The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is the Axtell Magic Board Good for My 9 Year Old? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eht
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of eht
My 9 year old son wants to buy the Axtell Magic board. He loves art and is interested in magic (but is still a novice). The price for it is about $100 so he has been saving money for a while. I don't want him to spend that kind of money and get disappointed because it was either too hard for him to use or the product is not that good.

So what do you think?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2461 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I guess my question is when is he going to use it? It is not a product meant for closeup and unless he is going to be doing shows I think he will be disappointed at how little he uses it. Now if he were putting together a show and had plans for performing regularly then I would say go for it.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 17:54, eht wrote: So what do you think?

The board works well, but I wouldn't recommend it for a nine-year-old... unless, as already noted, he's already performing platform and stage, and has some real-life experience in magic.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I agree with the two previous posts. It's a great product, but not something he'd do for his friends when they come over. It is definitely a stage trick. Knowing how a 9 year old thinks, 'cuz that's basically what I am, he would be disappointed.
eht
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of eht
Thank you very much for your replies. He is definitely not doing shows so he will look for something else to spend his $ on. Thanks again!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3913 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I agree...there's also the aspect of the size of his hands.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Great decision. If he was doing shows you might want to consider it. The hand size could be an issue though!

There's some great magic out there that I know he'll love and have more fun with. Does he have extreme burn? Very visual, easy and he can always carry it with him.
eht
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of eht
Extreme Burn? I just Googled it. Very cool. Do I just need to buy the DVD from http://www.sandersfx.com/ and we're off and running?
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
The special FX board may be easier for him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is the Axtell Magic Board Good for My 9 Year Old? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL