The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Looking to BUY the following Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I do not look bad enough on the forum picture lol

Maybe this style looks better :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG_EBeqw3Yc

^^
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 08:51, stereo wrote:
Yes I think they take the pics away because they were from my blog.
Stealing more than 30 pictures, cut the blog address, do not ask permission and did not even put a link or thanks. I found it just too too muuch.
For personal use or non-profit this does not bother me at all, but for commercial use I find it shameful. Basically I work for him, I spent hours taking pictures and he uses it to sell his item. No way. I have already shut down websites for less than that. So should I put the big copyright in the center of all my photos, frankly it would be so ugly that it hurts me in advance, and all because some people do not know how to live and willing to do anything to win money without making any effort?
The problem is that I discover every day of magic shop taking my photos, remove the blog address, and act as if it was they who had to spend hours making them.
I repeat what bothers me is that they make it a commercial use. especially when I do not even put a small ad on my blog not to disturb visitors. If I spend months doing this blog is not for the money, it's just passion, then I refuse to let others use my selfless work to earn money with impunity. I am fortunate to live in a police station, surrounded by policeman so I never hesitate to go further when needed. Moreover, when a shop asks me kindly I never say no.

Stereo, never got a quote from you on your Diabolicus, LOL. I'm afraid to make an offer, LOL.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Stereo, I recently discovered some eBay auctions using my pictures from your site - they were even watermarked (you remember when and why we did this, right?) but that didn't scared them off.... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Stereo, that just truly sucks re photo thefts! All your passion, all your efforts. In a weird way, try to see it as a tribute to your craftsmanship. The ultimate irony is that if they had just been up-front & forthright, you'd probably have given them the go-a-head anyway.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Yepp, he would have granted permission....I know him! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Anyone out there have a mint Mirage (T-129) they would be willing to trade for a mint Floating Lady?
PM me if you do.

Thanks
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 08:51, stereo wrote:
Yes I think they take the pics away because they were from my blog.
Stealing more than 30 pictures, cut the blog address, do not ask permission and did not even put a link or thanks. I found it just too too muuch.
For personal use or non-profit this does not bother me at all, but for commercial use I find it shameful. Basically I work for him, I spent hours taking pictures and he uses it to sell his item. No way. I have already shut down websites for less than that. So should I put the big copyright in the center of all my photos, frankly it would be so ugly that it hurts me in advance, and all because some people do not know how to live and willing to do anything to win money without making any effort?
The problem is that I discover every day of magic shop taking my photos, remove the blog address, and act as if it was they who had to spend hours making them.
I repeat what bothers me is that they make it a commercial use. especially when I do not even put a small ad on my blog not to disturb visitors. If I spend months doing this blog is not for the money, it's just passion, then I refuse to let others use my selfless work to earn money with impunity. I am fortunate to live in a police station, surrounded by policeman so I never hesitate to go further when needed. Moreover, when a shop asks me kindly I never say no.

I had the same problem with my Tenyoworld site. I took all the photos personally from my tenyo collection (for the gallery) and websites and ebay auctions were stealing my photos without permission or credit. You could easily tell which were my pics as they were against a yellow background. It was so frustrating. Took so long to take the photos. :-(
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
bigjay1974
View Profile
New user
Worcestershire. UK
85 Posts

Profile of bigjay1974
Hi Houdini103126

I have a Mini-Morphosis for Sale?

PM Me if interested

Jay Adkins
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Wanted Tenyo ninja experiment,
dynamite magic shop
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
24 Posts

Profile of dynamite magic shop
Hi,

we do have a giant amount of older (discontinued) Tenyo´s in stock (800+ pieces left at the moment), see our website mentioned earlier in this topic.

I read here I took pictures of the tenyo blogspot to use on our website/shop, that was correct, it doesn´t sound like an excuses but to me the page looked (besides that it does look great) like an information page and I could not find a copyright or anything like that and therefore used the pictures. Of course I had to ask before but because the giant load of items we had bought we just wanted it to get up on our webshop as soon as possible and forgot to ask (no excuse, I know). After the email I received from the owner of the blogspot we immediately removed (the same day) all pictures and replaced these with our own pictures we made that day and apologized for any inconvenience. Just to let you all know we try to be fair in any way and do not want to take advantage of somebody or something. By the way, there are more shops using these pictures I noticed some time ago....Enough about that now Smile

We have most orders coming from USA, UK and France and mostly we ship the Diabolocus, Excalibur, Moonspinner, Twister (Pencilia), Wonder Window and Knife of the Ninja. Besides these we have a lot of other older discontinued Tenyo items as well.

Take a look at the price but feel free to send a list if you have any questions or just want a quote. We are not that difficult in making a great price if you buy at least a few items at once. We shipped a box containing over 30 tenyo´s a few months ago (ask the new owners) at a great price because of the large order!

So..if there are any questions left just let me know...I didn´t respond earlier on the magic Café because I did not visit it for some years (read : lost the password and did not fix that before).

René
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you for informations, you have great chance to have this giant stock (800 + ^^) of old tenyo items.
Your price are very hight (and even more in $), for some tricks your price are not good ( like hanky panky, impossible pen, grand derby etc) but I understand you wanna make money with this rare tricks. It's normal and I maybe do the same.
Thank you for your message about the photos of my blog. No problem it's ok. And yes there is so many website using my photo lol Lot of us think my blog is official one from Tenyo. I take as a compliment...
Most say they have not seen the copyright but it nevertheless never forget to cut the photo to remove the blog address XD
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I just placed an order for 6 older Tenyo carded tricks with Rene from the Dynamite Shop and he was a pleasure to deal with.

The prices listed do not make sense for many of the items but he has a lot of good old Tenyo stock.

I asked him the price for three that I wanted and then when he answered back with a good price I asked about three more and a price for all six.

He made me a good offer and when all was said and done the prices I paid were very fair and about the going rates.

Rene sent pictures of the six items front and back and they all look mint in the photos.

It was tough once the euros were converted to dollars, but that something that I can't do anything about.

If your country uses the Euro or GBP I would think the prices would seem even better.

Give Dynamite Magic Shop a try. For me they had Good Tenyo Karma.

AA
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Some of the stores I check out are delusional on the prices they are asking. Used, incomplete, and not so rare items at insulting prices.

Meh...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The stores (internet or otherwise) are getting an idea of high value by looking at eBay. Right now there's a Crossroads that's not even in the package that's one up to some goofy price.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I thought that is what Crossroads go for. I heard it was a hard trick to find and many people want it.

It is ironic that Tenyo tricks that many people want are not necessarily their best tricks. Like the Haunting.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement blue "Camel 6889 HB" pencil to use with Crossroads.

LMK
AA
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Very true Smile The hard to find ones which sell for the most are often not Tenyo's best! Crossroads is a very nice trick though, with carefull handling it is a miracle. I'd like Cormatches to make a video of it Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Through the power of good Karma (and quite a bit of cash!) I will soon own a Crossroads. I won the bid on the first unit... Thank you to the seveal that pm'd me and said they would not bid against me. Yes Richard it is quite a bit of money for an opened plastic trick, but these are the first ones I have seen and I have been looking for over 2 years for one.

It was a strange bit of fate that within hours of posting in the Karma thread that it was on my wish list one appeared on ebay (cue Twilight Zone theme).

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
There is so Many Cross Road on ebay this year John ...
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
275 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
If I remember correctly Stereo, you only want one that's New In Box?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Looking to BUY the following Tenyo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL