The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q&A for one spectator (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Chris Cheong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of Chris Cheong
Quote:
On 2013-06-01 01:41, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 22:32, Andre Hagen wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 21:50, Chris Cheong wrote:
Hey! Smile There's no need to make it so complicating.

Keep it simple - focus on your presentation and apply a simple 'one ahead'. Always focus on the setting, plot and outcome of the entire presentation.

Chris,

This is excellent advice for Q&A group presentation but I think he is doing it for only one spectator as I read it, and one-ahead would not apply.

Why not? There are many one-on-one billet effects that use multiple billets and that very method. Annemann wrote up a few (A Day in the Life was referred to earlier), and Bert Reese built a reputation with that approach.

I use and still using 'one ahead' for my 1 to 1 Q&A effect. Smile It works just fine and infact I am very comfortable with it because it is easy, efficient and direct.

I love clever method Smile But I don't usually add those in my performances. Because I believe mentalism should be easy to follow and direct to perform.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2013-06-01 04:23, Chris Cheong wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-01 01:41, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 22:32, Andre Hagen wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 21:50, Chris Cheong wrote:
Hey! Smile There's no need to make it so complicating.

Keep it simple - focus on your presentation and apply a simple 'one ahead'. Always focus on the setting, plot and outcome of the entire presentation.

Chris,

This is excellent advice for Q&A group presentation but I think he is doing it for only one spectator as I read it, and one-ahead would not apply.

Why not? There are many one-on-one billet effects that use multiple billets and that very method. Annemann wrote up a few (A Day in the Life was referred to earlier), and Bert Reese built a reputation with that approach.

I use and still using 'one ahead' for my 1 to 1 Q&A effect. Smile It works just fine and infact I am very comfortable with it because it is easy, efficient and direct.

I love clever method Smile But I don't usually add those in my performances. Because I believe mentalism should be easy to follow and direct to perform.

Both Bob and Chris are of course correct. Narrow thinking on my part. I assumed a single question requiring an answer unknown to the spectator requiring a cold read.

Note to self: remember what they say about making assumptions!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
With a slight presentational variation, my Name/Place effect works perfectly as a one-on-one Q&A.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The Roy DVD has two outstanding methods and routines for close up Q&A: Q 4 U 2 No. 1, and Q 4 U 2 No. 2. Both are simple, direct, practical and very deceptive. One of these is featured in Elliott Bressler's Switchcraft. It's great to see the routine explained on DVD. The instruction is outstanding: clear, step-by-step instructions with high quality video. The Roy DVD is now on my short list of favorite mentalism purchases of 2014.

Bought mine here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11891
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q&A for one spectator (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL