The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Postcards by Hernan Macagno and Tango Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
273 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Has anyone gotten an early look at Postcards by Hernan Macagno and Tango Magic.

Demo link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAzY4ozBroo

Looks like most sites still have it as a pre-order item.

Description: Hernan Macagno, invented "Postcards", an amazing apparition of a deck of cards that will become a classic effect in a short time.

Imagine showing an envelope that contains a empty and flat bicycle box of cards, take out the flat box and show it very clearly, them fold the box and the cards appear inside the box (the set doesn't include the cards).

One of the best opening for your close up, parlor or stage act.
*Very easy to do
*Extremely visual
*Easy and quick set-up
*English - Spanish version DVD
*Gimmick included
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
I seen this on MJM magic. I would lke to see a demo live. Looks OK. Waiting for review myself on this one.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of rklew64
His left arm is too apparent, at least to me - especially at the table where his left arm is frozen until.

how about another "original" for a looksy

2006 - http://davidregal.com/products/sudden-deck-ii

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/sudden-dec......301.html
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Good effect. Tango Magic has some clever stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2354 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
There is a trick that I believe is in The Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi by Richard Kaufman that is very similar in appearance and that is easy to make up yourself.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Cool, that book is 1990, just shows that magic for the most is nothing really new nowadays, just a spinoff or a brought back for a re-discovery for a new/next generation.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
686 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
It looks like it's probably best suited for sitting down (for the posted version). Doesn't seem very practical for roving magicians.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4702 Posts

Profile of RNK
Doesn't look to bad. Though, reminds me a little bit of Sudden Impact II by David Regal.

RNK
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
There are stand up versions that don't involve having to sit down. He covers many variations in the DVD. I really like this.

Devin
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
925 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I had a chance to review this tonight during the Magic Marketplace product review show and here are some of my thoughts from the show...

Overall:

This is a well made gimmick that allows you to remove a flat box from an envelope, fold the box together and then produce a full deck of cards from the box.

Cons:

* This requires you to either be seated or be wearing a jacket in order to perform the necessary steps required to make the effect happen.
* While the gimmick is well made the price tag of $60.00 seems a bit high.

Pros:

* The DVD and gimmick are both nicely done. The DVD goes over everything you need to know and shows how to perform the deck in various ways.
* Once you open the package there is very little that you need to do before you can start performing this. The gimmick is easy to assemble and everything you need is included.

Final Thoughts:

If you are the kind of performer that finds yourself seated in a more formal setting then this might work for you. I would personally recommend Sudden Deck 2 from David Regal. It's perfect for the walkaround performer and is half the price of Postcards. The gimmick here does everything the ad says but the limitations and price tag didn't seem to outweigh the pros this time.

luke
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
273 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Thanks Luke for the review!!!

How well would the gimmick hold over time and can and does the DVD show how to recreate the gimmick.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
I own Sudden Deck 2 and I don't think I will trade it with Postcard because I stand at most of my performances. But, if you perform by sitting down then you should get Postcard because I find it difficult to use Sudden Deck while I am sitting down. Thus, both effects are good and they complement each other.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1889 Posts

Profile of slyhand
What is the reset like?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 09:06, slyhand wrote:
What is the reset like?

It's on this weeks Wizard Product Review and they say about 15 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRsM5deuDs
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2650 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I've seen some say a jacket is needed and others saying it wasn't.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
708 Posts

Profile of carlwag
If a jacket is needed I think I would leave this one.
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
366 Posts

Profile of kamus
I believe this is actually based on "Appearing Deck" by Kuniyasu Fujiwara from "Five by Five" Japan by Kaufman (fantastic book BTW). In the original, you use a wallet instead of an envelope and it can be performed sitting or standing. I hope he gives credit- the original appears not to have been noticed much- I haven't seen anyone (but me) do this. $60 seems steep (though I don't know exactly how the Postcards gimmick is constructed) given that the original could be made for next to nothing with stuff lying around.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2354 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I agree with the comparison to "Appearing Deck," an under appreciated trick. I have seen this in person. A little more to the gimmick which is probably "handmade" and therfore little cleaner then "Appearing Deck" but too much at 60 bucks
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Love the trick. Do it now regularly. Plays well with lay people. It's a nice and soft introduction to myself being a magician, which fits my style perfectly.
F.U.D.T.S.P
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of F.U.D.T.S.P
I like the look of this, it's totally visual
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Postcards by Hernan Macagno and Tango Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL