We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » "Machurian Approach" or "Trilby Connection" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Which one of these would be more beneficial to someone who is new to hypnosis? I'm looking for the best way to learn and heard that these are good learning sources, but can only afford one of these at the moment.
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I haven't seen The Trilby Connection.

I do have the Manchurian Approach, and I can recommend getting that one. I didn't know anything about hypnosis, but this helped me perform inductions at the club I worked last summer.

I am looking forward to checking out Trilby though.

But Manchurian helped me.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2227 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
There are several dvds on the headhacker.com site.
1. Change/Phenomena 2010 DVD Set
2. The Trilby Connection DVD
3. Reality is Plastic DVD
4. The Manchurian Approach DVD
I am also eager to get the dvds but I don't know if I should get one or all of them at the same time to save on shipping costs. What would you guys think? Are they all worth it? Any advice?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Assuming you have prior knowledge of hypnosis get change phenomena. It was an amazing day and the J rassmussen lecture is worththe price of the set.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Since you're looking for the "best way" to learn, the best thing you could do is save your money for a few more months and then take an in-person training. The DVDs you mention, along with books such as The Ronning Guide to Modern Stage Hypnosis and The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism by McGill will really add to what you learn during the in-person training.
ibraa
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
51 Posts

Profile of ibraa
I own both The Trilby Connection and the Manchurian Approach. Trilby is for about hypnosis, while the Manchurian is a kinda' how to mix magic with hypnosis stuff. Both interesting, but in my opinion The Trilby Connection is way more informative, it's 4 DVD's as I remember so lots of information. I really like the style of Jacquin, funny but still looks serious, he's just amazing. Change Phenomena is a series of lectures from the hypnotism conference, so I think you should definitely start with the Trilby Connection. Covers pretty much the same material what Manchurian and a bit more.
MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
I suggest BOTH!
Rick
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1284 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 13:53, MrPrestoHypno wrote:
I suggest BOTH!
Rick

Yeah, lol...
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Thanks for the kind words guys. I believe the material is different enough that the products are quite distinct.

Both will give you a practicsl foundation in hypnotic technique. Where they differ is what to various phenomena are used for. Trilby is our non magic impromptu repetoire. Manchu is about using hypnosis for magical effect or method.

We had complete control over Trilby Connection and everything from the box design to the sound edit is top notch. The performances are stronger on Trilby and come from a variety of performers. There are about 110 of the first edition box set left.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thanks for the kind feedback Ibraa. Stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Thanks everyone. Just placed an order for "Trilby Connection."
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
HypnoDan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of HypnoDan
You made the right decision, Otto. I would also strongly recommend getting Anthony's book Reality is Plastic and the accompanying DVD. There is a bit of overlap between that and Trilby, but you will be stronger for having them both, and there's some really cool stuff in RIP.

Anthony's service and support is nonpareil, as far as I'm concerned. He's answered many questions for me and given some great advice.

What products or training you seek out after these will depend on where you want to go as a hypnotist, but having RIP and Trilby will get you off to a solid (and fun) start.

Dan
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
Just got back from Anthony's Headhacking seminar in NYC.....AWESOME. Read my review here;

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=22#0

Machurain Approach will definitely get you going in the right direction. Clearly the best material out there to get you going quickly.
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Sometimes in my smoking room I have two tv's playing them both at the same time. Europhia!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

You need the mirrored octagonal room.
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 08:23, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
Sometimes in my smoking room I have two tv's playing them both at the same time. Europhia!

I don´t know what´s more priceless, the two TV´s or having a smoking room. LOL
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 08:59, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 08:23, Vincent.Lynch wrote:

I don´t know what´s more priceless, the two TV´s or having a smoking room. LOL

A Barclaycard
cheesycake7
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of cheesycake7
I am also very interested in the DVDs. As a starter I wonder how much more can I get from the courses compared to the DVDs? Would love to go to the courses but £400 is a lot for me. I'm just a university student. Smile

I am currently thinking maybe I should get both these DVDs, and then go to a course the next time when I know more. Or whether it's wiser to save up straight away for a course and skip the DVDs?

Cheers
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

I suggest you start with my book and The Trilby Connection. You will soon be in a better position to decide about face to face training. I will support you in anyway I can.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I agree with Ant, that's how I got my start down the rabit hole that is hypnosis!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » "Machurian Approach" or "Trilby Connection" (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL