The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for a gimmicked drawstring bag.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I'm looking for a small drawstring cloth bag (about 7"x3"). It needs to be gimmicked to allow objects to be inserted into the bottom, with either velcro to seal it up, or other method.
Does anyone know of a supplier of such an item?
thanks, Doug
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7419 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Lee Jacobs used to sell a money bag with was a change bag. Grant made a small tote at one time as did Ickle Pickle.

I would get a seamstress to sew it up for you. Or buy an existing cosmetic drawstring bag and take out the bottom seam and add velcro.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Potty, Ickle Pickle does indeed make Tote Bags. They did have 3 sizes, one of which was close to what you wanted. However, they have 2 compartments and close with a drawstring, but they do not open at the bottom.

You might check with Sandra Sisti of "Seams Like Magic". I don't think she has what you want as a standard item, but I would about guarantee that she would make it. She does great work, and at a very reasonable cost too.
Mister Mystery
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
It's not terribly hard to learn to sew. A bag of this type would be very easy to construct for a couple of dollars and a modicum of time in front of a sewing machine. Making ones own props is often a lot easier than trying to find the perfect pre-made dealers item.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I don't want a change bag....and yes, I've been using a home-made bag with velcro at the bottom, which is OK, but far from perfect. As for the sewing - yes, I did that myself. Let's just say that I could use some practise!
I may well contact the aforementioned Sandra Sisti, or maybe ask a local seamstress to make it. But in my experience, the local ladies are scared of taking on work like this, as they can never understand exactly what I want!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7419 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Send me sme sketches of what you want made and I will take a look at it. It does not sound that difficult.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
The other problem is what you are prepaid to spen on it. My girlfreind has made some great bags for me but when you start adding up the time spent on one bag it's not a viable business.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Potty, PM me and I'll give you some ideas as we make custom "stuff" all the time for performers.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2298 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Maybe not for kid shows, but I think this is very clever idea:

http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/magict......5-0.html
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for a gimmicked drawstring bag.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL