The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Subjects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
By the way you have a lovely hairstyle ( dale carnaigie) does that do it for you? Are we friends now?

Perhaps our message is the same because nothing has changed. Why do we post here? Because we can. Better be careful or I will be accused of sheep worrying..
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 15:44, mindpunisher wrote:
Also - If you are going to copy someone pick a good model to clone. Which is why I suggested looking elswhere other than this forum. The stuff getting dished out on here is pretty awful but will make good fodder for the sheep. Bahhhhhh

LOL! I don't think you even realize the what this means.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I have no idea what your rambling statement is reffering too Craig? What are you on about? Can you be more specific? (and no its not the meta model I really don't know what you are on about?)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hi Chris,
16 huh?
Well you seem to be doing ok. There's lots you don't know and some other things you find hard to understand, for example that there is no such thing as failing a suggestability test. I think Craig explained all of that perfectly so I won't bother.
Anyway at 16 you know more about this than I did at your age, so..... well done you!
You're on the right path and you're simply going to get better and better and better, and that's pretty much a fact, despite what anybody in here thinks or says.
But you came in here for advice I guess. Based on what you've said I think you have come to the stage where you now need some kind of hands on help. Have you tried looking around where you are geographically?
The stage guys might not help you, but that's to be understood as that's where they make their income. Either doing hypnosis for money or teaching hypnosis for money, so that's fair enough.
However, there might be some of the impromptu guys about. Most of them are a good bunch, happy to help. Dig a little and see what's there.
As for the rest of it. You just have to DO more... and more... and more. Remember the first guy ever to do this had no tutor, books or tapes, so you are already a million miles head start on him.
You're correct (I feel) that it is less rather than more that you can use for stage phenomena, but YOU will best find out who is best for this stuff, by YOU PERSONALLY DOING THIS STUFF. Not even a mentor will teach you better (IMHO).
So, to conclude. Try to find a mentor, but keep DOING hypnosis.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask anything anytime,
Bob
ps:remember that the vast majority in this room consider themselves here to help each other.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
819 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I have no desire to get into a P-ing contest with you. At one time I would have done so gladly; I would have cut at both you and your arguments. I would have felt a momentary satisfaction and in the end would have completely alienated you and forever solidified you in your position. My ego no longer requires that. I don’t accept your frame and its inherent limitations that you refuse to see. Stage hypnosis is a wonderful model and one I will probably choose to study when I can, through both at home materials and in person training. However, it isn’t the only model, not anymore.

I have no need to dig up dirt on you Danny. I have read a previous thread that contained false allegations towards you. I don’t need that. You have given all the material needed through your own words.

I also am not disagreeing with everything you say. I simply choose to eat the meat and spit out the bones; I can learn something from everybody.

I am flattered that you like my haircut MP. Maybe you would like to print my photo out in wallet size to keep it near you at all times, or better yet print a poster sized one to place above your headboard. Smile
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19873 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I for one do not want an arguement. What I do want is for YOU to be consistant in what you want and what you DO. What I mean is for you to accept everyone elses point of view as valid, the way you DEMAND we do with you. This is my only desire.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
That's the thing Chris what you don't see is the inherant limitations in the substandard hacked "hypnosis" on here. Hypnosis is hypnosis whether its on the stage on the sport field at a sales meeting or unfortunately on the street.

The street hypnosis impromtu whatever you want to call this fad is a very crude and basic form of hypnosis that is nothing new. Only the fad is new and the type of person it attracts and the "application" (if you can call it that). As I said before the idea of monkeys driving ferrari's seems to be a good one to describe the current fad. ( better than Danny's "Children" I think)Which is why I said in my last post if you are serious and want to get good at hypnosis go somewhere else rather than this site. As the info and "advice" is not that good. that's my opinion you don't have to agree with it of course but if you want I'l throw you a banana...

Yet those that do it still think its new and superior its not. I use hypnosis all the time I rarely do stage hypnosis these days but even so hypnosis is hypnosis no matter what the context.

Of course I don't really like your hair but Dale told me its how I will make you my friend but whatever you do don't touch me..
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Don't worry about what MP writes. He's already admitted that what he writes "is pretty awful but will make good fodder for the sheep."
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
"Maybe you are jealous of those of us who have large regular audiences."

Are you talking to MP?

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
"Which is why I said in my last post if you are serious and want to get good at hypnosis go somewhere else rather than this site. "

LOL! watch a MP show and see how not to do it!

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19873 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Great a child with an agenda LOL.

I contend that NOBODY should get information ONLY from this site and try to be a hypnotist.

It would be "best" to have some sort of live mentorship, or live training. That is "best", but certainly not the only way. Not by a long shot. Books and DVD's are VALUABLE resources and enough of them on the subject can certainly make a person a competant operator. It has done so for many decades and there is no reason you would not learn in this manner now.

I do happen to think that Mindpro is right, this kid has not done quite enough research to start hypnotising anyone. His questions show his ignorance, which is ok because he is 16. No biggie, but he should do more is all I am saying. Nothing wrong with seeking knowledge, it is the ONLY way to learn! Good on him for being excited, good on him for his youthful exuberance and good on him for having the guts to actually try it. 90% of hypnosis is simply having the guts to say to someone that you can do it and trying! Seriously guys. That is the largest part.

But he needs to be trained properly, even if just through good books. This can't really be denied. The whole "who should learn" debate is sort of a Red Herring. As is Ant and his sneak up on someone approach. Ant wants to sell things. Cool. Hey sell away. Just be a bit more honest about what it IS you are selling. This kid says he wants to be a stage hypnotist, and the techniques used to relieve people of cucumbers may not be as valuable as they seem on the surface.

Contrary to what the OP suggests stage hypnosis is NOT merly a matter of numbers. Not by a longshot when done right. Your opening lecture and selection process makes it so that your numbers are in your favor, and that you keep the VAST majority of your subjects. Again, proper knowledge is what is needed. The idea that only a small percent of people go into trance, well maybe as a whole in the world, but you can attract a HUGE percentage of those people as your subjects then that percentage is not relevant now is it?

As for this little snipe, "Maybe you are jealous of those of us who have large regular audiences."

Are you talking to MP?

HK

I think it was pretty clear I was talking to Chris after his little crying jag about being tired of hearing things.

So lets be clear. I have no problem with any form of hypnosis. I mean if all you aspire to is a little petty theft and some free cucumbers and want to ambush people then cool. It is not my preferance but I respect your right to do so. All I ask in return is for you to give me that exact same courtesy. Is that too much to ask?

Oh I would also like that when it is obvious people don't have information, we don't act as if they do. Pretty simple I think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 18:08, dmkraig wrote:
Don't worry about what MP writes. He's already admitted that what he writes "is pretty awful but will make good fodder for the sheep."

Actually Craig I don't write any fodder for the sheep because they already know it all on here...And really over the years Ive lost count of the number of pms asking me if I am ever going to provide training or release a hypnosis product. Ive always said I never would and have no interest serving this niche. There is far too much training available already and its something that really doesn't excite me. Or something I couldn't be proud of...

I am alergic to monkeys you see they give me asthma...

But for many on here standing on street corners or in bars getting a cheap thrill will satisfy their personal needs... and I truly think that niche has a great guru so you shouldn't listen to any of us...you know what you want.

On the other hand I would still say if you are serious about learning hypnosis go somewhere else...

This forum has fell apart the last couple of years with thread after thread full of bad advice and pimping crappy products.

At least cucumbers are doing well..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19873 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow nobody EVER asked me if I was going to put out anything. I feel so left out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I was asked last year to mentor somebody who was contemplating 4 walling somewhere in your part of the world near a Disney World complex... They were supposed to be doing it this year and offered to pay me but never heard from them again. I've been asked numerous times over the years way before the current street craze. And more recently.

I have released a couple of products before and even now still sell the 7th Sense code at least two or three every month. Its been selling now for years. Many tv mentalists bought the original system but few ever spoke about it. So I guess that might be why I get asked.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I guess if you had released something before then you probably would've been asked.
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
Thanks for the responses every one. the reason I posted this was to try to learn more. I'm admitting I don't know as much as a lot of you here that's why I'm asking haha. I understand some of the things people have said it just confuses me when people have different opinions. from my personal experience I've found that not a lot of people can be hypnotized so my curiosity was how to get the majority of suggestible people on stage, but after watching a lot of videos online a lot of hypnotist don't even do suggestibility test they just ask people to come up and the first people up get to participate. I feel like if I did this I get a major fail rate which confuses me. I don't know whos opinion I should listen to! thanks again guys -chris
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Fergie, just about everyone can be hypnotized IF they want to be hypnotized, IF you know how to hypnotize them and IF you have enough time.

With stage hypnosis, not everyone wants to be hypnotized and you don't have a lot of time to do the hypnosis--you want to get to the action!

That leaves us with becoming, as Anthony puts it THE HYPNOTIST. You have to know hypnosis and all of its aspects brilliantly.

Think of learning hypnosis, a skill, as if it were plumbing, also a skill. Plumbers don't learn their trade by reading books. They get trained. They also read books in addition to their training.

About a year ago I hired a plumber to do a repair job. It was fairly easy and straight forward. I said "What you're doing looks pretty easy." He smiled and said,

"Plumbing IS easy. Until it's not. Then what will you do?"

The same is true of hypnosis. It IS easy. Until it's not. Then what will you do?

I respectfully suggest you get your parents' permission and take a training. Then you'll be able to make up your mind as to conflicting information. In fact, you may be surprised to see that what appears to be conflicting isn't that different at all.
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
Thanks for the help dmkraig I appreciate it, this might be alittle off topic, but am I better off going to a training program or get trained by a stage hypnotist? thanks ahead of time -chris
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19873 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That depends completely on the program, and on the hypnotist. One could be better or worse you never know. In "general" you ae better off with a mentor. That is a generality.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I would agree with Danny on this.

Here is something to consider. One of the things you'll learn about hypnosis is that although the hypnotist has no special powers, no matter how you stress this to people, many will still think you have special abilities. They will want to come to you to make changes in their lives.

A Stage Hypnosis Training will primarily focus on teaching you to be a performer. A more general training program won't focus on performing, but will probably share much more on the history, theory, and methodology of hypnosis for helping.

My guess is that at this time (and because you're at a forum more oriented toward stage work) you want to learn performance hypnotism. Therefore, I would respectfully suggest that if one is available, training with a stage hypnotist would be better for you.

You can then add to it over time. There are far, far more books on hypnotherapy than on stage hypnosis. You can add to what you've learned about hypnosis through your stage training via books. As you develop, you may want to add to your learnings with general hypnosis training.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Subjects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL