The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Targeting the audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My goffin and doves like to poop shortly once being handled. I just thought of birds pooping over an audience during a flight trip after being produced. Anyone had that problem before?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Remove their feed and water about 3 hours before the show!

Reward them with it after the show.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22595 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have read in dove magic books that you should not feed your birds from the day before the event. Actually, you should not leave a feed cup in their cage all the time. You should get the birds used to being served food at the same time every day. Then remove the food cup within a specified time limit. Like give them 10 or 15 minutes to eat. Then remove the food until the next day.

To lesson the pooping during a show,simply exercise the birds, walk the birds on your index fingers of each hand to get them flapping their wings. They will usually give you a gift for your kindness. LOL

Remember, daily exercise is important, they need their muscles built up just like we humans. If you want your birds to fly, they need to practice daily. I learned the hard way, my birds was kept in their cage, and in the end they could not fly. Just fell to the ground.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Birds have an extremely high metabolism and need to eat often to stay healthy. They can starve to death in an amazingly short period of time. I'm sure it varies greatly between species.
Having said that I have no idea how long you you can safely withold food from doves or a Goffin.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Targeting the audience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL