lite!

Adjoctive – Phil Goldstein – A bunch of business cards, random words, random years, math and dealing piles… to find the phrase that pays. Sounds like awesome mentalism to me!

Aqui (A Key) – Dan Harlan – The spectator’s key vanishes into another dimension and has a little trouble returning until you coax it out with fire. This one is spoo-key!

Cupside Down – Dan Harlan – A cup filled with liquid, placed into a brown paper bag inverted through a full 360 degrees without spilling a drop! Go on, examine everything!

Holding the Bag – Dan Harlan – Harlan’s brown bag “Psychometry” builds to an impossible revelation of the final object’s identity. It’s in the bag!

Glass Backwards – Tom Craven – A couple of randomly selected cards match predictions on display from the start. Ooooo, you get to make something cool!

Big Easy Linking – Dan Harlan – A linking Mardi-Gras necklace routine perfect for the slightly less inebriated reveler. “Show us your TRICKS!”

Royal Plushy – Dan Harlan – A stuffed animal always wins 5-card stud no matter how many players are in the game! His secret is a pretty cool cooler!

Folderol & Dagger Move – Dan Harlan – Tap three times with a Sharpie if you want me… to make your card appear folded under the clip. Who brings a pen to a knife fight?

Counting On You – Dan Harlan – The fun adds up as the spectator tries to keep track of how many cards you have without puking! Warning: May Induce Laughter.

Mexicali Aces – Marv Leventhal – Everything seems kosher as the aces appear, but one of them conceals a little extra spice! Who ordered the Spicy Kosher Mexican Turnover?!

On Your Mark – Dan Harlan – Three wrongs DO make a RIGHT in this simple card revelation… and deck switch. Follow me down the garden path.

Sign Wave – Dan Harlan – The deck goes crazy as cards turn face-up, face-down and change color, until you set everything right… except the signed selection. Finally, a trick where everything is gimmicked!

Prism Pen – Dan Harlan – Amuse your spectator before they sign their card with a quick color-changing pen routine. You might call it a “magical” marker!

Lock Master – Mike Draganic – If you forget the combination to your lock you can always have four people pick random numbers and it will magically open! Now, they know too much.

Money Laundering – Dan Harlan – A spectator’s dollar comes out a little bit too clean from your mini washing machine, so you offer to print them a new one! If only someone has the right paper…

Beer Money – Dan Harlan – You’ve got money and I’ve got beer, so when a dollar turns into a beer label, we’ll find the money in the bottle! Plus deposit in Maine and Hawaii.

Bright & Early – Jen Weston & Dan Harlan – You’ll find some very strange ingredients in that “orange drink” of yours. What’s in there? Read the label!

Vegas Baby – Dan Harlan – Breathing fresh air into great mentalism plot, Harlan adds color, comedy and cash to create a real winner! Roll the dice and take a shot!

The Popcorn Trick – Dan Harlan – When you need a quick snack, be prepared with this magical method of making instant “popped” corn! There’s a kernel of truth in it.

Allied Alliance – David Neighbors – Experience the mystery of international finance as coins travel invisibly from here to there, and back again! Boy, if I had a nickel for every penny I’ve ever had…

All You Need Is Love – Dan Harlan – The perfect four-card-twisting-color-changing-backs-and-appearing-marks-with-hidden-message trick to perform when it’s time to shut down the evil robot version of yourself. ‘Nuf said.

World’s Best Toothpick – Marv Leventhal – A grossly funny bit of emcee business to fill the time before the finale. Picky people pick perfect picks.

BONUS EFFECTS:

Harlan’s Collectors – Dan Harlan – The classic “Collectors” plot (Roy Walton) with professional additions, touches and handling by Harlan.

Dan Harlan also performs and teaches one effect from each of the previous volumes of the original magazine. Featured effects from previous contributors to The MINOTAUR: Coins From Napkin (v1n1) – Steve Cohen, Brain Probe (v2n1) – David Williamson, A Gentleman’s Game (v3n3) – Gazzo Macee, Speck-ulation (v4n2) – Anthony Lindan, Bent Outta Shape (v5n1) – David Neighbors, Penned In (v6n1) – Gene Anderson & Dan Harlan, and Striking Art (v7n1) – Angelo Carbone.
P3
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got this before the download issue.

Overall I enjoyed Minotaur. Dan Harlan is an insanely creative guy! Most of the effects on the video are on the close up magic end of the spectrum and are very good. There are several mentalism effects as well. The highlights for me are Holding The Bag and Lock Master.

I also very much enjoyed watching how Dan applies his innovative thinking to a wide range of effects, some for stage and parlor. The Popcorn trick is very clever.

The production style and the plot (yes there's a plot) is quite unique and entertaining in a weird sort of way. I love that most of the effects are filmed in front of real people in a casual setting. Also the explanations are kept simple and to the point.

Now off to the hardware store to buy me a lock!

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Everybody, the site should be up today. This is our first round of products but there are many more on the way.
P3
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Haven't even watched the whole thing but the material is EXCELLENT! Practical and interesting stuff. There's one trick that uses a Haunted Hank in a really novel way. I might have to bust out my old one and start doing this effect! And the method for Cup Side Down made me laugh hysterically after the trick itself fooled the pants off me!

I'll post more once I've watched the whole thing.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Thanks to those that have purchased the Minotaur, if anyone has any questions or comments email me at shaun@anatomymagic.com
P3
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I watched both disks, and there is tons of great stuff...Dan is very creative! It starts out in an unconventional way, but is entertaining!

All of the effects are easy to do and quite strong and deceptive.

There is quite a bit of "arts & crafts" to keep you busy too!

The "Collectors" effect is great.

There is definitely something for everyone on this DVD set, you won't be disappointed!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I have only watched disc one so far,but MAN is there a lot of clever stuff in there.
Variaty is massive to say the least and I was fooled many times from the simple yet well thought out effects.
Cupside down was very puzzling to me and when I saw the method,i fell in love with it instantly.
Dan has some incredibly clever and simple routines on here and I enjoyed most everything on disc one.
Nice selection to choose from,from all three catagories(closeup/street/parlor).
the quality and quantity together really impressed me..
Folderol & Dagger is another effect/method that I really liked,as well as Adjoctive and those are just the ones that pop in my head as I type this.
Looking forward to having another two hours that I can use to watch disc two.
This is only my opinion,but it is an honest one!
For what it's worth,
Steve
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
The Minotaur: The Final Issue ( Video Instant Download )
Volume 8 -Issue 4 The Final Chapter

A collection of over 30 routines from contributors to the classic Minotaur magazine.

I got the video download.

First I remember that I read some issues of Minotaur many years ago.I remember for sure Dan Harlan but I do not remember co publisher Marv Leventhal.I think the first issue was dated November 1988 and the last was Volume 8, issue 3, dated September 1996.So the video is the real last issue 4 on volume 8 .

I always wondered why the title Minotaur ??? Wikipedia says :

"In Greek mythology, the Minotaur (Greek: Μῑνώταυρος, Latin: Minotaurus, Etruscan Θevrumineś), as the Greeks imagined him, was a creature with the head of a bull on the body of a man[1] or, as described by Ovid, "part man and part bull…Nowhere has the essence of the myth been expressed more succinctly than in the Heroides attributed to Ovid, where Pasiphaë's daughter complains of the curse of her unrequited love: "the bull's form disguised the god…"

Maybe this is the answer .God is behind the magic in a beast form !

Anyway.

I watched the video and I must say that it is pretty much refreshing since it looks like a home made movie starring Dan Harlan and a robot.Mr Leventhal is there too.Funny.

And then they are stuck in a room inside a warehouse and the magic begins between the two.So you alternate with magic presentation to real poeple and the straight forward explanations mostly by Mr Harlan.

Mr Harlan does magic in bars,restaurants,on the street…anywhere in real situation.So this is real stuff for the real world.

And Mr Harlan is good at that.Funny , good story teller and so versatile .He is able to do any kind of magic.Remember his rubberband magic series and and other dvds ( DAN HARLAN'S ULTIMATE IMPROMPTU MAGIC 3-VOLUME DVD SET-DAN HARLAN'S MINDBOGGLERS 4-VOLUME DVD SET-Harlan: Live! by Dan Harlan - DVD-Magician Dan Harlan Premium Blend 6 Dvd Set…)

So eclectic !

I will not go into details on the description of tricks. It is already done in this thread.

Let me say that he does some great stuff with a D'Lite , haunted hankerchief , paper bags , cards , coins , paper money , stuffed animal , padlock…
Really good and easy to do magic.

You get a video dowload with almost 3h50 minutes !

If you do not find something for you , consider quiting Magic !

Enjoy.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Thanks Jean Luc, I am glad you mentioned Harlans performance. I think this is the first time that people get to see Harlan perform in the real world.
P3
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have to admit, while I was familiar with Dan Harlan's work before this set, I hadn't seen a load of his material. Therefore this might be old news but what strikes me about him is that he has an amazing knack for taking standard dealer items (D'Lites, Haunted Hank, Brainwave Deck) and using them in completely different and interesting ways. His use of the Brainwave Deck floored me. He's an extremely creative individual.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I was fooled too and did not think he was using a Brainwave deck either. There are some great dealer effects which have new uses for old items but the large majority of effects are things that are new creations not using props bought in a magic shop. The Lock routine is my favorite its the cleanest effect of that kind I have ever seen.
P3
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
REVIEW: THE MINOTAUR.

OK so I just got this, and I hadnt had the time to watch it all, and finally last night I took the time to watch it all in its entirety.

I got the video download, and I was shocked as it was 3hrs and 50 min long.....talk about getting value for your money.

Anyways, it starts out kind of slow, then it builds, and Dan takes you through the effects:

Fairest of Them All – Marv and Harlan "impossible" card location. Dan Harlan & Marv Leventhal

Thoughts: This is a very fair impossible card location, I will be using this, and I really enjoyed it.
Very easy to execute, and the method is as old as the hills, but very effective!
The World's Greatest Toothpick Trick- great bit for stand up. Marv Leventhal

Thoughts: Not my cup of tea, but to some it will be more appealing.
Sprites- A great routine with a familiar gimmick. Harlan

Thoughts: Finally a routine to go with a gimmick that most of you have or had at some point in magic!
Dans presentation is fresh, and inspires you to create your own presentation.
I don't work with this gimmick too much, but when I do I know what I will be using.

Hebe, Hera, Hecate – A "twisting" the Queens with a mythological script. Harlan

Thoughts: A great premise, with a mythological hook, that has a kicker!
Good effect, but again, not my cup of tea.

Adjoctive- Super fair bit of mentalism with business cards. Phil Goldstein

Thoughts: I believe this routine is GOLD!....I love the premise and effect, and I like the way Dan structures everything very fairly on this one.
I will be using this.

Aqui- Another routine using a familiar prop. Harlan

Thoughts: Good routine using a familiar prop many own.

Glass Backwards- A very clever gimmick and a very fair selection of a card make this one a fooler for magicians and laypeople alike. Tom Craven

Thoughts: I also liked this, and the gimmick is easy to make, and I liked the way everything was very fair.

Mexacali Aces- a great opener for any aces routine. Marv Leventhal
On your mark- Harlan
Allied Alliance- Something for the coin lovers, this has a great presentation built right in. David Neighbors
Lock Master- A very impossible combination effect using no force and a real combination lock. Mike Draganic

Thoughts: This is also another GOLD piece! Using an ungimmicked lock. I need to go to the hardware store ASAP!

Vegas, Baby! -- A stand-up mentalism routine using fuzzy dice and prizes from Las Vegas. Harlan

Counting on You – Spectator attempts to keep track of how many cards the magician has, with a surprise ending. Harlan

Thoughts: I wasnt intending on liking this, but as the effect went on, I found ways I can adapt it to myself, and I liked it!

Big Easy Linking Rings -- Using Mardi Gras Necklaces. Harlan

Thoughts: Great linking rings routine using beads.......looks very good!

Royal Plushy – A Poker Stack presentation with a stuffed animal. Harlan

Thoughts: This is a cute effect, and one that you can always have one you, as long as you carry the stuffed animal with you.

Cupside Down – A cup placed in a brown bag, inverted repeatedly without spilling. Harlan

Thoughts: This reminded me of an effect by Eugene Burger, but totally different premise and effect altogether!

Psychometry with Brown Bags. Harlan

Thoughts: Another GOLD routine, that plays for closeup or stage!

The Popcorn Trick – Unpopped kernels magically popped. Harlan

Thoughts: Not my cup of tea.
Beer Money -- A borrowed dollar visibly changed into a label from beer bottle, money shaken out of bottle at end. Harlan

All You Need is L.O.V.E. – Packet trick in which cards turn over, change back color, have letters appear printed on them, and everything is examinable. Harlan

Sign-Wave -- Trying to find signed card, the deck becomes mixed up, changes colors, then re-sets itself. Harlan

Thoughts: Good effect, and totally fooling!

Folded Card Under Pen Clip -- A Sharpie is tapped on deck and selected card instantly appears folded in its clip. Harlan

Thoughts: I like the visual aspect of this as I wasnt expecting it.

Prism Pen- a very entertaining and visual way to introduce a marker to your routine. Harlan

Bright and Early- Its amazing how many ingredients fit into a carton of orange juice. Jen Weston and Dan Harlan

Disc 2 Effects from previous issues of the Minotaur
Steve Cohen -- Coins from Napkin (Volume 1, Number 1)

David Williamson -- Brain Probe (Volume 2, Number 1)

Gazzo Macee -- A Gentleman's Game (Volume 3, Number 3)

Anthony Lindan -- Speck-ulation (Volume 4, Number 2)

David Neighbors -- Bent Outta Shape (Volume 5, Number 1)

Gene Anderson & Dan Harlan -- Penned In (Volume 6, Number 1)

Angelo Carbone -- Striking Art (Volume 7, Number 1)

Double-Secret Bonus: Dan Harlan's "Collectors" Routine

All in all I found about 3-4 effects I can use in my repertoire.

Rating: 8/10, as some of the effects werent my cup of tea.

Overall great DVD set!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
From the 2nd disc>

Speculation and Striking Art are the hits for me!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Thanks to everyone for making the Minotaur a successful release.
P3
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Now Available for instant download purchase from the new Anatomymagic.com, Minotaur the final issue (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL