The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q&A for one spectator (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Anything on cold reading. Juliann Moore's stuff is top class. That combined with a good centre tear. Richard Osterlind or Lee Earle have good centre tears on DVD.
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Perhaps combining a one-ahead system with a center tear would be good. Divine one... destroy it... move onto the next; atleast that's how the spectators would see it.

Theo
xx
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Three Questions - Corinda. 13 Steps
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Annemann - "A Day in the Life". A vast number of billet tests can be presented as a one on one Q&A.
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Quote:
On 2011-03-26 15:04, mastermindreader wrote:
Annemann - "A Day in the Life". A vast number of billet tests can be presented as a one on one Q&A.

ACTUALLY Bob its "A Day in YOUR Life". Mowahaha! I got to correct the great Bob Cassidy <3

(no offence Bob, but when again would I get such an oppotunity?)

Theo
xx
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Congratulations, Theo. You are hereby presented with Dr. Bob's Golden Weenie Award. Wear it with pride!

:eek:
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Basil Horwitz's Challenge Thought. (Or Baker's Fortune Telling Seance.)
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Basil's routine is very nice. Glad I do not see many do it...in my area.

Don't forget working with a pendulum. A pen, paper, pendulum and the gift of gab will do nice. MASTER a SYSTEM or two and you will know what to say to ANYONE.

-Scott M.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5119 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-26 13:05, J. Prager wrote:
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Docc Hilford´s Personal Touch
My own I.D.S. idea from Mysteries Anywhere works great in this case of scenarios. I use my billet sequence for personal Q&A in the past and is a very direct approach.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Question for experts:

I have NEVER done a Q&A so I want some help on this matter. But my thoughts are when you do a personal Q&A your standards don't need to be as high effect wise. For example I might do an effect where I guess someones birth month using a s***i; whereas normally I never would because that action isn't justified (why don't I just tell them their birth month?).

I think that if you have a person already in your 1vs1 Q&A, you are much "freer", agree or disagree?

Can I just say I am very happpy to be over-ruled on this; I honestly don't know much about this subject, I know very little about Q&A and so if I am totally wrong on this please feel free to say so. I would be very happy to learn about close-up Q&A if someone wants to PM me. Just asking Smile

Theo
xx

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5119 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Pm you Theo
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Thank you very much for your useful responses.

Great minds from all the world, I LOVE this place.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2011-03-26 13:57, Theodore Fraser wrote:
Perhaps combining a one-ahead system with a center tear would be good. Divine one... destroy it... move onto the next; atleast that's how the spectators would see it.

Theo
xx

Ah! How I love Cinderella... both, the fairy tell and the rock band! Smile

Need to say more? ... Ok, then... Where is Docc Hilford when one needs him?
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1231 Posts

Profile of Jared
Look up my post from the review on 'Q' Quantum Connection for a nice kicker. The best close-up 'no frills' version of Q & A that I've come across is in James L. Clark's Easy to Master Close-up mentalism Vol. 2. It's perfect for casual performances and super-easy to execute. Trust me, I've probably read all of the various versions and most of the time simplicity is best the way to go!

-Jared
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Why not just have her ask her question and you answer it? No need to do an effect. If you really insist on a prop, show her how to use a pendulum, but IMO, even that's not necessary.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Well, you could do that. But "there's not trick to it." I agree, but if he needs a toy, why not the Annemann close up reading thing with the gaffed e******e?
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
That would work fine, John.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-03-26 17:47, Theodore Fraser wrote:
Question for experts:

I have NEVER done a Q&A so I want some help on this matter. But my thoughts are when you do a personal Q&A your standards don't need to be as high effect wise. For example I might do an effect where I guess someones birth month using a s***i; whereas normally I never would because that action isn't justified (why don't I just tell them their birth month?).

I think that if you have a person already in your 1vs1 Q&A, you are much "freer", agree or disagree?

Can I just say I am very happpy to be over-ruled on this; I honestly don't know much about this subject, I know very little about Q&A and so if I am totally wrong on this please feel free to say so. I would be very happy to learn about close-up Q&A if someone wants to PM me. Just asking Smile

Theo
xx

Forget the mentalism effects and learn how to read the tarot. #Perfect one-to-oe Q&A. Stunning..!
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1480 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Q4U2 number 1 & 2 on the Roy DVD are quite good as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q&A for one spectator (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL