The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Flying Box - (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 17:46, Ray Pierce wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 08:22, worldofwondermagic wrote:
I also very much like the effect. I am building an illusion show "on the cheap"...so will have to check out Andrew Mayne's version of it. LOVE his stuff!

I can't find my copy of Solo X today but I did find a version in his "Illusion book" called Special Delivery. It uses a similar method but it is only to produce a girl and the method is the same as Ali Bongo's idea of using it to prove the box is empty by inference. It is not the "Flying Box" effect that I first saw Magic Unlimited do. Keep in mind I do NOT know if they invented the flying box effect. It's just the earliest version of this particular effect I can date with video documentation. I'm sure the search will continue!

Funny....I was just about to post to see if anyone had a stray copy of Solo-X that they would want to sell!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Isn't this the same idea of Andre Kole's No Feet illusion...but exactly opposite in performance!
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
From this group came out the very first version of the" Flying box ":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Q9E7w1cg0

they performed also this illusion in many conventions through the years and really before the The Magic Unlimited group and the mayne book ( I don't remember correctly if also they performed this for a FISM convention ),

anyway in Europe that kind of illusion more knowed as " the gift box illusion "( is not the flying box version) was really really popular even from a long before than the Bongo's performance.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Marcus.magic,

Like usual your info is incorrect! (please check your facts before posting them, a little research can go a long way)
Ali Bongo is the creator of the original version that was used as inspiration for the flying box effect and nobody did it in Europe before it was shown on the Paul Daniels show!

Do you have proof that I.M.A.G.I.A did it before Magic Unlimited?
MU have been performing this for many years, right after the "Illusion book" came out in 2001, so it is unlikely that I.M.A.G.I.A did it before them.
I know for a fact that Magic Unlimited got it out of Andrew Mayne's book and they came up with their own routine.
Also the Puchinger version came out after the book.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Thanks all! I was able to get a copy of Mayne's "Solo X" from a fellow Café member!

I tend to adapt Mayne's designs to a more permanent construction, rather than cardboard, etc. This way, they fit my style better. I am currently building the Specter Cabinet, Bi-Section, and perhaps "Brain-Damaged" for my new illusion show. I am hoping to add this one to the mix, as well.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
Dear tristanmagic,
Like YOU usually do your infos are incorrect! (please YOU check your facts before posting them, a little research can go a long way).

It's not my problem if you believe to know everything but in fact you are not too much skilled and older to remember all this things.

I'm sorry to you but if I say something it's because I know what I'm saying, sorry "Maestro."

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 10:32am
Tristan how you can talk if you don't know and you never heard before about IMAGIA and many others not well known magicians?

My mother told me when I was young "don't say if you really don't know deeply the things."

Why you already do it?
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Alright, you two...simmer down. Good grief, it's like the old playground argument: "may dad can beat up your dad".

Really...who cares?
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
This is what Marcus send me as a private message:

Marcus.magic
Loyal user
Posted: Fri, Apr 29th, 2011 - 11:46 AM (EST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tristan came back and play whit your cards maybe ( but I'm not shure)you can be better ,
but for shure about illusions you are a deeply ignorance,

play your stupid card tricks on a wedding party and and shut up iif you don't know.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
All we have the facts on now is a video dated in 2007 which predates Magic Unlimited in 2009 but it doesn't tell us who invented it. Only that this group documented it earlier. That's better than nothing!
Ray Pierce
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
Tristan If you offense me and accuse me whitout know deeply the things..as you always do... for shure I will send you that kind of private message.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Magic Unlimited did their floating box routine on TV in Holland in 2003
I saw them perform this illusion at the Monte Carlo Magic Stars & in their Holland tour in 2004
So I don't see how a video of 2007 beats M.U?
I also know that I.M.A.G.I.A performed it before 2007 as they performed this act at the FISM convention in 2006 but there is no proof that they did it before M.U.!
Anyway, who cares?
The fact is that Ali Bongo created it for the Paul Daniels show, then Andrew Mayne put a version in his book (a production of a person in a box - no floating box) which Magic Unlimited read and they build a routine around it using a floating box presentation and they made it famous and now almost every illusionist is doing it in one way or another.
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
IMAGIA was performing the "Flying box " a long before than the FISM 2006 , can you realize this Tristan ?
for shure before than go to a FISM you need to perform this act in some conventions before you need to be seen from a Magic Circle president etc.etc. ,
can you realize this Tristan?
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
Anyway I will not replay you againg Tristan this became really ridicoulos to me.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
I didn't know magic unlimited had original stuff...
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 15:11, Swann101 wrote:
I didn't know magic unlimited had original stuff...

lol... That was my feeling as well, I'm just looking for any solid documentation to be fair.
Ray Pierce
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I like this variation because the box can be shown on all sides: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2Vj6zwAas
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 18:56, Lou Hilario wrote:
I like this variation because the box can be shown on all sides: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2Vj6zwAas

Interesting...

Would have looked a little better had the sign actually stuck to the box.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
In 2002, performing in a gala-show, coincided with a guy who did this illusion. I´m pretty sure he was not the creator of this concept.
He was not MagicUnlimited or IMAGIA.
I have a video of the show, but it's VHS and it's a bit cumbersome capturing it to upload to the Internet for you to see.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I know this is an older thread, but how much impact does the assistant coming from the box have, vrs just flying the box without the girl popup?
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I have the one made from EDF and the people get crazy! you can see part here at 1:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_rGXooi8I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Flying Box - (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL