We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Looking for some knowledgable advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1783 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
As I know nothing about lighting I am looking for some assistance in lighting. I would like to add a little kick to my private shows held in homes, party rooms & small stages, audience size 30-300. Would something like this serve my purpose, if it is stupid & will not please let me know I am open to suggestions. http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERICAN-DJ-MICRO-GA......0f2de41e

Thanks
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
It's not stupid to want your show, even private shows, to be well lit. You have options. Before you go out and buy a light show, think about visiting a sound and light studio for musicians. Walk in and ask to talk with engineers who are knowledgeable in small portable lighting systems for use as you described in your post. Believe it or not, these guys know if small systems are available or they can put one together for you. They would most likely enjoy the challenge of helping you out and give you a great financial break. The added plus is that you'd have space at the studio (with mirrors) to see how the lighting would look. You don't need much lighting for what you are talking about until you get up to the 300 person range. Music artists are often expanding and not needing the smaller equipment they once used. You might be able to get a good deal. And don't stop at one studio -- go to several. Watch classifieds for musicians wanting to sell their used systems. Good luck. Let us know how you are doing with your search.
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Looking for some knowledgable advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL