The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Recommendations for a Small Precision Power Saw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
167 Posts

Profile of rhiro
Greetings,

I enjoy tinkering with K&S tubing and angles in brass, aluminum, and copper. I also work with Plastruct shapes and hardwood strips, like spruce. I've gotten by for decades with the good ol' razor saw and hobby miter box, as well as tubing cutters and single edge razor blades. But I have a project where I'll need to do a lot of miter cuts in small diameter metal tubing and am thinking I should finally get a small cut-off saw. Anyone have recommendations on what to get? I've been looking recently at the MicroLux Mini Miter / Cut-Off saw and the Proxxon Mini Chop Miter Saw. I also considered getting a MicroLux mini scroll saw or a Proxxon DS 230/E Fretsaw because those seemed more versatile. But I suspect a circular saw would give me cleaner, more precise miter cuts in the metal tubing, which is my primary need for now.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Ross
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Recommendations for a Small Precision Power Saw (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL