The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Peanut Butter and Jelly ending? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings,

Looking for ideas for an entertaining way to end the Peanut Butter and Jelly Trick?

Seen the idea of the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich... play well? Is there a sponge sandwich?

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

RevJohn
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I seem to remember a sponge sandwich many years ago. But it didn't look like a P&B sandwich. I believe it had lettuce looking stuff around the edges. It's been too long ago to zero in on it exactly.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
I'd consider using an Epipen...
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I did the sandwich ending when I was doing the PBJ. I used soy butter instead of peanut. It looks just like it, just a bit thinner. Tastes good too!
-Matt
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I replaced the jelly with emptied cans of Hersey's chocolate (Hey! You got Chocolate in my peanut butter! Yada yada) The blow off was a Reese's P'Butter Cup in the double-wall bag. Much cleaner, less messy and the kids thought it was just as funny. Not logical, of course, but humor seldom is.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Has anyone done a total vanish of the Peanut Butter, leaving the jelly behind? Or is that to close to tipping method, etc?

I like using the Hersey's Chocolate! You could then also use one of the cans to produce something later...

Question... can you still get the cans?

John
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2467 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
John,

I haven't seen those cans in a long time.

I think vanishing the PB would be too close to tipping the method. I use the PB&J ending and it get good responses. Sometimes I think even the adults are impressed.
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I use my PB&J in conjunction with bigger wands. That way, the ending is that the trick finally works. I find that the pacing for a BW routine works well with PB&J because you get to see the items in their original position several times, then finally you get a flash change.

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 9:47am
Oh and yes, hershey's syrup still comes in cans. For a more cosmopolitan crowd, I'd go with nutella.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
Question... can you still get the cans? John

You know...that's a good question. I've been using my set since the early 90's. Hmmmm.....

If you visit the Hershey's Website Store ( hersheys.com ), they have a nice apothecary jar with a chocolate candle and the Hershey's Syrup labeling and a Hershey's syrup can (with candle). Either would probably work.

I found a few on eBay and http://www.buythecase.net sells the cans in bulk (24 per case)...so, they must still be available out there somewhere!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I made a double sided tin lunch box. I show it at first, with just 2 pieces of plain white bread. Then I do my routine and then show it with a real P&J sandwich. Lastly I do the Hientz catsup bottle routine, asking the kids if they would like catsup on their P&J sandwich. I then of course put the catsup bottle in a paper bag and crumble it up saying: "oh well I guess we don't need this."
kazam65
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of kazam65
I do a version similar to the one Dick Stoner does, which can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUic5FZVIOI
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Ok, call me a nitpicker, but he grabs the sandwich from the kid in his bare hands after handling a bunch of props, open it up to show it's insides to the audience, then hands it back saying, "This is for you!" Oh, joy, what a treat ...

That pre-packaged Peanut Butter Cup is looking better.

Of course, the old "You got chocolate in my peanut butter" bit is old now. No longer runs on TV and kids would not know it.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 19:30, Starrpower wrote:
Of course, the old "You got chocolate in my peanut butter" bit is old now. No longer runs on TV and kids would not know it.

Presented right, it still plays with the kids - I'm not going to share my entire script here - and the parents and grandparents nearly always catch the reference. My sponge bunnies are named George and Gracie - Means nothing to the kids, but grandparents always smile when they hear it. Dual level entertainment is more than a good idea.

Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 20:00, Skip Way wrote:

Dual level entertainment is more than a good idea.

No argument here.

... although I did read your post twice, trying to figure out what George and Gracie had to do with peanut butter cups!
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Appreciate all the comments. Helps get my creative juices flowing as well.

Thanks!

RevJohn
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
... although I did read your post twice, trying to figure out what George and Gracie had to do with peanut butter cups!

:) I use a lot of older references that kids don't get but parents/grandparents do. The reference is for George Burns and Gracie Allen, you young whippersnapper! Guess I could have been a little clearer about that. Let me know if you need further clarification. Smile

Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Oh, I understood the reference to the Burnses ... I just read quickly and did NOT see the peanut butter relationship!

And bless you for calling me "young" ... the check is in the mail!
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 21:23, Starrpower wrote:
And bless you for calling me "young" ... the check is in the mail!

Yeah, but mailing a check instead of using paypal is points against the young thing - you just dated yourself back again. Smile
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
But the point of the "check in the mail" is that is never arrives!
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
284 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
Say good night, Gracie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Peanut Butter and Jelly ending? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL