The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPC Request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jaybest
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of jaybest
This is a copy of my message that was posted in another section but that I thought might be worth posting here aswell.

I am looking for a few people to take a look at something I'm putting together that contains a variety of open prediction style effects.

I no longer use cards in my material and so thought I'd put out some of the pieces I used to do, and I'd like for those who are willing to take a look and have a go at the various pieces and get back to me with how they played for them.

I won't be sending this out until next weekend, but if those who are interested could PM me that'd be great.

Im only looking for those who will genuinely give these a try, so please only PM if you will really perform the contents and not just read the explanations and get back with how you think they would play for you.

Here is a brief description of a few of the pieces included-

OP1- A deck is handed to the participant and then the performer openly predicts a playing card, let's say the 4 of Clubs. The participant now deals through the cards one at a time into a face-up pile and are asked to stop dealing whenever they like and deal the card they stop at off to the side (face-down), they then continue dealing until they've exhausted the pack... the 4 of Clubs has not been seen, they now flip over the card they stopped at and it's the 4 of Clubs (or whatever card you predicted).

Includes a variation that can make use of a borrowed deck that is completely untouched by the performer.

No gimmicks and completely hands off, works 99% of the time.

OP2- Same as above though a gimmick is involved but works 100% of the time.

Completely hands off.

OP3- A deck is handed to the participant for shuffling and then placed down on a surface area, the performer now openly names a card, the participant now cuts the deck into 2 piles and one half is eliminated... this is continued until only 1 card remains, the predicted card.

No gimmicks and works 100% of the time.

OP4- A deck is handed to the participant and then the performer openly predicts a playing card, the cards are now dealt one at a time onto the performers outstretched hands until the participant feels like stopping, the card stopped at is the predicted card.

No gimmicks and works 100% of the time.

Well there are brief descriptions of 4 of the pieces, though within are multiple others and as a bonus is my impromptu take on the ACAAN plot.

I'll leave it their for now, PM if you're interested in having a looksy.

I'll let 5 copies go, though not necessarily on a first come first serve basis... I'll pick 5 and let them know before the end of next week.

Cheers.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Sounds like you have some interesting ideas here.

I'd get ready for a lot of PMs if I were you.

Good luck with your endeavour

Steve
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Sounds very interesing indeed! I think Steve is right - you're gonna get a lot of PMs about this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPC Request (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL