The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » A Great Mobile Prop Case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I bought this at Walmart about a year ago,..(Google Search "Stanley 018800R Mobile Work Center")and look at the Amazon site for best Pics of this case.The bottom portion will hold Stage size Hip Hop Rabbits,Large Magic Coloring Book,Jumping Signed Bill,Vapor Block,Vanishing Bandana,Multiplying Bottles,Nielsen Bottle and a Change Bag (just an example) or what ever you can fit in it with room to spare.The Top portion has a removable Tray that will hold all your small items ie:Wands,Balls,Canes and Candles and the like.And below that is space for Curtains/Silks,Ropes,Electrical/Audio Cords or what ever you wish.You can pick it up by the recessed Handle on the Top or Flip Up the other Handle (shown in Pics) to Pull it along.I liked it so well that I bought Two.If placed against a wall,they are stackable.With help from your local Print Shop,you can Jazz it up a bit.Light weight and durable,well worth looking at.
Mike
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Looks quite useful. Heading to Home Depot today for other stuff...will check it out.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
P.Synenberg
View Profile
New user
Abingdon, Va
58 Posts

Profile of P.Synenberg
I used to use something similar, and for my smaller coins and such I used something similar to a screw organizer. They were both probably one of the best investments I've made thus far.
-P.J. Synenberg
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 21:43, P.Synenberg wrote:
I used to use something similar, and for my smaller coins and such I used something similar to a screw organizer. They were both probably one of the best investments I've made thus far.

For small stuff like coins, etc, you can also get one of those clear plastic "tackle box" things from WalMart or some other similar store. They have customizable dividers, and only run a couple of bucks.

They are also good for keeping repair items all in one spot.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
The metal tool "brief cases" are great and cheap at Harbor Freight. if you have one in your town, go visit and look at them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsear......ool+case

Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:39pm
I have a couple of these I use for bigger stuff, and they look good when I arrive at a clients site.

http://www.harborfreight.com/17-1-2-half......871.html

I also use a couple of these. I use these for close up stuff and stuff to fix stuff (paint, glue, tape, wire etc.(

http://www.harborfreight.com/17-3-4-quar......777.html

Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:43pm
Son of a dog, I also forgot. I modified one of these with a table base to make a walk on show. You need to thoroughly reinforce the "base" or bottom of the case to add in the pipe thread which I did using a thin piece of steel epoxied inside (hint, rip out the padding first).

http://www.harborfreight.com/17-3-4-quar......777.html
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Great ideas...thanks Chad!
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » A Great Mobile Prop Case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL