We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Peanut Butter and Jelly ending? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The frog might croak on the sandwich ... I could see a child jumping to that conclusion. If you really wanted to pad the routine and add two frogs, I am sure it would go swimmingly. You're idea that the frog eat the sandwich makes me green with envy.
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
444 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
You could look at the sandwich bit as an add on or as another trick in a series of tricks that work together to make a routine. The reason I use the sandwich ending is to involve a helper. The entire PB&J routine with the switching containers is done solo. But as I begin the routine, I announce that I'm going to make a PB & J sandwich. Then I do the switches. But I had promised to make a sandwich so--new trick: I show two slices of bread which magically -- thanks to my helper holding the bag, waving the magic wand and saying the magic words -- transform into a real PB & J sandwich. I don't think one needs to get too hung up with the logic. The sequence works well; first a funny routine with the containers; then a magical effect using a helper.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
965 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I agree with Mr. LMLipman
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2011-04-13 11:24, REV BILL wrote:
Sometimes we as magicians lose the whole reason why we do what we do. "Entertainment comes first". Why does everything have to make sense to adults?

"It doesn't even have to make sense" is a line I actually use in my show. So I do appreciate that logic has its place and rules can be broken.

Therefore if it doesn't have to make sense why, firstly, contrive a crazy forced explanation about particles and, secondly, restrict yourself to sanwiches. Does it add to the entertainment?

I'm not knocking the sanwich, I'm sure many of you use it successfully. My main point is that on a thread called "PB & J ending" it's a bit sad that everyone is suggesting the same ending rather than coming up with their own solutions and endings to the effect.

To be honest, I like the frog idea.

George
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-04-14 06:25, magicgeorge wrote:

Therefore if it doesn't have to make sense why, firstly, contrive a crazy forced explanation about particles...

Maybe I spent too much time watching Star Trek as a kid, but I always assumed that particle dematerialization and reassembly was the default explanation for objects disappearing from one place and reappearing somewhere else. But then, since my first name is Scott, I've been hearing "Hey, beam me up, Scotty" from classmates and coworkers pretty much since day one.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Actually as a premiss, I think it's pretty funny. If you were to ham up the geek aspect and confound the children with scientific hyperbole it could be a lot of fun.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
965 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
The gentleman said,"" it's a bit sad that everyone is suggesting the same ending rather than coming up with their own solutions and endings to the effect." Well here is another you might like. If you can find the plastic jelly jars (or any smaller plastic jar that you can paint blue or black on the inside to look like its filled with jelly),cut off the bottom of the jars and put a glass of milk in one and maybe fruit or bread roll or cookies in the other (real or fake).Do the passe passe part and finally produce at the finish the rest for the makings of a a good lunch.If your brave,forget the fruit etc and load a mouse under each. Show the jars will disappear. In their place are the ones that ate it all up.Just use your imagination and a good premise to load the inner jars.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2011-04-14 16:31, REV BILL wrote:
If your brave,forget the fruit etc and load a mouse under each.

Or a frog.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
965 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Touche'
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Nice thinking, Rev Bill. Reminds me a bit of Jolly Roger's version of this effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UjJL7mRJSY

Now there's a man who doesn't let logic impede on his fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Peanut Butter and Jelly ending? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL